+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
M+JM said:
Got med request letter!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It was sent on 1st September. Guess it took a little longer to reach the Scottish north coast ::)
As soon as we had the letter we jumped on the phone. We'd already saved the list of designated doctors in our area, so we quickly phoned them all to ask how soon they could have us for a double appointment. We got one in Glasgow (still 8 hours from our home, but it's the closest!!) that could take us on Friday 10...
So just 2 hours after the letter reached our hands, we had an appointment, train tickets, a hotel and new ID photos for the meds. When you've been waiting for months and they finally give you the chance to act, you don't want to waste a single minute! :p

We'll let you know how it goes. Hope for everyone this means CPPO is looking at all our files and you get your med req soon!
That's quick of you but 8 hours travel to your DMP and that's the closest one, that's not in Germany, is it? Where abouts do you live? It was 7 hours drive when i drove last time from London to Edinburgh. :eek:

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, if look at a map of Scotland, look at the far far far north..we're there! With no car, this little adventure means long and really slow train journeys there and back, but hey, we chose to live here :)! Even our families don't believe us when we say that the closest cinema is 2hrs and a half by car from our place! That's how lost we are...so even Canada's lonliest places will almost feel like cities to us
Anyway, now you know why we're so eager to leave ;)

rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats mjm!!
hope to hear more updates from you guys..

ramuk

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hai m+jm
congrats for your medicals , wish u all the best.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Thats great!!! it feels good not to be the only one any more... I felt a bit like an outcast in this thread ;-)

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Thanks for the message ahmadtajwer.
I am still here !!!! I seem to have stopped receiving notifications.
Anyway, congratulations to M+JM for your med request. Your place in Scotland sounds ideal, thats just the sort isolation we are looking for in Canada! Maybe we dont need to move abroad after all! (Why did I think you were French!?!?!?!?!)
We still haven't heard anything, but then I did used to work for the Police back in the mid 90's, so maybe I have to undergo some extra checks.
We are still checking the post every day. Fingers crossed.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone!
(before I start: yes psychosibes, we ARE French, we just wanted to come and live in Scotland, never dreamed we'd end up on the north coast though!)

So...

Medicals were a breeze. Found a great doctor in Glasgow: we can recommend Dr Bryden, who was ready to take us as soon as we wanted (letter Tuesday, meds Friday, beat that!!). They're litterally seconds from Glasgow Queen Street train station. The X-rays were done at another local health centre, approx 30 minutes from the practice (train, taxi etc).

X rays took 1 minute each, she had a very quick look and said "it's fine", which I guess means it was printed OK and ready to send to the Doctor.

Back at the practice, forms were filled in 5 minutes then she took us in as soon as we were done. Blood sample, urine sample (just don't go to the toilet before the appointment, I almost missed my train back home :D), read the questions from the form, checked blood pressure, height and weight, vision, legs and arms just as edupolo has described previously, except we didn't have to undress ::)... She was really friendly and it was done in 20 minutes really for the 2 of us (she took us together, no nasty cross-examination like I've read in some posts).

Blood was sent (results in about 1 week, she'll phone if there's anything wrong), urine was checked on the spot. She'll check the X-rays as soon as she gets them (couple of days). Then if there's nothing wrong she'll just forward everything to London.
She explained that even though it's London she's sending it to, the results will be put in the system and will be available to CPPO, so no fear of delays sending anything to Ottawa!
We were actually the first CPPOs she'd ever seen, and she seemed to find it extremely interesting. Apparently she's noticed a drop in Canada applicants visiting her practice in the last few weeks. I'll let you speculate...

Oh, and she kept referring to us as "Canadians", which made us feel great ;D

Total cost for the 2 of us was £355 for the tests and blood tests, and £160 for the X-rays, so it was less than what we had expected!!

Now we'll wait for the results, I.e. the PPR :p

Ok, so who's next? Next time you sit by the window and spy the postie, you're looking for a beige recycled (regular size) enveloppe!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Guys, another applicant who is from Oman and applied through London (as London deals with Middle east cases), and was transferred to Ottawa has also received medical request. I think it's Medical requests season for Ottawa applicants so watch out the space.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medicals-requested-what-next-t53069.0.html

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
has anyone else received medicals request?
still waiting for passport request here (1 month 19 days now since medicals got to them)
However, ECAS status is still blank, does anyone have anything to share regarding this ECAS status situation?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hi Edupolo, hope that you get your PPR soon. I think as you have sent your medicals to London, so it could be a while before you get ur PPR as you know about CHC London :-[ Regarding Ecas status, that is blank for all Ottawa applicants as Ecas is been dealt by Ottawa office and it's a new office so probably they are not following the Ecas messages. All the Ottawa applicants who have sent their docs or who have received medicals, their status is still blank which means "In Process". You won't get any information from your Ecas status.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello all,
Any news on any more medicals? is it just M+MJ and I still?

I got an email from Ottawa today asking me if I received my medical request on 13 July. It puzzled me because as you know, I did and also got confirmation from my doctor that the London office received it. Obviously not much communication between both offices. I sent an email to tell them about it and asked them for an email explaining the outcome, so I will have to wait.

The good thing is that at least i know that they look at these things, the bad thing is that it has been 45 days and noone has done anything about my medicals.

Lets see what happens next. I really have the feeling that I have become the guinea pig of this Ottawa project.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
That's rather strange, no wonder you haven't received anything back from CHC London. Hmmmm it could be either CHC London or probably ur DMP, who knows ? Good job that you have emailed them asking for response.