+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status- CBSA visit. Exclusion order..help!!

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
What's your office again?
Hi David,
May I ask about your situation now? I was failed refugee claimant and applying for PR by family sponsorship. April 2018 applicant and got SA so far. I received the removal order last 2 weeks and came for an interview. The officer told me to apply to PRRA but I'm no sure about that. What happen if I dont apply for it do you know?

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi David,
May I ask about your situation now? I was failed refugee claimant and applying for PR by family sponsorship. April 2018 applicant and got SA so far. I received the removal order last 2 weeks and came for an interview. The officer told me to apply to PRRA but I'm no sure about that. What happen if I dont apply for it do you know?
Hello @Goforhope I applied in July 2017, got a call from CBSA in February 2018, I was also offered PRRA but I waived it a week after, in my case, nothing has happened, I am still waiting for a response from IRCC, so far we only got SA, I sign in CBSA once a week.

The reason I didn't apply for PRRA is because I have no evidence and I really didn't want to waste anytime with other applications, we already had our application in place, so we decided to wait and see what happens.

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello @Goforhope I applied in July 2017, got a call from CBSA in February 2018, I was also offered PRRA but I waived it a week after, in my case, nothing has happened, I am still waiting for a response from IRCC, so far we only got SA, I sign in CBSA once a week.

The reason I didn't apply for PRRA is because I have no evidence and I really didn't want to waste anytime with other applications, we already had our application in place, so we decided to wait and see what happens.
But based on what you think you can stay here until the decision has been made? If you not apply for PRRA, the removal order will be in effect and you have to leave. I'm really confusing now because I have nothing to apply for PRRA except my application is in process. If apply for PRRA, even though you dont have anything but it still can buy you few more months, am I correct?

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
But based on what you think you can stay here until the decision has been made? If you not apply for PRRA, the removal order will be in effect and you have to leave. I'm really confusing now because I have nothing to apply for PRRA except my application is in process. If apply for PRRA, even though you dont have anything but it still can buy you few more months, am I correct?
As I mentioned, that's my particular case. Have you heard about an Administrative deferral of removal?, basically, they are supposed to wait until IRCC have a decision on the application, if it's a negative outcome, then they'll proceed to remove the PA . I have an exclusion order in place, which they gave me the first day I went to CBSA, thankfully I am still here, it's been over a year.

Yes, that's what I've read in other threads, that it might help you buy some months, but I have no idea if it's true or false. For me PRRA looked as a waste of time and another hassle, that's why I waived it.

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
As I mentioned, that's my particular case. Have you heard about an Administrative deferral of removal?, basically, they are supposed to wait until IRCC have a decision on the application, if it's a negative outcome, then they'll proceed to remove the PA . I have an exclusion order in place, which they gave me the first day I went to CBSA, thankfully I am still here, it's been over a year.

Yes, that's what I've read in other threads, that it might help you buy some months, but I have no idea if it's true or false. For me PRRA looked as a waste of time and another hassle, that's why I waived it.
I hear about Administrative deferral of removal but when I spoke with the officer at the interview last week, he said it's only for 60 days and after 60 days I cannot apply for PRRA if my sponsor application has not been done yet. That's why I'm confusing about what should I do now.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I hear about Administrative deferral of removal but when I spoke with the officer at the interview last week, he said it's only for 60 days and after 60 days I cannot apply for PRRA if my sponsor application has not been done yet. That's why I'm confusing about what should I do now.
I would say do what you feel like doing, do you want to apply for PRRA do it. I didn't have any evidence so I didn't want to waste time. If you have evidence and can proof the risks of being sent back home, go for it. As I said I am still here waiting for a response, but this is my case. Good luck.

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Application Received : 11 Dec 2018
AOR : Feb 9 2019
MR : Feb 19 2019
Medical done : 22 Feb 2019
Medical Passed : Mar 4 2019
AIP- March 6th 2019
Police Certificate Req - March 6 2019

I cant believe I am saying this but we got APPROVED IN PRINCIPLE. it hasn't even been 3 months yet since our app was received.

Based on my personal case, my spouse is out of status and he was reporting monthly to CBSA. however I hope this post gives people hope, we are in shock we received a good decision.

Good luck folks!!!
Did you request from the immigration to expedite your application or what?!! How did this happen lol. I’m reporting every month and now I have to apply for the PRRA.

Anyway good luck :)

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Did you request from the immigration to expedite your application or what?!! How did this happen lol. I’m reporting every month and now I have to apply for the PRRA.

You cannot expedite your application. You have to wait like everyone else.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

No there is no such request to expedite haha. we belive that officer who read out PRRA application called our sponsorship application officer , and this is how it all happened so quickly.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Update:

Our lawyer recommend we got the CBSA reporting center to see if they will return my spouses passport back to us.

The reason we went to get passport is because our app is moving along so quick, we need renew my spouse passport ASAP, as CBSA seized an expired passport from my spouse.

Once we get the landing interview we need to have a valid passport.

CBSA told us no, and that IRCC will internally request passport. This is frustrating for us. Because its only going to extended the process.

CBSA mandate is not provide Immigration I get it, but my spouse is from mexico and the passport process is long and takes much time.

Good news is my spouse Is no longer reporting monthly with them, we are reporting only bi monthly now.
my hubbys passport is expired as well. we are going to take this route as soon as we get AIP
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-seized-and-expired.590088/
hope it helps

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
An update;
My PA did not get that mentioned letter of exception. However,cicc mailed his expired passport for renewal.

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
An update;
My PA did not get that mentioned letter of exception. However,cicc mailed his expired passport for renewal.
How long did this take, and how did you request it from cic

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Super frustrating!! yeh the CBSA officer told us hopefully with PRRA this gives you time with processing. After hearing your story im not confident :( .

Our in land was just sent in Dec, and we don't even have a AOR yet let alone medical or anything else.

I really hope things work out for you.
Sorry I scared you. Everything I said about the cbsa officer we spoke to during the prra process was true. However, a Month later when my husband did his monthly sign in back in our home city ( the other officer was in mississauga, we are in london) he asked about it and was told his prra app was on hold. So she didnt know what she was talking about. April 23rd we got a letter in the mail telling Us we need to go for an interview May 3rd. We went terrified. When we got there the officer said he decided not to go through the interview. He was satisfied with our relationship and that he spoke with cbsa who vouched we were abiding and doing all the right things. And that they can vouch they have seen us together at his monthly sign ins. The officer said he was gonna approve the app. We just have to wait for security to finish and they will call us for landing. He said we should be done before his next sign in appt June 6th. I couldn't believe it. No questions asked. Super nice officer. We were in and out in 10 minutes.

Also do not rely on phone system or online for notifications or updates.

I never did get any notification on SA. Any info at all I ever got for anything past medical was only by me calling in. Even up till the day of Interview, online only said we do not need one. Same day after interview it changed to we completed it. We are still showing they are processing eligibility and background even tho the officer said he was passing that. We did get online letter for pre arrival services the next day after interview but that is all. No SA. No notification of file transfer or recieved date. No online changes except we completed interview. Even before it said we needed one.

Last edited:
Reactions: k.h.p.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Timeline and update

Feb 2018. Cbsa came to house with warrant
Next day exclusion order issued.

Sponsorship app rec'd April 13 2018
( about 8 months later Prra interview in mississauga. Made to apply for prra)
AOR May 08 2018
Medical request sometime Oct 2018- passed

No correspondence until I called and found out I was approved for SA and should have recieved a letter ( which I did not) and that file was transfered for 2nd time. 1st to BC for workshare then to local office in London. No notifications of that either.

April 23 2019- Letter in mail for interview
May 3 2019- interview

Officer said right away he was satisfied with the app and we were prob called in due to cbsa and warrant

Said he spoke to cbsa who vouched for us and relationship. Told on the spot we were being approved. No need for interview afterall. In and out in 10 mins.

May 4 2019. Pre arrival services letter

Still nothing has changed online

Waiting for security to finish and we will get call for landing. Officer said within next couple weeks for sure

Reason for this post ...hold the faith and be positive. Even with all our red flags ( and I thought there were a few) and our cbsa and prra involvement, we still got through. Also to let u know...dont always count on automated phone line or online accounts. We never got many of the notifications we should've we were told we would. And online still has not updated.
Ps. Even though we fell outside the 12 month processing...we got approval within less than 13 months. By time we finish ..if officer is right, it will be 14 months.
Good luck everyone