+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International Student Stream - March 12, 2024

isabelita

Aug 9, 2024
Hi Guys !!
Do you think that Ontario would might send another round of invitations to apply for the International Student Stream program later this year ?

shaheer_01

May 17, 2020
Hi Guys !!
Do you think that Ontario would might send another round of invitations to apply for the International Student Stream program later this year ?
If you look at previous trends then probably not. Early next year there will be a draw for sure.

MayMar

Jul 23, 2024
I contacted them and they said that they have increased the time period from 120 to 240 days due to the higher volume of applications.

rococo

Jun 22, 2024
I doubt that that an officer is actively reviewing our files, it's more like the files have been assigned to them. I have a feeling that their file management system is crap, otherwise timelines shouldn't vary by more than 50-100% between the files unless there's some serious investigation going on, which is not the case since some of us are getting approval with no issues despite the long wait. And or course there's the theory that they hold some NOCs to be given approval in batches, but I dont see why they need to do that. They can always include/exclude certain NOCs from future draws should there be an imbalance in the nomination issued, so there's no point in withholding some NOCs.

My theory is at the DIP stage they randomly assigned the files to the officers, some of them work on their files smoothly while some might be bogged down with more complicated files than others. For instance, 150 applications get randomly assigned to each Officer A and Officer B in the month of June. Officer A luckily gets most files that are straightforward and perfect. Officer B unfortunately gets more files that require ADRs and investigations than their colleagues' workload. So, blessed are those whose files end up on Officer A's desk, for their files get processed in a timely manner. Those who end up on Officer B's desk had to wait much longer for their turn to be processed. Unfortunately, instead reassigning the files that are yet to be processed by Officer B to other faster officers, they sit idly on Officer B's desk until he finally catches up with them.

Lucky folks on Officer A's desk got approved between June and July thereby fulfilling the 90-120days timeline. Us on the other hand, are stuck on Officer B's desk. Mind you that there are more than just 2 officers working tirelessly on all the various OINP files, but if cases get reassigned between themselves more efficiently, we wouldn't be this clueless as to what's going on. I wish OINP follows Alberta AOS processing pattern where they work on the files by submission date and publish around every 2 weeks the cut off submission dates of the files which they have started to actively process. This way there's more predictability for us to plan around work permit expirations.

Done ranting, let me know if someone have other fresh takes on this!