+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status- CBSA visit. Exclusion order..help!!

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Timeline and update

Feb 2018. Cbsa came to house with warrant
Next day exclusion order issued.

Sponsorship app rec'd April 13 2018
( about 8 months later Prra interview in mississauga. Made to apply for prra)
AOR May 08 2018
Medical request sometime Oct 2018- passed

No correspondence until I called and found out I was approved for SA and should have recieved a letter ( which I did not) and that file was transfered for 2nd time. 1st to BC for workshare then to local office in London. No notifications of that either.

April 23 2019- Letter in mail for interview
May 3 2019- interview

Officer said right away he was satisfied with the app and we were prob called in due to cbsa and warrant

Said he spoke to cbsa who vouched for us and relationship. Told on the spot we were being approved. No need for interview afterall. In and out in 10 mins.

May 4 2019. Pre arrival services letter

Still nothing has changed online

Waiting for security to finish and we will get call for landing. Officer said within next couple weeks for sure

Reason for this post ...hold the faith and be positive. Even with all our red flags ( and I thought there were a few) and our cbsa and prra involvement, we still got through. Also to let u know...dont always count on automated phone line or online accounts. We never got many of the notifications we should've we were told we would. And online still has not updated.
Ps. Even though we fell outside the 12 month processing...we got approval within less than 13 months. By time we finish ..if officer is right, it will be 14 months.
Good luck everyone
Congratulations

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Timeline and update

Feb 2018. Cbsa came to house with warrant
Next day exclusion order issued.

Sponsorship app rec'd April 13 2018
( about 8 months later Prra interview in mississauga. Made to apply for prra)
AOR May 08 2018
Medical request sometime Oct 2018- passed

No correspondence until I called and found out I was approved for SA and should have recieved a letter ( which I did not) and that file was transfered for 2nd time. 1st to BC for workshare then to local office in London. No notifications of that either.

April 23 2019- Letter in mail for interview
May 3 2019- interview

Officer said right away he was satisfied with the app and we were prob called in due to cbsa and warrant

Said he spoke to cbsa who vouched for us and relationship. Told on the spot we were being approved. No need for interview afterall. In and out in 10 mins.

May 4 2019. Pre arrival services letter

Still nothing has changed online

Waiting for security to finish and we will get call for landing. Officer said within next couple weeks for sure

Reason for this post ...hold the faith and be positive. Even with all our red flags ( and I thought there were a few) and our cbsa and prra involvement, we still got through. Also to let u know...dont always count on automated phone line or online accounts. We never got many of the notifications we should've we were told we would. And online still has not updated.
Ps. Even though we fell outside the 12 month processing...we got approval within less than 13 months. By time we finish ..if officer is right, it will be 14 months.
Good luck everyone
Congrats. Looked forward to your outcome, I am glad it went well.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hi David,
May I ask about your situation now? I was failed refugee claimant and applying for PR by family sponsorship. April 2018 applicant and got SA so far. I received the removal order last 2 weeks and came for an interview. The officer told me to apply to PRRA but I'm no sure about that. What happen if I dont apply for it do you know?
Sounds very much like our situation. We did apply for prra and it ended up being put on hold while sponsorship was processing. Just got work on May 3rd at an interview that we will be approved. Good luck to u

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Sorry I scared you. Everything I said about the cbsa officer we spoke to during the prra process was true. However, a Month later when my husband did his monthly sign in back in our home city ( the other officer was in mississauga, we are in london) he asked about it and was told his prra app was on hold. So she didnt know what she was talking about. April 23rd we got a letter in the mail telling Us we need to go for an interview May 3rd. We went terrified. When we got there the officer said he decided not to go through the interview. He was satisfied with our relationship and that he spoke with cbsa who vouched we were abiding and doing all the right things. And that they can vouch they have seen us together at his monthly sign ins. The officer said he was gonna approve the app. We just have to wait for security to finish and they will call us for landing. He said we should be done before his next sign in appt June 6th. I couldn't believe it. No questions asked. Super nice officer. We were in and out in 10 minutes.

Also do not rely on phone system or online for notifications or updates.

I never did get any notification on SA. Any info at all I ever got for anything past medical was only by me calling in. Even up till the day of Interview, online only said we do not need one. Same day after interview it changed to we completed it. We are still showing they are processing eligibility and background even tho the officer said he was passing that. We did get online letter for pre arrival services the next day after interview but that is all. No SA. No notification of file transfer or recieved date. No online changes except we completed interview. Even before it said we needed one.
I think the reason why you never got any aor or sa approval is because its something that they email you.
I see they mailed you the interview letter, did u mean mail is in post mail?

Our interview letter was emailed to us.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
I think the reason why you never got any aor or sa approval is because its something that they email you.
I see they mailed you the interview letter, did u mean mail is in post mail?

Our interview letter was emailed to us.
I got AOR as the sponsor via email. I DId not get SA at all. When I spoke to the call center they told me I was approved and that a letter was sent by postal mail and even told me the date it was sent. Never recieved an email or postal letter. Was also told by call center I would receive a letter about file transfer. Did not
Then they said I was notified of local office receiving file Feb 5
Did not receive nothing about that either. The only email we recieved besides AOR and Medicals was the pre arrival services letter we JUST recieved

And yes we did get the interview letter via postal mail

Last edited:

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I got AOR as the sponsor via email. I DId not get SA at all. When I spoke to the call center they told me I was approved and that a letter was sent by postal mail and even told me the date it was sent. Never recieved an email or postal letter. Was also told by call center I would receive a letter about file transfer. Did not
Then they said I was notified of local office receiving file Feb 5
Did not receive nothing about that either. The only email we recieved besides AOR and Medicals was the pre arrival services letter we JUST recieved

And yes we did get the interview letter via postal mail
When we did our application we made sure to select to have correspondence only via email. I was afraid of letters getting lost via post mail

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
When we did our application we made sure to select to have correspondence only via email. I was afraid of letters getting lost via post mail
I did also and got AOR and medical request via email. Also the pre arrival services letter. Not sure why they say they mailed the SA. But my main point was nothing was updated on online accounts either past medical. Not even that we needed interview. That one only changed to we completed interview after we had it but until then it always said we didnt need one. We passed Eligibility and that hasnt changed either

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I did also and got AOR and medical request via email. Also the pre arrival services letter. Not sure why they say they mailed the SA. But my main point was nothing was updated on online accounts either past medical. Not even that we needed interview. That one only changed to we completed interview after we had it but until then it always said we didnt need one. We passed Eligibility and that hasnt changed either
They rarely update anything online, mine said no interviews as well but it did say that could change at any moment. You have to specify on the app form that you want all comm by email otherwise it may be mailed instead.

The only thing i saw updated was how he had passed his medicals and the AOR’s on the website
Anything was updated after we were approved

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
They rarely update anything online, mine said no interviews as well but it did say that could change at any moment. You have to specify on the app form that you want all comm by email otherwise it may be mailed instead.

The only thing i saw updated was how he had passed his medicals and the AOR’s on the website
Anything was updated after we were approved
We did choose to have all communications through email. I guess it all depends on the situation and who's handling the files. Ours was transfered twice. And the officer we met with at our interview told us he personally picked our app out of a pile of apps he wanted to get out of the way that he thought he could get dealt with quickly. He told us on the spot he was approving it. Still nothing updated. So maybe just depends on officer. And maybe cuz he told us face to face hes not bothering . I dunno lol. But I've seen a lot of others also say sometimes they didnt get any updates either until DM. Doesnt matter to me either way cuz I know we almost finished now. Just was putting it out there to others who worry about no updates

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Quick question, for those who had removal orders issued but eventually landed.What is the answer you gave at the landing interview where they ask if you have ever been ordered to leave Canada.

Sunny@dawn

Feb 19, 2019
I had a removal order but was granted AIP 5 days before the scheduled date to show up at cbsa with depo tickets!
I finally had my landing on June 7th and i can't describe how elated i am.
I am so grateful to God and to those who shared their experiences on this forum.
To others still waiting, don't give up. Be patient and stay positive .

Reactions: Kashcal and Mbm92

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Any updates on your application?
No updates, we have not heard anything from CIC/immigration for over 3 months. We sent background check to Mexico and work permit as well in Canada in March, still waiting for the results. Hoping this process gets completed soon.