+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International Student Stream - March 12, 2024

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
My Employer fixed the issue on the same day they raised it.
Yeah will ask MPP again to request the status of my file
Give OINP time again to update everything maybe wait a month or 2 unless your work permit is about to expire.

DevarshRanpara

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I received my nomination on 11th July.
Today Morning, I signed in to my OINP portal, and I can see that the status for EOI shows "Withdrawn by OINP", and my actual file shows "Approved" status.
Is it normal? Can anyone check and let me know if it's the same for them as well?

Reactions: wrsousa

happyfox00

Apr 17, 2024
I received my nomination on 11th July.
Today Morning, I signed in to my OINP portal, and I can see that the status for EOI shows "Withdrawn by OINP", and my actual file shows "Approved" status.
Is it normal? Can anyone check and let me know if it's the same for them as well?
Yes, It's the same. "Withdrawn by OINP" for the EOI.

Reactions: DevarshRanpara

Neyragrat

Jul 10, 2024
Can they ask for additional information and documents twice? If they ask for explanation during assessment stage, will they ask again in DIP or get and intent to refuse?

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Can they ask for additional information and documents twice? If they ask for explanation during assessment stage, will they ask again in DIP or get and intent to refuse?
Yes they can ask or request for additional documents at anytime, assessment is a preliminary stage which means that they have looked at your documents for correctness. That is you have submitted all the required documents and everything is good. When it moves to DIP, they check for the validity of all the documents that you have provided. In the process of checking for the validity of these documents they can request for additional information or documents. I hope this help with your situation.

Reactions: Neyragrat

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hello Guys, I have a question; I have an application currently working on for a friend and she applied under the international student stream.
Invited - February 2nd 2024
Submission - February 22, 2024
Assessment - May 8, 2024
DIP - May 16, 2024
Notice of Intent to Refuse Application - August 12, 2024.

The reason for notice of intent to refuse is the difference between an Ontario College Certificate and an Ontario College Graduate Certificate. The requirement was for an Ontario College Graduate Certificate and my friend had an Ontario College Certificate.
The question is how do she replied to the officer request to provide an Ontario College Graduate Certificate, she does not have it she completed a Personal Support Worker Program a 8 months program from Mohawk College.
If you have been on such situation kindly help with a response she has just 2 week to response.

Reasons for Intended Refusal
The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your application to date indicates that you have not demonstrated that the following eligibility requirements have been met:
Canadian Education (O Reg 422/17, s 6 (3)) You must have submitted one of the following, dated no more than two years before the date of making the application: Proof that you have obtained either,
A. an undergraduate degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least two years to complete if pursued on a full-time basis
, B. a graduate degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis,
C. an Ontario college graduate certificate from an eligible Ontario institution that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis, or
D. a university graduate certificate from an eligible Ontario institution that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis and that is listed on the Ministry’s website, as the list is amended from time to time,

You must also have completed more than half of your studies while lawfully residing and studying in Canada. The following concerns have been identified in your application:
• You provided documentation to support that you have obtained an Ontario College Certificate from Mohawk College for the Personal Support Worker Program.
• Ontario College Certificates are not the same as Ontario College Graduate Certificates, and therefore do not meet the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream requirements.
• Here is a link that describes the different credentials: https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/apply/program-types
• The Ontario College Graduate Certificate is captured under “Graduate Certificate programs” in the link. As noted, it requires “a university degree or a college certificate or diploma for admission, building on knowledge and experience gained through previous postsecondary study.

Therefore, based on the information provided, it appears that you do not meet the Canadian Education Criterion under the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream.

HOW DOES SHE REPLY TO THIS NOTICE.

rococo

Jun 22, 2024
You said it yourself she does not have an Ontario College Graduate Certificate and the officer made it clear that Ontario College Certificate is not the same as College Graduate thus not meeting the eligibility requirement. I dont see what else she can do other than withdrawing and apply under the foreign worker stream as soon as she qualifies

Reactions: tee2406

DevarshRanpara

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
The reason for notice of intent to refuse is the difference between an Ontario College Certificate and an Ontario College Graduate Certificate. The requirement was for an Ontario College Graduate Certificate and my friend had an Ontario College Certificate.
The question is how do she replied to the officer request to provide an Ontario College Graduate Certificate, she does not have it she completed a Personal Support Worker Program a 8 months program from Mohawk College.
If you have been on such situation kindly help with a response she has just 2 week to response.
For that you will need to know why requirement is Ontario College Graduate Certificate and not Ontario College Certificate.

There is a huge difference between Ontario College Certificate and an Ontario College Graduate Certificate.
The term "Graduate Certificate" means that you already have graduated atleast with any degree. (Bachelors) and only Certificate means that it's just a certificate.
Ontario College Certificate can be done after schooling, and Ontatio can't offer nominations who don't have any degree, as it can be a loophole in whole system.

Now, as it's the requirement,I would widthdraw my application, and aim for any other program.

leedo

Aug 19, 2024
Hi Everyone,

I have a question that I can't really find an answer for. I've been working in my current job since 8 months now and I got nominated last month for the OINP International Student Stream. My application is still under "Assessment" and process time is 90 to 120 days. My question here, once hopefully my application gets accepted and they open the PR portal for me to apply, when can I change jobs with no risk to my application. I read online that I must wait until my OINP application gets accepted, I can't change jobs. And I also read that I should wait for the total process to happen ( Receive my PR thru mail ) to change my job or position. Can anyone confirm when exactly I could change jobs or positions in my job? It just does not make sense for me to wait until I get my PR to change positions or jobs, which would take more than 9 months ( best case scenario).

Thanks

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hi Everyone,

I have a question that I can't really find an answer for. I've been working in my current job since 8 months now and I got nominated last month for the OINP International Student Stream. My application is still under "Assessment" and process time is 90 to 120 days. My question here, once hopefully my application gets accepted and they open the PR portal for me to apply, when can I change jobs with no risk to my application. I read online that I must wait until my OINP application gets accepted, I can't change jobs. And I also read that I should wait for the total process to happen ( Receive my PR thru mail ) to change my job or position. Can anyone confirm when exactly I could change jobs or positions in my job? It just does not make sense for me to wait until I get my PR to change positions or jobs, which would take more than 9 months ( best case scenario).

Thanks
yes, you cannot change jobs until you get PR.