+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Post sent to Purolator - 08-Jul-24
Purolator: Missed Delivery: 09-Jul-24 (I was out of station)
Collected from Purolator delivery location: 12-Jul-24

Total time: Approximately 5-6 weeks.

Finally received OCI for myself n my spouse :)

Mine & my spouse OCI application moved to processed status as of today: :cool:

In person submission at BLS Mississauga(Premium Lounge) on 29-May-24.
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUN-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-JUN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn05-JUL-2024

Jul 9, 2024
Got my OCI card yesterday. I opted for pickup from Mississauga and was successfully able to pickup from BLS Mississauga. At the time of submission they were denying that pickup facility is not available for Mississauga and I have to pay $60 per application for Purolator (I had 4), but i did not pay as it made no sense to pay $240 when i can collect it in 10 minutes. They were adamant and i said that I am ok even if it is delayed.
Yesterday, There was no pickup queue and they handed over the OCI in 10 minutes. People planning to submit in Mississauga can take note of it.
Hi I applied for OCI on JUl6 2024 with my wife and daughter and denying that pickup facility.
My question can myself collect all OCI ( Including wife & daughter) once its to be processed in AUG2024.
what documents i can take with me for collection of
1) Wife OCI ( Not going with me for collection )
2) 12 year Old Daughter OCI ( Not going with me for collection )

OR its compulsory we all need to go there for OCI collection.
3) Any idea what are timing for collection of OCI at Mississauga location.
4) what is the status when we need to go for collection.

Any help appreciated 'Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi I applied for OCI on JUl6 2024 with my wife and daughter and denying that pickup facility.
My question can myself collect all OCI ( Including wife & daughter) once its to be processed in AUG2024.
what documents i can take with me for collection of
1) Wife OCI ( Not going with me for collection )
2) 12 year Old Daughter OCI ( Not going with me for collection )

OR its compulsory we all need to go there for OCI collection.
3) Any idea what are timing for collection of OCI at Mississauga location.
4) what is the status when we need to go for collection.

Any help appreciated 'Thanks
Once the BLS status "Passport Ready for Collection After OCI Stamping", you can go in the afternoon between 3:00 - 4:30 pm (Mon-Fri)
For minor's both parents have to go and collect the OCI. Minor is not required.
You need the payment receipt and an ID (DL, Passport etc)

Please go to BLS at least an hr earlier than the doors open because of long queues

beckhsrules

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys. I recieved my surrender certificate from BLS. Its just a print out stapled out to the last page of my passport. Should i leave it that way or can take and keep the printed out page separate so that its not damaged or lost?

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
How long does it take for the status to update on OCI enquiry website. Sent my minor child's application through Purolator received at Surrey BLS on June 28th.

Application Date on BLS Site: 2024-07-08

Status: Still showing "under process". No such record found on OCI status page. Tried to call BLS, no answer.

Any Vancouver applicants here who has similar timeline? I've seen many getting Acknowledgment within a week. Is it a week from application date on BLS Site?

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
How long does it take for the status to update on OCI enquiry website. Sent my minor child's application through Purolator received at Surrey BLS on June 28th.

Application Date on BLS Site: 2024-07-08

Status: Still showing "under process". No such record found on OCI status page. Tried to call BLS, no answer.

Any Vancouver applicants here who has similar timeline? I've seen many getting Acknowledgment within a week. Is it a week from application date on BLS Site?
I am 5 days behind you. Same location for minor.
Application Date on BLS Site: 2024-07-13

Ack should come by early next week, please update when you get it.

Canada_ka_bulawa

Jul 10, 2020
Post sent to Purolator - 08-Jul-24
Purolator: Missed Delivery: 09-Jul-24 (I was out of station)
Collected from Purolator delivery location: 12-Jul-24

Total time: Approximately 5-6 weeks.

Finally received OCI for myself n my spouse :)
yeah currently it seems if the documents are in order it is taking about 6 weeks from application to OCI in hand. Which is pretty fast given the thing is actually processed in Delhi and comes back from there.

Jul 9, 2024
Once the BLS status "Passport Ready for Collection After OCI Stamping", you can go in the afternoon between 3:00 - 4:30 pm (Mon-Fri)
For minor's both parents have to go and collect the OCI. Minor is not required.
You need the payment receipt and an ID (DL, Passport etc)

Please go to BLS at least an hr earlier than the doors open because of long queues
Thanks a Lots
But last question its not possible myself only collect whole family OCI card instead of taking wife and daughter with me.

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
I am 5 days behind you. Same location for minor.
Application Date on BLS Site: 2024-07-13

Ack should come by early next week, please update when you get it.
Finally OCI Status enquiry page shows Under-Process. Date of Acknowledgment: 16th July 2024
BLS site status: Processing at Consulate General

Reactions: harish21jun

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks a Lots
But last question its not possible myself only collect whole family OCI card instead of taking wife and daughter with me.
Not possible, at least from what I know.
We as parents picked up ours and our daughter's OCI from BLS Brampton in Feb 2022. Back then they were OK for one of the spouse to pick up the OCI on behalf of the other spouse provided the other authorization letter, but I understand from other posters that even they have put a stop to that.

786sandyji

Feb 1, 2024
What are the steps to apply OCI from India? Minor son is on e-visa and want to stay in India longer than 180 days.
Please help

786sandyji

Feb 1, 2024
Registering the OCI in India. When she contacted FRRO, they opened the online application and she was told to cancel the election ID and submit the proof online. Then they approved her application and she got OCI registered. She has to show this certificate to the immigration officer at airport when she leaves India.
Also they verified her OCI and Canadian passport by visiting her home. She didn't have to go to FRRO office.
What are the steps to apply OCI from India? Minor son is on e-visa and want to stay in India longer than 180 days.
Please help

786sandyji

Feb 1, 2024
Please help