+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland received a passport request, but no portal email for the inland principal applicant

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
No updates yet. I had called IRCC yesterday and they told I just have to wait to hear from the office. All assessment of the application is completed and the application is approved. I don't think the IRCC call center agents are helpful at this point. I just have to wait. The agent told me that my application was transferred to the New Delhi office for processing my wife's COPR and TRV and has to be transferred back to Canada for further processing. Who knows, every agent gives a different story.

You can call IRCC and check if they have received your webform saying that you are in Canada. Other than that, I don't think there is anything we can do other than wait.
I called Ircc , they only answer is they ask me to wait until I receive any further landing instructions, however in my case the webform information has not yet attached to my file and would ask me to wait . But mentioned that all the eligibility assessments have been passed .
So probably need to wait that it.

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
I called Ircc , they only answer is they ask me to wait until I receive any further landing instructions, however in my case the webform information has not yet attached to my file and would ask me to wait . But mentioned that all the eligibility assessments have been passed .
So probably need to wait that it.
I received portal email today asking to confirm my presence in Canada, provide the address and upload the photo.

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I received portal email today asking to confirm my presence in Canada, provide the address and upload the photo.
Congrats @ArunKK , so is it supposed to be a single portal email or would it be another mail to be expected too?? Also what is your office ?? Did you try to mail them by any mail id?? Because I checked many times but they always say that webform information has not been attached to my file.

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@ArunKK would like to know if they would send any acknowledgment to us with the mails that I have sent with all the details ??
No acknowledgements. This is an unconventional way of getting the portal emails. This works only in some cases but worth trying.

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@ArunKK did anything changed in GC key after your spouse passport got stamped , I still did not receive my spouse passport yet
There won't be any update on GCKey after a dependent's passport is stamped. When was the passport received at IRCC New Delhi? In my case, they received the passport on July 30th and my received the passport back on Aug 13th.

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
There won't be any update on GCKey after a dependent's passport is stamped. When was the passport received at IRCC New Delhi? In my case, they received the passport on July 30th and my received the passport back on Aug 13th.
They received the passport on August 7th for processing in IRCC, after that no update yet

Jul 31, 2023
Hi,

Iam an inland applicant with Outland spouse. I received p1 and p2 Mails as I am in Canada. But my spouse did not receive any passport request. Please help me what should I do.
@ArunKK any suggestions please ?

Last edited:

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@ArunKK I received an email to upload photo , did you follow the specifications same as they asked in the email???
That's awesome, I think your emails sent to different VOs worked! Yes, get the photo from a professional place. When you upload the picture, you may get a message saying photo is too dark or too bright. You may disregard that message, go ahead and upload. At least that is what I did as the photographer told me to do the same. Did your spouse get their passport back?

Last edited:

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
Hi,

Iam an inland applicant with Outland spouse. I received p1 and p2 Mails as I am in Canada. But my spouse did not receive any passport request. Please help me what should I do.
@ArunKK any suggestions please ?
Do you see your spouse as a dependent in your GCKey account? In some cases, they send RFV for dependent first and then virtual landing emails to the PAs and the other way around in some. How long has it been since you received your p2? Have you received your eCOPR? Did you reply to the P1 email saying you are in Canada and your spouse is in India? I would suggest to call the IRCC and enquire on the status of your spouse processing you have already intimated them. You can raise a webform as well, but it takes roughly 15 days for it to be added to your file and some more time for an officer to review. You probably can reply to the P1 email again saying your spouse is in India and requesting to process her part but I suggest to call IRCC first and explain your case. Best case scenario is they might still be processing her part - The application needs to be transferred to the IRCC New Delhi office as the COPR for your spouse will be generated there, and this could be taking time as the case load is high in India. Call at 7:57 am (call center opens at 8am local time - depends on the area code of your phone number, In my case mine is a Manitoba number and I reside in Ontario, I can only reach an agent at 9am as Manitoba is 1hr behind) and let the recorded messages play, but make sure to reach the application status option by 8:00 am. Even a 5 minutes lapse will not get you a call with an agent many times. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
That's awesome, I think your emails sent to different VOs worked! Yes, get the photo from a professional place. When you upload the picture, you may get a message saying photo is too dark or too bright. You may disregard that message, go ahead and upload. At least that is what I did as the photographer told me to do the same. Did your spouse get their passport back?
Yes I went ahead and uploaded the photo , waiting for the ECOPR , and my spouse is yet to receive the passport. I don’t know why it is being so late for the stamping