ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I am also waiting to hear from the consulate :))
as per trackitt.com it seems to be that there is no trend in the info... some people have been contacted even 20 days after transferred ... some 30,40,70 and others even more than 3 months..... not sure why....
I was expecting to be contacted this week... however ... I just saw a case that was transferred to NY since March 9 and no response so far... bad luck I am march 31 :(( so no hope even for the next month...

rascojenkins said:
Guys does anybody know how long it takes to hear from local consulate when PNP file is tranfered?

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
ingegarcia said:
I am also waiting to hear from the consulate :))
as per trackitt.com it seems to be that there is no trend in the info... some people have been contacted even 20 days after transferred ... some 30,40,70 and others even more than 3 months..... not sure why....
I was expecting to be contacted this week... however ... I just saw a case that was transferred to NY since March 9 and no response so far... bad luck I am march 31 :(( so no hope even for the next month...

rascojenkins said:
Guys does anybody know how long it takes to hear from local consulate when PNP file is tranfered?
ingegarcia,
Yeah I'm kind of thinking that you'll hear something very soon. from what l also see from trackitt I'm thinking it doesn't take that long to for PNP transfers to hear from local consulate.Hopefully you'll hear something within the next week or two.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Friends,
I had applied to CIC on 17 Feb. I have still not received my AOR.
Today, I checked online status of my application.
It shows “We started processing your application on April 29, 2009.”

To check online status, I have used the same number that we got when our check cashed B XXXX-XXXX-X.
So, I can hope that my AOR is in the way.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Jay007 said:
Friends,
I had applied to CIC on 17 Feb. I have still not received my AOR.
Today, I checked online status of my application.
It shows “We started processing your application on April 29, 2009.”

To check online status, I have used the same number that we got when our check cashed B XXXX-XXXX-X.
So, I can hope that my AOR is in the way.
That is good news. Chow got his AOR today. Your's will arrive tomorrow or so.

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
Mine was sent on 19th Feb.....Hoping that my AOR will be around the corner too.....Last Friday, 4 ppl were let go from my firm.........Expecting the next wave of lay offs end of this May.... If this Canada thing works out, I will have something to fall back upon if anything goes further South.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Guys!!!
Good news I received mail from NY office....

Bad news... NY office requested: state police certificates from NH, OH, FL... and Mexico

I provided a letter stating that it is impossible for foreigners to get Mexican Police certificate outside of Mexico but they paid NO attention to this letter....

Anyway... you all know where my next vacations are going to be..... MEXICO!!!!

BTW they gave me 60 days to get all the documents.....

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
ingegarcia,

thank you for providing the much needed excitement to this forum, not!
i still think your strategy of wait and watch was justified at that time.

good luck buddy!

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
ingegarcia said:
Anyway... you all know where my next vacations are going to be..... MEXICO!!!!
are you sure you'd want to be "vacationing" in Mexico at this time? you should sue them for trying to kill you.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Well it is just like a game... I played my cards and........ lost :)))

Anyway... no choice I'll try to get someone in Mexico to do that or travel myself and do it..... painfully because of my nationality (Colombian) the Mexican Consulate will take 1 month just to issue the visa...... and I'll spend part of my savings just to get the police certificate....