App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
26-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
Yes, bestofluck, no additional documents requested.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iman.G said:
I'm not a fan of ships and water transport mode, I would go with air mode as it is my preferred and faster as well! ;D :p
"And the safest with any other transport comparatively!!!

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
tyzia said:
Hi guys!

I received a phone call today. It was at 5:45 pm (GMT+3).

The call was from +1 (416) 212-6621 Ontario, Canada. As I later realized from the letter it was officer with AB initials.

He introduced himself and asked if I am working or at home and if I have 10-15 minutes for interview. I replied that I have time to talk. As I run my own business, officers questions were:

What is the name of my company?
When did I buy it?
Why I started from cashier and then moved to a deputy director position (in a few months - quite fast)?
What was my business before my current business?
Why did I change it?
If I could would I continue to do my previous business?
How many people were working in the company in the past? How many are working now?
Why we moved to Simplefied Tax system instead of balance sheets in 2013?
What I do on my work?
Why I chose Ontario?
Will I work in my sphere or set up my business when I come to Ontario?

These are questions, just to give you an idea of conversation.

He had an accent, I think he is from India. Some times I didn't understand the question and asked him to repeat.

He was polite and friendly. Sometimes he noted something, so there were some pauses in conversation.

Apparently he had a list of questions, and moved through it. He was accurate and attentive and did listen to me, because when he heard something new, he asked additional questions about it. I mentioned, for instance, that we had to change our tax system this year because we also have a small internet-shop. I didn't mention it in my application, because it doesn't support my primary NOC. But he asked some questions about this shop as soon as he heard about it from me.

When he asked me why I want to move to Ontario, I felt that he was not listening to my answer carefully. It was just my observation )))

When it was time to finish, he asked if I had any questions. Of course I had! Well, I thanked him that after exactly 9 months of waiting (my application was delivered on 25 November, 2015, today is 26 August, 2016) I have got a call. Is it possible to know when decision can be made? He replied with standard "he will move my application to a senior officer for a decision and doesn't know when decision will be". I also pointed out that my EE profile will expire at the beginning of October, will it be possible to receive decision before that? He replied with a standard manner that "it's applicants responsibility to maintain our EE profile active. If it expires, I should create a new one and send them email with notification". I wasn't waiting anything more than that.

It seems that he was satisfied with my answers. I asked if they received information about my newborn daughter, sent via Change of Personal Information Form. He confirmed that. I told him that I can send updated bank statement if necessary. He relied that if it will be necessary, they will request it.

The conversation was over. Later I received a letter from "Express Entry (MCIIT)" <ExpressEntry@ontario.ca>
Thank you so much for sharing. It really gives us an idea what to expect.....

Till now, who ever has received a call from AB is related to work only:
1. Software engineering
2. Someone working in family business
3. Having your own business.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, do they only call when they have some queries / doubts regarding applicants' profession..... OR they are finding it difficult to relate profession with NOC (just guessing).... ???

My work experience is quite simple....2008-09: call center, 2009-10: microbiology lecturer (ad hoc), 2010-12: QA executive in coca cola, 2014-present: QC Executive in pharma. And my NOC is 2112-chemists

So, to all experienced guys in thread... Do u think i would get a call too?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tyzia said:
Hi guys!

The call was from +1 (416) 212-6621 Ontario, Canada. As I later realized from the letter it was officer with AB initials.

He introduced himself and asked if I am working or at home and if I have 10-15 minutes for interview. I replied that I have time to talk. As I run my own business, officers questions were:

When did I buy it?
Why I started from cashier and then moved to a deputy director position (in a few months - quite fast)?
What was my business before my current business?
Why did I change it?
If I could would I continue to do my previous business?
How many people were working in the company in the past? How many are working now?
Why we moved to Simplefied Tax system instead of balance sheets in 2013?
What I do on my work?
Why I chose Ontario?
Will I work in my sphere or set up my business when I come to Ontario?

These are questions, just to give you an idea of conversation.

He had an accent, I think he is from India. Some times I didn't understand the question and asked him to repeat.

He was polite and friendly. Sometimes he noted something, so there were some pauses in conversation.

Apparently he had a list of questions, and moved through it. He was accurate and attentive and did listen to me, because when he heard something new, he asked additional questions about it. I mentioned, for instance, that we had to change our tax system this year because we also have a small internet-shop. I didn't mention it in my application, because it doesn't support my primary NOC. But he asked some questions about this shop as soon as he heard about it from me.

When he asked me why I want to move to Ontario, I felt that he was not listening to my answer carefully. It was just my observation )))

When it was time to finish, he asked if I had any questions. Of course I had! Well, I thanked him that after exactly 9 months of waiting (my application was delivered on 25 November, 2015, today is 26 August, 2016) I have got a call. Is it possible to know when decision can be made? He replied with standard "he will move my application to a senior officer for a decision and doesn't know when decision will be". I also pointed out that my EE profile will expire at the beginning of October, will it be possible to receive decision before that? He replied with a standard manner that "it's applicants responsibility to maintain our EE profile active. If it expires, I should create a new one and send them email with notification". I wasn't waiting anything more than that.

It seems that he was satisfied with my answers. I asked if they received information about my newborn daughter, sent via Change of Personal Information Form. He confirmed that. I told him that I can send updated bank statement if necessary. He relied that if it will be necessary, they will request it.

The conversation was over. Later I received a letter from "Express Entry (MCIIT)" <ExpressEntry@ontario.ca>
Theme: XHSW-16011XX - AB

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has been referred to a senior processing officer for a decision. The program will contact you should we require additional information to support the decision on your application. Otherwise, the program will contact you again when a decision has been made on your application.

If you are a candidate through one of the Ontario Express Entry streams, please note that your Express Entry profile must remain up-to-date throughout all processing stages of your application. Candidate for the Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream must also continue to maintain a score of 400 points or above in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

If you are currently working or residing in Ontario, please be advised that you are responsible for remaining in legal status in Canada throughout all processing stages of your application. It is your responsibility to renew, extend or apply for proper temporary resident status in Canada throughout your stay in the country, even after you are nominated.

If you need to depart Canada because you no longer have valid status or because your status will not be renewed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, please send our office a completed and signed Change of Personal Information form. You should outline the details of your situation in this form and include a current email address.

The Change of Personal Information form applies to any changes that you may need to make to your application during processing, for example a change of address or other information that may impact your application.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. Please retain this letter for your records.
My timeline is:
FSW Outland (no ties, never been to Canada) | EE App: 12/Oct/2015 | OINP PT: 16/Oct/2015 | OINP App: 25/Nov/2015 | AOR: 18/Mar/2016 | | Call: 26/Aug/2016 | CRS 440 | File No. 16011XX | Masters, CLB 9 (L8.5 R9 W7 S7.5), 11 years self-employed

To tell the truth I did not think that they will call me. Not a piece of anticipation of this call. But, today morning I prepared summary reply to imaginary call from Ontario, describing my business and duties. I printed it out and had it in my car, when the officer called. It was so helpful! Recommend everyone to make such a cheat sheet.

Good luck to all!
Thanks for the detailed explanation! You have done a commendable job! +1 . Surprisingly, no additional document request. Good. Good luck and all the very best for speedy nomination!

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
tyzia said:
Hi guys!

When did I buy it?

+1 for sharing the detailed and helpful phone call content.

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
OMG! 41st draw on Aug 24:

Number of ITAs: 750
Cut-off score: 538!! :eek:

What is exactly happening at IRCC?
IMO, this kind of jump in cut-off score would greatly disappoint applicants with score range 460-490.
Your thoughts please...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Iman.G said:
OMG! 41st draw on Aug 24:

Number of ITAs: 750
Cut-off score: 538!! :eek:

What is exactly happening at IRCC?
IMO, this kind of jump in cut-off score would greatly disappoint applicants with score range 460-490.
Your thoughts please...
The reaction is a little bit late I guess. Yes, scores > 450 disappointed us with scores less than 450. This process is always going to disappoint someone. When more nominations are sent, the scores might even go up.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
The reaction is a little bit late I guess. Yes, scores > 450 disappointed us with scores less than 450. This process is always going to disappoint someone. When more nominations are sent, the scores might even go up.
Exactly! I fear the same too, Raj. The cut-off is bound to go up with more nominations, and I don't see it coming down till all the provinces (specially Ontario) are done with their processes - which tells me that the score might not drop to 450s for a long, long time. This was the 'saturation point' IRCC was looking for, I think.

I only wish they would come out with a fixed 'cut-off' instead of this ever-changing, unpredictable number they come up with every draw.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
shashidhar_sm said:
Exactly! I fear the same too, Raj. The cut-off is bound to go up with more nominations, and I don't see it coming down till all the provinces (specially Ontario) are done with their processes - which tells me that the score might not drop to 450s for a long, long time. This was the 'saturation point' IRCC was looking for, I think.

I only wish they would come out with a fixed 'cut-off' instead of this ever-changing, unpredictable number they come up with every draw.
This means we're effectively not dealing with express entry anymore, just like old days system: score eligibility and then hunt for nomination, core ee points have no value whatsoever.

They trashed the express entry

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
maged_mmh said:
This means we're effectively not dealing with express entry anymore, just like old days system: score eligibility and then hunt for nomination, core ee points have no value whatsoever.

Yup, almost trashed would be correct; Express Entry would still work for folks in late 20s or early 30s, with a PhD, and Canadian work experience, and a Canadian education. So, not a lot of people... but on paper, EE is still a success story for IRCC/CIC.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
maged_mmh said:

Obviously when they can manipulate the CRS or number of ITA, everything is wrong. like shashidhar said a fixed CRS should be maintained. which will mean once a person get ITA, no other deserving person with higher to that CRS will be kept waiting. How can they select someone with 451 and keep those with 472 waiting for months. This is faulty system. this has become a luck game.

look at November applicants waiting since months when some applicants have landed in Canada who applied just before a month to them. Everything is manipulated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashidhar_sm said:

maged_mmh said:

shashidhar_sm said:
Yup, almost trashed would be correct; Express Entry would still work for folks in late 20s or early 30s, with a PhD, and Canadian work experience, and a Canadian education. So, not a lot of people... but on paper, EE is still a success story for IRCC/CIC.
bestofluck said:
Obviously when they can manipulate the CRS or number of ITA, everything is wrong. like shashidhar said a fixed CRS should be maintained. which will mean once a person get ITA, no other deserving person with higher to that CRS will be kept waiting. How can they select someone with 451 and keep those with 472 waiting for months. This is faulty system. this has become a luck game.

look at November applicants waiting since months when some applicants have landed in Canada who applied just before a month to them. Everything is manipulated.
Guys, who said the system is going to be easy? It is tough. The whole point of Express Entry is to denounce the old system. If you have a fixed CRS, it'll be the same as the previous system. In the previous system, if you had 67/100 and if your NOC was on the list, you could apply. If we had a fixed CRS, how different would EE be? The whole purpose of introducing the EE system was to control the number they admit (as batches). A fixed CRS system is meaningless in this context. If they set the cutoff of 450 in the next draw, the number of ITAs would be greater than at least 3500. This is because of the recent nominations and the nominations to come, plus, there are many people in the pool with 450 + scores.

The only issue with EE that i see is they have no NOC control. EE is NOC agnostic. This approach might end up doing more bad than good. This might create an imbalance in the already-hard-to-get-job society by pouring in excessive number of immigrants with similar skills sets (For instance, applicants with IT background). Other than that, the system is doing what it was designed to do. I feel terrible for people with low scores but they can always apply to a PNP to get those golden 600 points.

Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bestofluck said:
Yes, this is a concern. There is backlog. Both IRCC and OINP have backlogs. NDVO has a backlog (which seems to have been cleared last week since PPRs are raining for Feb applicants). Once these backlogs are reduced, we might see much quicker processing times.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
@ rajkamalmohanram, sound true what you said.

But in any system there can be some amendments. They cannot change the whole system in between. They are talking of changes. More points to be given to CEC and so on. May be they change eligibility of 67 too. If this happens many of us might be ineligible from EE.

They can make a new system for CEC which is easy and adoptable and better than EE, but they cannot change the eligibility requirements in between. it will be as good as new system then with same name.