+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status- CBSA visit. Exclusion order..help!!

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Application Received : 11 Dec 2018
AOR : Feb 9 2019
MR : Feb 19 2019
Medical done : 22 Feb 2019
Medical Passed : Mar 4 2019
AIP- March 6th 2019
Police Certificate Req - March 6 2019

I cant believe I am saying this but we got APPROVED IN PRINCIPLE. it hasn't even been 3 months yet since our app was received.

Based on my personal case, my spouse is out of status and he was reporting monthly to CBSA. however I hope this post gives people hope, we are in shock we received a good decision.

Good luck folks!!!
Wow, congratulations. Reading your story made me happy and has given me a lot of hope. Been out of status for a while before I met and married my wife. I pray and hope I get your kind of response too. Congrats once again.

Reactions: Canadianguy1989

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
I'm wondering if someone can answer my question: does having a deportation order make the person inadmissible to Canada for life or it bring carried out and the person being physically removed from Canada make them inadmissible?

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Another update folks!!

We received communication from IRCC/CBSA/CIC
that removal order issued has been deferred pending outcome of final descion of permanent residency/sponsorship!!

Even with AIP, there's always a risk for removal if your out of status and issued a removal order.

So happy!

Application Received : 11 Dec 2018
AOR : Feb 9 2019
MR : Feb 19 2019
Medical done : 22 Feb 2019
Medical Passed : Mar 4 2019
AIP- March 6th 2019
Police Certificate Req - March 6 2019

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Good evening Folks,

I need some help.

Since my spouse got AIP, we are allowed to now apply for OWP.

However we tried online and it’s very confusing.
Since he’s out of status, but we have AIP we know we can apply, but online we are having trouble.

Does anyone have experience applying for owp when out of status but with AIP?

We are trying to find any step by step guide.

Thank you kindly ❤

Reactions: ForeverYou

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Does anyone know if the PRRA form IMM 5508 is available online. I can't find it.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
I'm wondering if someone can answer my question: does having a deportation order make the person inadmissible to Canada for life or it bring carried out and the person being physically removed from Canada make them inadmissible?
With a Deportation Order, you are permanently barred from returning to Canada and cannot return unless you apply for an ARC.
  • If the CBSA paid for your removal from Canada, you must also repay that cost before you are eligible to return.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/rem-ren-eng.html

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Yes we got AIP email. they now want us to send them the Police cert from mexico that's it for now!
I know!!! I apply for the police certificate on Jan 27, and they got it the next day. The embassy said that they send it to the PGR Feb 22 now maybe wait a other month, normally for all the post that I road takes arround 2 to 3 months

Last edited:

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
I don't know what you're asking here. Your original question is answered by the information on their website.
I went through the links you provided but it doesn't clarify what I'm trying to figure out.

Situation 1: if there is a deportation order issued in a person's name and they're removed from the country, this makes them inadmissible for life unless they apply for ARC.

Situation 2: if there's a deportation order in effect but it is not carried out (the person remains in the country and signs monthly at the CBSA) and they apply for permanent residence via inland spousal application, does this mean they're still inadmissible for life and the application has higher chances of rejection due to the deportarion order?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
I went through the links you provided but it doesn't clarify what I'm trying to figure out.

Situation 1: if there is a deportation order issued in a person's name and they're removed from the country, this makes them inadmissible for life unless they apply for ARC.

Situation 2: if there's a deportation order in effect but it is not carried out (the person remains in the country and signs monthly at the CBSA) and they apply for permanent residence via inland spousal application, does this mean they're still inadmissible for life and the application has higher chances of rejection due to the deportarion order?
Here's the policy link https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Page 21 - read the contents as policies change and this is what is online currently. You can Google Administrative Deferral of Removal and see what comes up.

Reactions: bushra1122

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Update:

Our lawyer recommend we got the CBSA reporting center to see if they will return my spouses passport back to us.

The reason we went to get passport is because our app is moving along so quick, we need renew my spouse passport ASAP, as CBSA seized an expired passport from my spouse.

Once we get the landing interview we need to have a valid passport.

CBSA told us no, and that IRCC will internally request passport. This is frustrating for us. Because its only going to extended the process.

CBSA mandate is not provide Immigration I get it, but my spouse is from mexico and the passport process is long and takes much time.

Good news is my spouse Is no longer reporting monthly with them, we are reporting only bi monthly now.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
I am just so glad we have received our landing letter scheduled for March 21@ Etobicoke office. Those who are still hanging in there, i wish you very best and you may get your file approved soon too. I do understand the frustration and anxiety but trust god, its gonna be over soon. Stay calm and positive which is harder than said for sure. Good luck everyone. :)

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Update:

Our lawyer recommend we got the CBSA reporting center to see if they will return my spouses passport back to us.

The reason we went to get passport is because our app is moving along so quick, we need renew my spouse passport ASAP, as CBSA seized an expired passport from my spouse.

Once we get the landing interview we need to have a valid passport.

CBSA told us no, and that IRCC will internally request passport. This is frustrating for us. Because its only going to extended the process.

CBSA mandate is not provide Immigration I get it, but my spouse is from mexico and the passport process is long and takes much time.

Good news is my spouse Is no longer reporting monthly with them, we are reporting only bi monthly now.
Dont panick about the passport.I am exactly like you,they have my spouse passport and its expired.Thcbsa is not allowed to issue back passports to us until immigration writes saying that they have finalized your app and they need the passport for landing.In cases where the identity of the person is not in question you can land without the passport(cic officers are supposed to use discretion)and waive the passport requirements in some circumstances.if however the officer insists he want the passport he will then write to cbsa who will release it to that cicofficer.Then that officer will mail it to you for renewal.I a.hang in there.i hope this helps.in our case we have received Sa already so once Aip comes in for l sure we will b faced with that passport issue.how far along is your app?

Reactions: Canadianguy1989