+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
If both of your application is at Calgary then R10 checks are 100% done.

From my understanding, applications are only transferred from CIO to VOs after R10 checks are done.

My application was transferred to CPC-Ottawa after my initial assessment(R10) was completed on December 17, 2018 :)

That's what I hope for, that the agent just wasn't right. I explicitly asked for R10 and she said not done....

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I don’t think that means there is something wrong with her application, I’m in the exact same situation, at the same visa office and they told me just yesterday everything on my file is fine without any notes of issues. There are just processing delays at the moment with a lot of applications

I don’t think anyone should make such assured statements unless they are a professional or know for sure, it just causes unnecessary stress to the person
You are right.
She made an assured statement that her R10 was not done. Instead of questioning that, I also made an assured statement.
Although, she didn't get any ghost update even after it was transferred to the VO. I would order GCMS for 2 reasons: 1. Cases seem to get transferred if there is an issue (could be something minor). But of course, it could be just a workload redistribution. 2. No ghost update, it seems something needs to be reviewed. It helps to know what that could be.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Guys one more very important information that I got from my agent ,she said gcms notes are not at all reliable and as they are from a 3rd party we can’t trust them with our information,I am just informing not saying that those who are planning to order or ordered are doing something wrong,she said IRCC never discloses step wise processing on any forum or notes.Our only way can be by a phone call that too should be done once 180 days are crossed.
All the best everyone:)

Hi,

Be informed that GCMS notes are the modt reliable source to get the info on your application. Phone call is the least reliable source. I advise to order GCMS notes post 90 days or later.

Also see that GCMS notes are not from third party, they are official IRCC notes. The only thing is that they can be applied by only a Candian PR or citizen which is a third party fir anyone living outside Canada.

Whatever your agent/consultant said ,from that I can say either she is a novice in this or she is trying to convince you falsely about GCMS notes to hide something from your application from you.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Guys one more very important information that I got from my agent ,she said gcms notes are not at all reliable and as they are from a 3rd party we can’t trust them with our information,I am just informing not saying that those who are planning to order or ordered are doing something wrong,she said IRCC never discloses step wise processing on any forum or notes.Our only way can be by a phone call that too should be done once 180 days are crossed.
Your agent is not completely right.
Notes are generated from your file and under the Privacy Act you have a right to see what's going on in your file.
I work for Federal Gov so I know how it's done.

The problem is that ppl outside of Canda cant order them directly and use the agency. That's likely what your agent was talking about.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do

Reactions: Hopeful007

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
That's what I hope for, that the agent just wasn't right. I explicitly asked for R10 and she said not done....
Did you just ask them whether R10 was completed?

You should probably ask them, if initial assessment whether the application is in order was completed? Usually initial assessment means 'R10'.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
This is not true!!

GCMS notes are not from third party but are actually generated by IRCC using your file number

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Did you just ask them whether R10 was completed?

You should probably ask them, if initial assessment whether the application is in order was completed? Usually initial assessment means 'R10'.
Yap asked with both wording-
Was initial assessment done? She said no, not started, well be done after BG
Then again I asked: So R10 have not been completed? She said no.

Maybe I just got a confused newbie who just sounded confident :D

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
The GCMS notes is exactly what the immigration agent sees when he/she opens your file. It is the only reliable way to find out your application status (except for the security part - but you can order similar notes from CBSA and CSIS if you want to know status of security).

Call center agents is not reliable. The call center agents have limited access, they don't see the full GCMS notes. IRCC does give full access to your file to them. This is why incorrect information is almost always shared by call center agents, as illustrated by several examples on this thread (for example, call center agents never seem to know when an application's eligibility is in review required state).

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018

Calling the call center is a waste of time. They just give out random, incorrect information and applicants get stressed out unnecessarily. (Lol @ the agent claiming initial eligiblity is done AFTER BG check)

R10 is 100% complete in your case. You will see it when you receive your notes.

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

The agent is definitely wrong here. The BG starts only after initial assessment. How can they start any BG without knowing your application is complete? :D

Did you get to know your VO? It's past 3 months already so your R10 is definitely done.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Calling the call center is a waste of time. They just give out random, incorrect information and applicants get stressed out unnecessarily. (Lol @ the agent claiming initial eligiblity is done AFTER BG check)

R10 is 100% complete in your case. You will see it when you receive your notes.
This is exactly what I have been saying earlier lol

How the hell can they even start BG without having the full complete application :D

R10 is definitely done. The agent probably was confused

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Thank you guys for the words of support. This was a long and stressful week.
I choose to believe that R10 is done and everything will be fine :)

Will let you know when I get the notes;)

Reactions: Ballay Ballay