+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International Student Stream - March 12, 2024

shaheer_01

May 17, 2020
Not even get promoted at my current job?
If you get promoted but your NOC and job duties are the same then it should not be an issue. For example, a lot of people get yearly raises, which gives them more points on OINP, but no one updates their application as it makes no difference to their eligibility

Mandy1313

Aug 22, 2024
Hi Everyone,
I have been in the same situation as the rest of you guys. My application has been stuck in DIP stage for almost 1.5 months now. In total its gonna be 5 months on August 26, 2024, since I submitted documents on March 26, 2024.
I do have a theory regarding this though, I am not sure how true it is.

My application was put as a welder (NOC 72106 ), which is a skilled occupation. I went through the whole forum and think that other occupations which are not skilled are being processed faster. It might be because OINP is verifying the skill jobs in details. Whomever is still waiting for their nomination, please share your NOC codes so that we can know if this theory is true up to some extent.

My Timeline:
EOI (Expression of Interest) - January 16th, 2024
ITA (Invitation to Apply) : March 12th, 2024
Documents and Application Submission: March 26th, 2024
Assessment: July 03, 2024
DIP (Decision in Progress):- Between July 10th and July 15th
Updated Address and my Pay rate via Web form (as it went up to $28 from $22) : As OINP tells to update the address on file as soon as you do so I did the same. In addition to that, I didn't see any issues in declaring a higher income as it doesnt impact my OINP score negatively, instead it would have gone up only.

NOMINATION:- Have been waiting for ages

Shayini

Jan 29, 2024
Hello Guys, I have a question; I have an application currently working on for a friend and she applied under the international student stream.
Invited - February 2nd 2024
Submission - February 22, 2024
Assessment - May 8, 2024
DIP - May 16, 2024
Notice of Intent to Refuse Application - August 12, 2024.

The reason for notice of intent to refuse is the difference between an Ontario College Certificate and an Ontario College Graduate Certificate. The requirement was for an Ontario College Graduate Certificate and my friend had an Ontario College Certificate.
The question is how do she replied to the officer request to provide an Ontario College Graduate Certificate, she does not have it she completed a Personal Support Worker Program a 8 months program from Mohawk College.
If you have been on such situation kindly help with a response she has just 2 week to response.

Reasons for Intended Refusal
The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your application to date indicates that you have not demonstrated that the following eligibility requirements have been met:
Canadian Education (O Reg 422/17, s 6 (3)) You must have submitted one of the following, dated no more than two years before the date of making the application: Proof that you have obtained either,
A. an undergraduate degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least two years to complete if pursued on a full-time basis
, B. a graduate degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis,
C. an Ontario college graduate certificate from an eligible Ontario institution that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis, or
D. a university graduate certificate from an eligible Ontario institution that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis and that is listed on the Ministry’s website, as the list is amended from time to time,

You must also have completed more than half of your studies while lawfully residing and studying in Canada. The following concerns have been identified in your application:
• You provided documentation to support that you have obtained an Ontario College Certificate from Mohawk College for the Personal Support Worker Program.
• Ontario College Certificates are not the same as Ontario College Graduate Certificates, and therefore do not meet the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream requirements.
• Here is a link that describes the different credentials: https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/apply/program-types
• The Ontario College Graduate Certificate is captured under “Graduate Certificate programs” in the link. As noted, it requires “a university degree or a college certificate or diploma for admission, building on knowledge and experience gained through previous postsecondary study.

Therefore, based on the information provided, it appears that you do not meet the Canadian Education Criterion under the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream.

HOW DOES SHE REPLY TO THIS NOTICE.
Did your friend get any response for the intent to refuse notice? Any update on her file?

shaheer_01

May 17, 2020
I've been waiting for 5 months too. Don't stress it. Although I did get an Intent to Refuse for some OHSA order that was outstanding. The order was then closed by my employer and we sent proof of it and responded back.

Shayini

Jan 29, 2024
I've been waiting for 5 months too. Don't stress it. Although I did get an Intent to Refuse for some OHSA order that was outstanding. The order was then closed by my employer and we sent proof of it and responded back.
Yeah understandable, but one of my friend also got the intent to refuse notice and she closed the Open OHSA order as we did and got the nomination within 10 days from the responded date but mine is more than one month and total timeline of the file also more than 5 months. everyday calling OINP, but no proper response . I have only one year work permit so this nomination is much needed for me.

Neyragrat

Jul 10, 2024
Congratulations to all who got their nominations! Still sitting and waiting at 5 months. The long wait causing anxiety and feeling of hopelessness. Sorry just ranting.