+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Hi, how long does it take for a BLS to acknowledge that they received my application? My package was delivered on July 8 but I have not received any email yet. Thank you.
Usually 10 to 14 days from the day they received your application. You can expect it next week hopefully,

Reactions: PratikD

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
For Ottawa jurisdiction, it really is about 7 weeks to get the Document Printing Status as “Processed.”

Applied June 1
Acknowledgement June 4
Document printing processed July 19

Prerakjain

Mar 7, 2022
Registering the OCI in India. When she contacted FRRO, they opened the online application and she was told to cancel the election ID and submit the proof online. Then they approved her application and she got OCI registered. She has to show this certificate to the immigration officer at airport when she leaves India.
Also they verified her OCI and Canadian passport by visiting her home. She didn't have to go to FRRO office.
Is it possible to get OCI registration certificate for minors?
How she contacted FRRO? It was in person or over call?

Simrat10

Oct 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
12-04-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
04-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2017
Hi Folks,

I submitted my application at BLS Surrey location for OCI on May 14th 2024 and the date of acknowledgment when I check status online shows May 18th 2024.
It’s been 2 months now and status is still showing to be under process.
Anyone else from Vancouver area who applied around similar timeline as me? Can you guys please update.
Thank you
Simrat

Reactions: Navs11

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Hello there, did I miss somewhere that I have to provide a name change affidavit from my local lawyer even if the order of my name changes from Indian to Canadian passport? I just went to BLS and they rejected my app saying I should provide that from my local lawyer? How and where can I find a walk-in local lawyer who can provide me the same? It almost feels like the system is set to give people who renounce their Indian Citizenship a hard time. Sorry for the mini rant, but any insight on this would be appreciated!

jamee

Jul 20, 2024
Need guidance on what things to check while getting the OCI photograph from the studio ?

1) Do I need to take a digital copy of all the photos along with the physical copy
2) How do I take the digital image of signature of all the members ?Do all the members need to sign on a page and then the photographer needs to take a digital photo of the signatures ?
3) Is it that the digital image of photo and digital image of signature are two separate files which needs to be separately uploaded ?
4)Do we need to create one pdf file for all the photos and one pdf file for all the signatures and upload (as the website does not allow more files to be uploaded ?

1. You can create a digital copy of a physical passport photo using smartphone apps like Google Photo Scanner. After scanning, use online photo editing tools, such as conversionfree or 123passport photo, to adjust the size and file dimensions.

2. You can also create a digital signature image with these tools. For children, a thumbprint is required instead of a signature.

3. You need to upload photos and signatures as two separate files.

4. Make sure that photos and signature images are in JPEG format, while other documents should be in PDF format. Each application must be submitted separately, so you need to register and upload documents for each applicant individually.

ms11

Jul 22, 2024
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has any insights that can help me make a decision (I have read the BLS website and even called them, but their information is hard to understand).

I have to renew my OCI (was younger than 20 when originally issued).

1. At what point of the process does my Canadian passport leave my hands and for approximately how long? (I need to travel for work so I need an idea of how long I cannot travel)
2. Is the premium lounge service access thing worth it? What exactly does it include? Do they fill out the application from start to end for us?

I'm considering premium since based on previous dealings with BLS, they are an absolute headache and I don't have the time to go back and forth with them or risk wasting time because one document was not uploaded with a blood sacrifice and promise of my first-born /s

dhruvd

Apr 16, 2019
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn05-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn08-JUL-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Anyone faced similar issue?
A pigeon on its migratory route would have delivered it by now.

It should not take two weeks for the document to reach Toronto from Delhi.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Applied OCI on 22/07/2024
text message on 22/07/2024 - Application has been processed at BLS center
text message on 23/07/2024 - Your application is under decisioning at consulate
BLS Tracking status - Processing at Consulate General

Is the text message above is an acknowledgement? And what would be the next set of statuses I can expect from here on?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Applied OCI on 22/07/2024
text message on 22/07/2024 - Application has been processed at BLS center
text message on 23/07/2024 - Your application is under decisioning at consulate
BLS Tracking status - Processing at Consulate General

Is the text message above is an acknowledgement? And what would be the next set of statuses I can expect from here on?
Check here for Acknowledgement - usually takes a week or so to get acknowledgement.

https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Reactions: Suryarao611

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn05-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn08-JUL-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Anyone faced similar issue?
A pigeon on its migratory route would have delivered it by now.

It should not take two weeks for the document to reach Toronto from Delhi.
I'm in the same timeline as yours.Im also wondering where is my OIC now
Any idea what to do or is it stuck somewhere?