+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
No nothing here either. And we have the added issue of being offered full asking price for our house, BUT our buyers want to move in early September !!!!!! What to do?

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
could you rent something for the last (hopefully few) months? We've been renting for 5 years (it was supposed to be two, but processing times being what you know :p) Hope it works out for you!

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Unfortunately, our situation is not that simple...we have 6 dogs to consider and there isn't anyone who will let us rent with that many dogs, and kennels over a longer period of time are prohibitively expensive. Also what about if CPP-O refuse our application, and then we are homeless?!?!?!

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see what you mean... We have 3 cats, and finding a place to rent was not that easy. What we ended up doing is accepting to pay a higher deposit and increase the rent a little. Something you could always offer to do... If you find someone that said yes to say 2 dogs, ask them how about 6. That's what we did anyway!
But yeah, what if... (I can't even finish the sentence)... Hopefully we'll all know soon!
Not owning your house makes this kind of situation so much easier!
Good luck!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Psychosibes, you are lucky that you are getting asked price for your property in the present economic turmoil. i wou!d personally keep the property untill i get ppr and you have so many dogs to consider as well. Guys what is your online status now? is it still blank? edupolo is going for meds tomorrow, i was wondering who issued medical letter, would that be from ottawa or london?

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Thanks guys, my feeling is that we dont make any decision until we get med request. At least that is a conditional 'yes'. After that we are prepared to take the risk, put dogs into kennels and maybe rent for 6-8 weeks. We'll see...
Keeping fingers crossed for all of us, we all deserve that elusive ppr.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey!
Just a few questions...what does ppr stand for (sorry we're really bad with acronyms..) and psychosibes you speak about kennels and renting for 6-8 weeks?! Does that mean that's the time you assume it'll take between the med checks and the actual moving (including finalising immigration and obtaining visa?). Not sure how long it takes after the med checks, but that'd be great! Whenever we speak of the near future, we always count in months and assume it'll be another 4 to 5 months...so why 6-8 weeks? :)
thank you!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
hi M+JM, ppr is passport request. Guys just to update you that my online status has also been disappeared today, i was worried and had nightmares that everyone's was changed and mine was in process. Not sure what it indicates but atleast in a same boat as you guys.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,
We had our medicals today in London. They went well and thought I would share how it was, at least in my experience.
By the way, the letters were issued from Ottawa but sent from London because they attach the pictures you sent to the letter.

We first walked into reception and they asked for our passport, the forms sent by Immigration (which is section A of medical document) and the two pictures for each applicant. Then, the receptionist gave us section B, C, D, and E of the medical form and told us what to fill out, which is not much, the rest is filled out by doctors afterwards.

After that, we were taken for Urine test, then X-rays. Then we anwered some questions about our general health nothing too specific really. After that, the doctor asked to undress down to underwear and took my weight and height, then check joints by just flexing them, then felt neck, chest and stomach (I guess for lymph nodes), and also the achilles tendon (have no idea why). Then eyes and ears and mouth with a torch. Finally, he took blood pressure, and finally one blood sample for AIDS and Syphillis.

The whole thing, excluding the waiting times, took 20 minutes only. I was told that the results will be with the embassy by Friday. I now hope that everything is fine with blood (you never know) and that we do not have to wait too long for passport request.
Hope this helps and hope you guys get your request for medicals very soon.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info! 20 minutes...and I was dreading hours and hours of tests!
Congrats and keep us informed - we're counting on you to lead the way!

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Nothing here either, which is very frustrating... :'(
Has anyone dared email CPP-O to ask the meaning of our status disappearing?

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waiting too. Timeline is now edupolo+2 weeks or e+2 for short ;)