+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am seeking assistance regarding the conversion of child's e-visa to a regular visa, with the goal of obtaining an OCI card. The child, born in Canada, entered India on an e-visa and has been staying in India. The parents are Indian citizens and not OCI holders.

We need guidance on converting the e-visa to a regular visa, including the required documents, application procedure, processing time, ideal time to apply (30-35 days before the 180-day mark), and any chances/reasons for rejection, as well as the process for applying for an OCI card, including eligibility criteria, required documents, application procedure, processing time, and whether we need to visit the FRRO office.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.
Contact FRRO see what they have to say https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
How long is the OCI application is valid if I haven't provided the documents?
Long lineups for walk-ins and no appointment available for a month. Don't want to mail documents. How long do I have to submit my documents in person?
BLS usually would ask you to reapply if there is a gap of more than 2 months between the date on your OCI online form and the date of submission at BLS( Postal applications take another 5-7 days to reflect on BLS portal).

So either book an appointment with any other close by BLS centers or do a Premium Lounge appointment.

with PL, you just need all your original documents. They take care of everything from creating the application to photo to return courier fees.

Last edited:
Reactions: adstarscream732

Can791

Dec 6, 2023
Hello everyone!

I’m planning to apply for OCI at Brampton BLS and have a quick question regarding my name.
I don’t have any given name in Canadian passport and OCI application has this column as a mandatory. What should i use in given name column as it can’t be blank?? What is acceptable as per CGI in this case? Any leads will be helpful

anyone applied and got OCI with same case?

Thank you!!

tanuj1323

Jan 17, 2024
Hello everyone!

I’m planning to apply for OCI at Brampton BLS and have a quick question regarding my name.
I don’t have any given name in Canadian passport and OCI application has this column as a mandatory. What should i use in given name column as it can’t be blank?? What is acceptable as per CGI in this case? Any leads will be helpful

anyone applied and got OCI with same case?

Thank you!!
Put XXX in the given name.

johnbarfi111

May 30, 2024
My OCI has a very curious status on the BLS website: "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" -- and there is a tracking number attached, and it seems to be on its way. However, what does this status mean? What is OCI stamping referring to? Am I required to take another step?

Reactions: Canada_ka_bulawa
Jul 10, 2020
My OCI has a very curious status on the BLS website: "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" -- and there is a tracking number attached, and it seems to be on its way. However, what does this status mean? What is OCI stamping referring to? Am I required to take another step?
Yes should arrive this week at your address. Would you mind sharing when did you apply for the OCI and which BLS center you applied

johnbarfi111

May 30, 2024
Yes should arrive this week at your address. Would you mind sharing when did you apply for the OCI and which BLS center you applied
Thank you! But what does the actual status mean--am I required to do something? I'm confused by "ready for collection after OCI stamping" -- the card is in the mail (it has a Purlator tracking number) and why it would say it's ready after OCI stamping, as if I have to do something?

I applied around the middle of May, to Brampton. By Post. About two weeks ago the status on the OCI website changed to processed, and it finally changed on the BLS website yesterday and was dispatched.

Reactions: Benicia David
Jul 10, 2020
Thank you! But what does the actual status mean--am I required to do something? I'm confused by "ready for collection after OCI stamping" -- the card is in the mail (it has a Purlator tracking number) and why it would say it's ready after OCI stamping, as if I have to do something?

I applied around the middle of May, to Brampton. By Post. About two weeks ago the status on the OCI website changed to processed, and it finally changed on the BLS website yesterday and was dispatched.
Nope if you have paid for Purolator - Purolator picks it and delivers to you. If not you need to pick it

Humitnrxjz

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
How long does it take for the status to update on OCI enquiry website after submitting in person at Surrey BLS.

I did my submission on 28 June and still showing under process on BLS website.

No record found on OCI enquiry website?

Reactions: Navs11

CCGo

Mar 5, 2024
Hi all, It is not related to OCI.

I have a query on minor kid travel with a family friend from Canada to India on eVisa. Is both parents have to provide a consent letter and any other documents? If someone has come across this kind of situation, please let me know the details.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Barfi bhai... ab India jao aur vada pav yaa chole bhature khao :p

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all, It is not related to OCI.

I have a query on minor kid travel with a family friend from Canada to India on eVisa. Is both parents have to provide a consent letter and any other documents? If someone has come across this kind of situation, please let me know the details.
Check with the airlines

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
Hello,
I recently received Canadian citizenship and a passport and have to start the process with BLS.
I wanted to enquire if I can submit a 'citizenship surrender' and OCI application at the same time or if this needs to be done separately.
Do I need to wait for the Indian citizenship surrender process to be completed before applying for OCI?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hello,
I recently received Canadian citizenship and a passport and have to start the process with BLS.
I wanted to enquire if I can submit a 'citizenship surrender' and OCI application at the same time or if this needs to be done separately.
Do I need to wait for the Indian citizenship surrender process to be completed before applying for OCI?
This question has been repeated so many times! But you just need to have an easy way out, eh? Take your time and go through the posts - people aren't going to answer same questions again and again!

You CANNOT apply for surrender and OCI at the same time. For OCI, you need to surrender your Indian Passport first as it is a requirement.

tonystark13

Jun 19, 2024
How long does it take for the status to update on OCI enquiry website after submitting in person at Surrey BLS.

I did my submission on 28 June and still showing under process on BLS website.

No record found on OCI enquiry website?
It varies from person to person. If no issues with your application, it should be 7-10 days