+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP/OINP nominated and ITA/AoR received - Let us connect here for further step

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
StAnger said:
As far as i recall, it shouldnt be more than 3 months old. I may be wrong. Can you check cic website.
No. CIC has changed this requirement long back. Now, PCC that was issued with the past 6 months is acceptable. For foreign PCC, the PCC is valid if the it was issued during or after your last visit to that country.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
manchandapulkit said:
Hi StAnger
2173 requires licensing. hence would be a struggle to find job later. moreover my duties match 2174 not 2173 So cic can also object if i proceed with 2173. I think i should contact 2OINP.
Have you received AOR?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
manchandapulkit said:
Hi,
I created my profile with noc 2173 going by my job title which is Software engineer but later i found that going through job duties i fall into 2174-computer programmers; so i edited my application and applied for OINP nomination with NOC code 2174- computer programmers.
But now i have received the nomination confirmation letter with NOC 2173.
I have received the ITA and have to proceed my application with NOC 2174. what should i do??
Please help.
You can still change it in the e-APR. We have a similar concern. Actually, in my case, the e-APR carried over my original 2174 EE profile and none of the edits I made since, so the pre-filled form had my primary NOC as 2174 even if I changed it to 2173 a few months later. I got the OINP certificate as 2173, so I was able to update the primary NOC in the e-APR to 2173 before submitting.

Also, you don't have to strictly get a job as 2173 when you land, and not all jobs encompassing 2173 require a license in Ontario.

manchandapulkit

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
bellaluna said:
You can still change it in the e-APR. We have a similar concern. Actually, in my case, the e-APR carried over my original 2174 EE profile and none of the edits I made since, so the pre-filled form had my primary NOC as 2174 even if I changed it to 2173 a few months later. I got the OINP certificate as 2173, so I was able to update the primary NOC in the e-APR to 2173 before submitting.

Also, you don't have to strictly get a job as 2173 when you land, and not all jobs encompassing 2173 require a license in Ontario.
Hi bellaluna,
My job duties are related to 2174.
and oinp certificate shows 2173.

the dilemma is what should i continue my ee profile with.
if i go with 2174 they may object that my nomination is for 2173.
if i go for 2173 they may object that my job duties are related to 2174.

and in your case can u tell me what was your NOC in EE profile at the time you got nomination? and NOC you filled in OINP app?

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi,

I have received PNP letter from Ontario. I have 420 points in EE and 75 points as per Ontario PNP program. Have also sent required docs as per Ontario guideline book by way of courier.

My question is : Is there a way to apply online once PNP letter is received from Ontario? As in my case there was no option to apply online bu the docs had to be sent along with fees of Rs. 550/ CAD to Ontario Office.

Please guide.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
manchandapulkit said:
Hi bellaluna,

and in your case can u tell me what was your NOC in EE profile at the time you got nomination? and NOC you filled in OINP app?
Well, to sum it up....

It is very unlikely that Ontario will change your NOC in the nomination certificate. Your current NOC as per the certificate is 2173.

Ontario has nominated you because they felt that your roles and responsibilities match 2173. Otherwise, they would have rejected your application. So, the logical inference here is your roles DO MATCH NOC 2173. Which means if you apply to CIC with 2173 NOC, there is very good chance that your application will be APPROVED because Ontario has nominated you with 2173. It is unlikely for you to be rejected by CIC because of your NOC.

On the other hand, if you change the NOC and submit the application to CIC, as obvious as it sounds, there is a significant chance for your application to get rejected because the NOC s are different.

So, think twice before making a decision.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
greysky1866 said:
Hi,

I have received PNP letter from Ontario. I have 420 points in EE and 75 points as per Ontario PNP program. Have also sent required docs as per Ontario guideline book by way of courier.

My question is : Is there a way to apply online once PNP letter is received from Ontario? As in my case there was no option to apply online bu the docs had to be sent along with fees of Rs. 550/ CAD to Ontario Office.

Please guide.
There is no option to apply online. You must send the hard copies to address given in the application guide.

Moreover, the fee isn't Rs.550. It is CAD 1500 (Canadian Dollars) which sums to around Rs.75,000. You can take a DD for 1500 CAD payable to "Ontario Minister of Finance".

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posted this on the other thread also... i am not sure if this wud help but on my nomination cert, my NOC is for my current occupation while the primary occupation on my EE profile is for my previous work. I did not make any changes on my EE profile as i got my pt notification based on that. Not sure if i did the right thing but just showing a case where NOC in cert and primary occupation in EE does not match..

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manchandapulkit said:
Hi StAnger
2173 requires licensing. hence would be a struggle to find job later. moreover my duties match 2174 not 2173 So cic can also object if i proceed with 2173. I think i should contact 2OINP.
Once you land in canada, cic has nothing to do with what job or proffesion you chose. If you apply for a job which requires licencing, you will need licencing as per the applied laws, but if you work as programmer, no one will ask you for licence. My point is that if you get PR based on 2173, it hardly matters. So my personal opnion is to go with 2173 if you cannot get it changed on nomination letter. If you do manage to get it changed on nomination letter, which seems a tough nut to crack, than you can go with 2174.

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Dear All

My CRS score is 427, I created my profile just last week.

2 days back I got a message in my Express Entry profile with following subject :

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Does it mean that I got the Ontario PNP ? What are the next steps. This message says that I should contact Ontario myself, but not mentioned how. Could someone please help me

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
manchandapulkit said:
Hi bellaluna,

rajkamalmohanram explained it very well. There should be no dilemma at all; it's safe to change the NOC in your e-APR with what OINP appointed to you.
I applied to SK as 2174 and to ON as 2173 and got both nominations. So I think a lot of people working in these two NOCs can have some similarities in job descriptions.

techie85 said:
Dear All

2 days back I got a message in my Express Entry profile with following subject :

Does it mean that I got the Ontario PNP ? What are the next steps. This message says that I should contact Ontario myself, but not mentioned how. Could someone please help me
You don't have an Ontario PNP just yet. You "contact" them by applying to them for the nomination. Go to this thread for the next steps: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ontario-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-t298423.0.html

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
techie85 said:
Dear All

This only means you have received an Interest letter, not the nomination. You must submit a complete application package to Ontario within 45 days to be considered for nomination. There is no online process and all the hard copies should be sent via courier to Ontario.

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
This only means you have received an Interest letter, not the nomination. You must submit a complete application package to Ontario within 45 days to be considered for nomination. There is no online process and all the hard copies should be sent via courier to Ontario.
Oh I see, could you please share the link where I can see the details of steps to do this?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
rajkamalmohanram explained it very well. There should be no dilemma at all; it's safe to change the NOC in your e-APR with what OINP appointed to you.
I applied to SK as 2174 and to ON as 2173 and got both nominations. So I think a lot of people working in these two NOCs can have some similarities in job descriptions.

You don't have an Ontario PNP just yet. You "contact" them by applying to them for the nomination. Go to this thread for the next steps: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ontario-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-t298423.0.html
In your case SK and ON evaluated based on what you presented them.

But in this case cic will cross check the nomination certificate against what is filled in the profile. How will he convince the officer on mismatch? By now, i am sure you know that how big a deal is noc codes for cic.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
techie85 said:
Dear All

It means you are lucky. Time to celebrate.