lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parvisingh said:
Now Laura Dizzy I don't want to give you high hopes but I also did a one year MBA program. Now some of my friends from the last year who did the same program got a 3 year work permit (good news on Friday the 13th to you if you don't know already). You never know you might be the lucky one. And it does not happen to just a guy or two but a lot of people I know from my university in the same program.

Thanks for sharing the link I2. Really helpful. One question I have for you I2. My work permit is expiring on this 30th. I understand since I have applied for the work permit I am still legal here right and so is my wife who has applied for her visitor visa extension?
Thanks Parvi :)
That's really good news. May luck be with us :)

I know your question was addressed to 12, but I think I have an answer. My study permit expires on November 30 and ya, we are legal and have an "implied status" until we have a decision on our PGWP applications. Same thing with your wife and her application.

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right LauraDz, in regards to the PGWP, I did 2 years MBA program as well. Its consider a two years program so they should give you 3 years work permit however, if your passport expired before that then they will give you to your passport expiration but you can extended thu.

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI
"
November 16, 2015

Program Update: Temporary pause on OINP “base” stream applications

Annual provincial nomination targets are determined by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) received a base stream allocation of 2,500 nominations for 2015.

OINP has exhausted its base stream allocation for 2015, and the program is unable to issue further nominations under its base streams until January 1, 2016. If you have already submitted an application to the OINP but have not yet received a decision, your application will be finalized in 2016.

If your employer pre-screen application has been approved, the OINP will continue to accept the corresponding nominee application(s) under the Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer streams.

Between November 16th, 2015 and December 31, 2015, the program will not accept any new Employer pre-screen applications or applications under the Master’s and PhD streams. Any applications received during this time period will be returned to the applicant. The program welcomes new applications under these streams starting on January 1, 2016.

Thank you for your interest in the OINP."

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I2 said:
FYI
"
November 16, 2015

Annual provincial nomination targets are determined by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) received a base stream allocation of 2,500 nominations for 2015.

OINP has exhausted its base stream allocation for 2015, and the program is unable to issue further nominations under its base streams until January 1, 2016. If you have already submitted an application to the OINP but have not yet received a decision, your application will be finalized in 2016.

If your employer pre-screen application has been approved, the OINP will continue to accept the corresponding nominee application(s) under the Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer streams.

Between November 16th, 2015 and December 31, 2015, the program will not accept any new Employer pre-screen applications or applications under the Master’s and PhD streams. Any applications received during this time period will be returned to the applicant. The program welcomes new applications under these streams starting on January 1, 2016.

Do you think it means that they are not going to send AOR letters before January 1, 2016?

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
My question here is would they be processing the applications in January?? They are just too much lazy... Really god !

I2 said:
FYI
"
November 16, 2015

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I think we should have our AOR letters before January and hopfully our nomination in Feb or March 2016.

Regards

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parvisingh said:
My question here is would they be processing the applications in January?? They are just too much lazy... Really god !
Parvi, I think they are not going to process applications in January. They are just saying that people can start submitting new applications in January. This is the first time they are doing something like that. Previously applications could be submitted any time during the year.

zainbounty

Feb 9, 2013
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea about a mistake that I made. To give you guys my background, I applied under the Master's stream of OINP program. While filling out the form, I did not fill out one of the blanks for Q.9 where it asked to mention about how much money I had in my account. However, I have included a letter specifying the sources and savings that I have for the eligibility criteria. Do you think they will return the application back?

I've been in constant touch with the OINP, but they have failed to give me a specific answer. Please share your comments as I'm very anxious about this situation.

Thanks!

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
You Zain. Stay put and wait for them to call you up. They could return your application saying its incomplete or they might ask for clarification. Depends really. There is nothing to panic as I think most likely they would ask for clarification. Anyways you would not know about the update until the next year application processing.

zainbounty said:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea about a mistake that I made. To give you guys my background, I applied under the Master's stream of OINP program. While filling out the form, I did not fill out one of the blanks for Q.9 where it asked to mention about how much money I had in my account. However, I have included a letter specifying the sources and savings that I have for the eligibility criteria. Do you think they will return the application back?

I've been in constant touch with the OINP, but they have failed to give me a specific answer. Please share your comments as I'm very anxious about this situation.

Thanks!

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
November 16, 2015

OINP has exhausted its base stream allocation for 2015, and the program is unable to issue further nominations under its base streams until January 4, 2016. If you have already submitted an application to the OINP but have not yet received a decision, your application will be finalized in 2016.

Between November 16th, 2015 and January 3, 2016, the program will not accept any new Employer pre-screen applications or applications under the Master’s and PhD streams. Any applications received during this time period will be returned to the applicant. The program welcomes new applications under these streams starting on January 4, 2016.

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Still no news, guys?
Do you know someone who has recently received their AOR letters?

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Laura. See the post on their fb page. I have asked a question just today. Lets see what they reply. No one has got an acknowledgement in people i know.

lauraDz said:
Hi All,

Still no news, guys?
Do you know someone who has recently received their AOR letters?

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parvisingh said:
Laura. See the post on their fb page. I have asked a question just today. Lets see what they reply. No one has got an acknowledgement in people i know.
Hi Parvi,

Hm, I cannot find your question on their fb page:( Where is it? In the comments or visitor posts? Thanks.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Look for Mahdi Zamani post under visitor post on the 12th Nov. OINP replied and then I replied to OINP comment.

lauraDz said:
Hi Parvi,

Hm, I cannot find your question on their fb page:( Where is it? In the comments or visitor posts? Thanks.

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parvisingh said:
Look for Mahdi Zamani post under visitor post on the 12th Nov. OINP replied and then I replied to OINP comment.

Found it :) good question!
Let's see what happens.