24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Re tyzia:

Your case is a few thousands spots in front of mine. Assuming that they could nominate 5 candidates per business day ... it would take around 2 years to reach mine :-X . Plus the further 6 months of so after EE ITA.... By that time, I wouldn't even know if I am still up for Canada PR; the year 2020 is near.

sbrs2010

Jul 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys immigration takes 1-5 years depending on your profile and requirements in the country you are immigrating to. All the ranting will disappear as soon as we get the Nomination and the coveted 600 points. Hang in there or look out for alternatives. If this forum is giving you sleepless nights go for a couple of weeks digital detox. Block this forum during vacation as nomination comes to your email address and not on this forum.

I understand people must have made plans to immigrate in a certain time frame but remember this is life and not everything is supposed to go as per your plans. When I made my initial plans of immigrating to Canada I had given myself 18 months from March 2015. I should be landing in Canada in about 2 months time but when I realized it is not going to be so easy I modified my plans to land by June next year. Ensured my daughter's education is not in limbo and I am adding network to help whenever I get PR.

Relax. Watch movies. Go clubbing. Spend time on vacation. There is so much more to do in life besides waiting for nomination from OINP and Canadian PR

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Guys, who said the system is going to be easy? It is tough. The whole point of Express Entry is to denounce the old system. If you have a fixed CRS, it'll be the same as the previous system. In the previous system, if you had 67/100 and if your NOC was on the list, you could apply. If we had a fixed CRS, how different would EE be? The whole purpose of introducing the EE system was to control the number they admit (as batches). A fixed CRS system is meaningless in this context. If they set the cutoff of 450 in the next draw, the number of ITAs would be greater than at least 3500. This is because of the recent nominations and the nominations to come, plus, there are many people in the pool with 450 + scores.

The only issue with EE that i see is they have no NOC control. EE is NOC agnostic. This approach might end up doing more bad than good. This might create an imbalance in the already-hard-to-get-job society by pouring in excessive number of immigrants with similar skills sets (For instance, applicants with IT background). Other than that, the system is doing what it was designed to do. I feel terrible for people with low scores but they can always apply to a PNP to get those golden 600 points.

Good luck and all the very best!
Allow me to add insult to injury done by EE & IRCC:

SINP OID is parallel backdoor to the lot of us: they get away with ielts 5, not only that, they got their nominations in less than 3 months, in often cases in just 20 days too!

Not tell me again about equal opportunity.. I am listening

kaka198300

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbrs2010 said:
Guys immigration takes 1-5 years depending on your profile and requirements in the country you are immigrating to. All the ranting will disappear as soon as we get the Nomination and the coveted 600 points. Hang in there or look out for alternatives. If this forum is giving you sleepless nights go for a couple of weeks digital detox. Block this forum during vacation as nomination comes to your email address and not on this forum.

I understand people must have made plans to immigrate in a certain time frame but remember this is life and not everything is supposed to go as per your plans. When I made my initial plans of immigrating to Canada I had given myself 18 months from March 2015. I should be landing in Canada in about 2 months time but when I realized it is not going to be so easy I modified my plans to land by June next year. Ensured my daughter's education is not in limbo and I am adding network to help whenever I get PR.

Relax. Watch movies. Go clubbing. Spend time on vacation. There is so much more to do in life besides waiting for nomination from OINP and Canadian PR

That is f u c king true!! Maybe I am too stupid, but I have done all my best in everything... Don't want to suffering under pressure.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
maged_mmh said:
Allow me to add insult to injury done by EE & IRCC:

SINP OID is parallel backdoor to the lot of us: they get away with ielts 5, not only that, they got their nominations in less than 3 months, in often cases in just 20 days too!

Not tell me again about equal opportunity.. I am listening
I am guessing why SINP processing time is so much quicker, I think the answer is quite obvious :-*

manikmonday

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Why is only officer 'AB' calling up applicants ? Why arent the other officers calling up ? Doesnt add up what ONIP strategy is.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
cococly said:
I am guessing why SINP processing time is so much quicker, I think the answer is quite obvious :-*
Do say please

malican

May 24, 2016
manikmonday said:
Why is only officer 'AB' calling up applicants ? Why arent the other officers calling up ? Doesnt add up what ONIP strategy is.
I just check the list of OINP staff that is/was online. There is no male AB. Neither that # mentioned by Tyzia. Strange!

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
malican said:
I just check the list of OINP staff that is/was online. There is no male AB. Neither that # mentioned by Tyzia. Strange!
Could be a recent hire. After they took down that information from their website, there is no way of knowing who is who. A prankster could call up one of us using a Canadian number just for kicks now, and we would all be excited here on this forum :p

I did find a couple of OINP's Investigators/Analysts on LinkedIn, but did not come across a 'AB' there either. But I wouldn't expect all of them to be on LinkedIn, much less use it.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
mrmaharaja said:
Guys,

I got AOR last year december 2015 .Till now i am waiting for my nomination .no updates so far
You received your AOR last year December or was it a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario? Could you share your application timeline?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
shashidhar_sm said:
You received your AOR last year December or was it a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario? Could you share your application timeline?
Never mind, I just looked at your previous posts.

In summary: You are a CEC candidate, and sent in your application on Nov 15th (delivered on 16th) and you received your AOR on Dec 1st. You have also received a mail in May stating that your application has been moved to 'Decision Phase'. Is all this correct?

Assuming the above to be correct: If you have an expiring work permit, Ontario should be issuing you a nomination soon as they have put such cases on fast track now. Do reach out to them on their phone number or email and check the status again.

Good luck!

Canadamig1

May 15, 2016
OINP: Awaiting assessment status for the past 1 year, please advise

Dear Members,

Received PT interest form OINP on: 08-Oct-2015
Received additional information request email on: 06-May-2016
Requested details provided via email on: 28-May-2016
Express Entry profile expiry on: 06-Oct-2016

I received the following email from OINP on 06-May-2016:-
"In order to finalize the assessment of your Nominee Application for Ontario Express Entry Streams, please attach via email the following document(s)..."
I responded to them on 28-May-2016 with the requested documents (proof of funds and ECA report authorization).

After this I have not received any information from OINP regarding the status of my application.
I sent them an email on 10-Jul-2016 requesting for an update and received no response, I sent one again on 28-Aug-2016.

My express entry profile will expire on 06-Oct-2016.

I would really appreciate if anyone could please advise/speculate as to:-
  • Why the delay in assessing and responding to my OINP application?
  • What happens if thre is no response from OINP and my express entry profile expires?
  • I have sent an email to both ExpressEntry@ontario.ca and ontarionominee@ontario.ca but so far no response from either.

Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks

ingeb

Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrmaharaja said:
Guys,

I got AOR last year december 2015 .Till now i am waiting for my nomination .no updates so far
Me too! Good and sorry to hear I am not alone..

ingeb

Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: OINP: Awaiting assessment status for the past 1 year, please advise

Canadamig1 said:
Dear Members,

Received PT interest form OINP on: 08-Oct-2015
Received additional information request email on: 06-May-2016
Requested details provided via email on: 28-May-2016
Express Entry profile expiry on: 06-Oct-2016

I received the following email from OINP on 06-May-2016:-
I responded to them on 28-May-2016 with the requested documents (proof of funds and ECA report authorization).

After this I have not received any information from OINP regarding the status of my application.
I sent them an email on 10-Jul-2016 requesting for an update and received no response, I sent one again on 28-Aug-2016.

My express entry profile will expire on 06-Oct-2016.

I would really appreciate if anyone could please advise/speculate as to:-
  • Why the delay in assessing and responding to my OINP application?
  • What happens if thre is no response from OINP and my express entry profile expires?
  • I have sent an email to both ExpressEntry@ontario.ca and ontarionominee@ontario.ca but so far no response from either.

Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks
If you read this thread you will def read you are not alone. They are not great at responding.. be patient is the only advise.
With regards to your EE profile. Not an issue. Just create a new one and inform oinp (as stated on their website).