+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

Michelle Sanz

Jul 10, 2016
Guys,

Where can I findupdated information in regards? I submitted my application on march 21st and haven´t received nor AOR or response..

Regards,
MSanz

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Michelle Sanz said:
Guys,

Where can I findupdated information in regards? I submitted my application on march 21st and haven´t received nor AOR or response..

Regards,
MSanz
Currently AORs are being sent to January applicants, you can follow the January thread for latest updates.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Stanlee and Piyush....how is your application going after ITA?

Any nominations received on Friday by anyone?
Raj, any news about nominations received in last week?

Just really feeling frustrated today....my profile will get expire in September and I will have to create another one.
10 months+ and still at the starting point. :( :( :(

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
As we are waiting for some updates from OINP, I decided to do some calculations and would like to share and hear your thoughts on them.

• There has been 16 draws since January 1st, 2016
  • 16,768 ITAs issued
  • IRCC planned to reach 129,000 economic category immigration target in 2016 (excluding Quebec targets)
  • There would be 14,212 ITAs to be issued, assuming IRCC targets 31,000 number of ITAs for 2016 (the same number of ITAs reported for 2015)
  • There would be 11 draws remaining (assuming draws take place once every 2 weeks)
  • If IRCC decides to distribute the remaining number of ITAs over 11 draws, each draw would have 1292 ITAs approx.
  • If IRCC continues the current pace and decides to start giving more ITAs in each draw from mid September, each draw would have 1495 ITAs approx.

I concluded:
1- We can expect bulk nominations from mid September.
2- I'm not sure if we see draws with more than 2000 ITAs.

Your thoughts please...

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iman.G said:
As we are waiting for some updates from OINP, I decided to do some calculations and would like to share and hear your thoughts on them.

• 16,768 ITAs issued
  • IRCC planned to reach 129,000 economic category immigration target in 2016 (excluding Quebec targets)
  • There would be 14,212 ITAs to be issued, assuming IRCC targets 31,000 number of ITAs for 2016 (the same number of ITAs reported for 2015)
  • There would be 11 draws remaining (assuming draws take place once every 2 weeks)
  • If IRCC decides to distribute the remaining number of ITAs over 11 draws, each draw would have 1292 ITAs approx.
  • If IRCC continues the current pace and decides to start giving more ITAs in each draw from mid September, each draw would have 1495 ITAs approx.

I concluded:

Your thoughts please...

Many are saying that in fall 2016, the score will go down and more number of ITAs will be issued. But there will be another problem as well, many oct/nov OINP applicants have their profile getting expired by sept/oct 2016. This will cause another huge problem for OINP.

Another problem, that applicants may face that as the number of ITAs increase in September. There will be further delay in processing of express entry applications by IRCC. More backlog again getting created at express entry level.

Nominations by other provinces are sent at normal pace, but not by Ontario. This may again create a a chain of backlogs for all the applicants, specially for OINP applicants who are really frustrated by delay in nominations.

Ontario need to start nominating candidates now or it will be too late.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
musicnlyrx said:

Just really feeling frustrated today....my profile will get expire in September and I will have to create another one.
No nominations reported on Friday. This is sad.

Well, my PCC would expire on September 3rd (I trusted OINP and I thought I will receive my nomination soon but I was wrong). I received my PCC on March 3rd and it will expire on September 3rd (6 months). I would have to go for another PCC if I don't get a nomination (and an ITA) before that. They have to start their nominations NOW - Now is the time. Today seems to be a holiday in Ontario so these guys wouldn't be working. We just have to hope that we see some progress from tomorrow. The funny thing is I though I'll submit my PR application by May 2016 - My estimate was not even close. :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Iman.G said:

• 16,768 ITAs issued

I concluded:

Your thoughts please...
Again, I fail to understand how the process will go forward if OINP issues bulk nominations. Most of the applicants who receive ITAs would be PNP applicants if OINP decides to go for bulk nominations. I saw somewhere on the forum that the file numbers have crossed 1600-6XXX which is way over the 5XXX limit (This 5000 is for all streams - EE and Non-EE combined). Why they are holding back the nominations is a mystery - I am not very sure. It would have been awesome if they had started issuing nominations from May in small batches - They would have issued nominations to November applicants by now. Its like the dam is full of water and it is on the verge of overflowing. How OINP is going to handle this is a mystery.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
musicnlyrx said:

The application is dead silence but its only been 5 months (almost) for me.

Be strong and read your signature once again! I loved it :)

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I saw somewhere on the forum that the file numbers have crossed 1600-6XXX which is way over the 5XXX limit (This 5000 is for all streams - EE and Non-EE combined).
By far the larget number reported was 38XX.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if we receive the nominations by now - we have a long wait to receive the PPR also right?

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
rohitbites said:
Even if we receive the nominations by now - we have a long wait to receive the PPR also right?
Yes about 6 months which again is a pain :(

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitbites said:
At least 6 months ( depending on how strong your application is).
1 year OINP + 6 -8 months again for PPR.

Around 18 months of my life...I am stuck to point where I can't go anywhere.
I can't spend my money as I want to...as I need to show PoF.
I can't change companies as I need to provide new set of reference letters.
I can't do anything further as it may delay my application further.

Today in the morning I was really pissed off by thinking that I am still at the start.

@Piyush....
Thanks for the positivity.
But life has been stuck to same point for last 10 months. As @Raj said he was thinking that he wold start his EE application by May 2016. I was thinking on the same line. I had thought that at least by the end of 2016, I will be in Canada.

:( :( :( :(
Frustration at its peak.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
musicnlyrx said:
At least 6 months ( depending on how strong your application is).
1 year OINP + 6 -8 months again for PPR.

Around 18 months of my life...I am stuck to point where I can't go anywhere.
I can't spend my money as I want to...as I need to show PoF.
I can't change companies as I need to provide new set of reference letters.
I can't do anything further as it may delay my application further.

Today in the morning I was really pissed off by thinking that I am still at the start.

@Piyush....
Thanks for the positivity.
But life has been stuck to same point for last 10 months. As @Raj said he was thinking that he wold start his EE application by May 2016. I was thinking on the same line. I had thought that at least by the end of 2016, I will be in Canada.

:( :( :( :(
Frustration at its peak.
I agree that it cant be more frustrating. In fact in this much time you could actually complete a part time Post Grad diploma and get a direct ITA. :(

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
I agree that it cant be more frustrating. In fact in this much time you could actually complete a part time Post Grad diploma and get a direct ITA. :(
You should expect your PPR by September...or maybe before.
Wishing you early PPR :)