27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,
My status is still blank. Just wondering now if there is anyone out there who is at the same stage as I am.
I guess passport request could take up to three months or so when looking at other cases on trackitt.
Any news for any of you?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
there is no update from us as such, our online status has been blank from last couple of months so i was wondering if urs is still same. Anyways best of luck with your ppr.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there! Just a thought after reading some bad news on the following thread that says that the background check is only started after the med check is cleared and that it can take between 90-120 days (for the simple one) or 180days-12 months (for an in-depth one)!!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t49632.0.html

Did anyone think about doing the med check before they get their request? Could this speed up the process, even just a little, so that when they have cleared everything else, they don't have to ask for the medicals and can start the background checks straight away?

Just an idea... I think we might try doing that, we just can't stand waiting for the postman every single day :mad:

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Ok, that is just too much information to absorb :(

My brain is just gonna go into meltdown...see you all in the funny farm!

M+JM, if you do try that route let us know how you get on.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
I can understand the frustation there. Background checks are suppose to be done before medicals and once they are done that's when you get meds. We can't go for meds untill we receive brown envelope giving us go ahead. Med letter will state eveything for us and for DMP so even if we try and do meds ourselves, it'll be classed as normal med and not the one for CHC.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I'm not sure about that...I remember reading that if you decide to undergo med check before asked to do so, you are doing it at your own risks (they will not give you a refund if the application is unsuccessful), but I'm almost sure you can still go for med check before (as long as you land in the 12 months after med check which is only valid for a year.).
We'll do some more research, make sure it is possible (it should be, if the first form is downloadable and the others are given by the DMP). Anyway, we'll let you know:)

No wait! I remember that the forms are not dowloadable, but you can ask them to sent them to you. Again, I'll double-check this and let you know...

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
There is something here that doesn't seem right. If they don't start processing the paperwork until after med checks have cleared and the processing then takes up to 12 months, then the meds will have expired, wont they? But I thought you had 12 months to land from the date of you medical?
I cant find the specific reference at the moment, but i had a communication that our application would be finalised by 11 Feb 2011?
Am I confused? :-\

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's correct psychosibes, the AOR we got after submitting our docs said "in 10 months", so that's Feb 2011.
After researching a bit, it seems that 3 months is the norm after the meds, and yes you have 12 months to land from the time of the medicals... Hope they process all that quickly!

mahesh_can

Aug 30, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa Case Pilot (London)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2007
Doc's Request.
26-08-2010
Med's Request
01-11-2010
Med's Done....
05-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2011
LANDED..........
29-07-2011
Hi guys - I am new here.

As asked by the London office (through our agent in Dubai) we had submitted all docs (including IELTS, Police Clearance Certificates, proof of funds etc) before the 17DEC09 deadline, through our agent. In Feb 2010, we recd a letter with the information that the file has been shifted to the Ottawa Case Pilot Office. We were subsequently assured by our agent that the file with all documents saw its way to Ottawa.

Last week (26AUG10), we received the following letter from Ottawa:
===
This is in reference to your application to go to Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø A newly completed Application for Permanent Residence form (IMM008) for yourself
Ø A newly completed Schedule 1 Background Declaration form for yourself and Spouse/Common-law partner.
Ø A newly completed Schedule 3 Economic Classes Federal Skilled Workers form for yourself
Ø Proof of funds

All forms must be signed and dated. Incomplete forms will result in a delay in the processing of your application. For all requested forms, questions must be answered in full. Details must be provided for every month/year since the age of 18. Do not leave any gaps or blanks. Write 'NONE' in the box if the question is not applicable to you.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada

===

We had already submitted all the above 4 documents 8 months ago; we presume that Ottawa now wants updated information only, since the letter specifies that "newly completed" docs need to be submitted.

Has anybody here received a similar letter from Ottawa? If so, does anybody have an idea of how long the rest of the process will take from this stage? Will we be asked to submit Police Clearance and IELTS all over again (as they are now, a year old).

Thanks

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mahesh_can and welcome to the waiting room :)

I would strongly recommend you contact CPPO directly and explain your situation, to make sure if they have been given the original documents you submitted in December. From the letter it does look like all they need is updated forms, but it would be good to make sure they have everything now rather than find out in 6 months... Ask them about IELTS and Police too.
CPPO has been quick at replying to everyone here, so they should be able to help.

mahesh_can

Aug 30, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa Case Pilot (London)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2007
Doc's Request.
26-08-2010
Med's Request
01-11-2010
Med's Done....
05-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2011
LANDED..........
29-07-2011
Thanks M+JM for the welcome note and prompt advice! Will email CPPO directly as advised by you.

Cheers and regards, Mahesh

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
M+JM said:
Hi there! Just a thought after reading some bad news on the following thread that says that the background check is only started after the med check is cleared and that it can take between 90-120 days (for the simple one) or 180days-12 months (for an in-depth one)!!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t49632.0.html

Did anyone think about doing the med check before they get their request? Could this speed up the process, even just a little, so that when they have cleared everything else, they don't have to ask for the medicals and can start the background checks straight away?

Just an idea... I think we might try doing that, we just can't stand waiting for the postman every single day :mad:
Hi all, with reference to the above. A case that I have been following on Trackitt.com has just had their application rejected based on their paperwork. They did not get any request for meds beforehand. Better news ?!?!

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,
So was the case rejected before medicals were requested?
I wonder what are the chances to be rejected due to paperwork if your medicals have been requested. I assume they would not make you go thru medicals if they had any issues with the documents we went.
It has been one month since I sent my medicals so waiting to see when they are going to request our passports, although it looks like it takes quite a bit since these are sent to London and they are not the fastest at anything.
Any more news on your side? do you guys really think that our cases will be finalised by February 2011 as stated in our initial letters.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
By the way, I just read on a different thread that there may not be any more movements in terms of passport requests at least until Dec or Jan because the quota for 2010 has been reached and they do not want to risk anyone landing in Canada in 2010. I dont know what this may mean for medical requests. I doubt it will mean much since it would be impossible to finalise a case within the next 4 months.
I guess it is a bit of bad news for me.