14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Tashannon said:
How long does Ottawa normally take to process pr papers? We have a 2 yr old son living with me here in Canada n in a few weeks we will have another little one.

Will they consider this and maybe process his papers faster?
The official time frame from CIC says 12 months for Ottawa, but that seems to be only because Ottawa has only been open a relatively short time, so they don't enough data to make an accurate estimate. However, there is a link below my signature to the Ottawa spreadsheet where applicants on these forums have entered their information - you can see that Ottawa seems to be approving applications from May and June right now. We are hoping they will catch up on their backlog and we will start seeing better times. I am hoping we November applicants will all be able to land by the end of summer.

Sadly I don't think they consider personal circumstances at all....your file will be looked at in order of receipt and then how long any individual file takes to process is dependent on how straight forward the file is, how complete it is, if it completely convinces the officer that the relationship is genuine (or if they need to ask for further proofs), etc., etc.

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Ok thank you so much :).....any new info I get from them I will post it.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Any ideas anyone need help.......

Does an immigration lawyer help speed up your application process if they worked on it and submitted in for you. The lawyer mentioned he would get my spouse to Canada within 8-10 months can this be possible? Does the lawyer work with immigration? I'm only sponsoring my spouse I hope the process is shorter. Any input will put our minds at ease. Thank you

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
oneandonly said:
Any ideas anyone need help.......

Does an immigration lawyer help speed up your application process if they worked on it and submitted in for you. The lawyer mentioned he would get my spouse to Canada within 8-10 months can this be possible? Does the lawyer work with immigration? I'm only sponsoring my spouse I hope the process is shorter. Any input will put our minds at ease. Thank you
I'm using a representative. No lawyer or representative can speed up the processing or promise a result in your application. Lawyers don't work with immigration. The best way to ensure speedy processing is a complete and well-organized application package, for which some people are more comfortable using a representative. I would be wary of your lawyer saying "he" could get your spouse to Canada within 8-10 months. The responsibility will remain with you whether or not you used a representative/lawyer. I would suggest you stay on top of your lawyer and know your rights and responsibilities so that you know whether or not your representative is giving you bad advice. I hope s/he did not charge you exorbitant fees on any kind of promise (although if it's a lawyer, the fees would probably be high anyway...).

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
Ms Malawi said:
Hi oneandonly. I have updated the spreadsheet, can you let me know when your medicals were done?

And to everyone else, if I have missed an update please let me know.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.. I know I am looking forward to enjoying it after a long week!
Hi Ms Malawi,

Can you changed my details to application recieved on the 9th of Nov & visa office Sydney.

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
OMG, we got it.

We were expecting to hear something throuth Email. Me and my husband just checked the e-cas once and then disappointed and never checked it again. Today, I thought I should check it to see if we can get something. I was so surprised to see DM.

It said,
We received your application to sponsor XXX on November 26, 2012.

We sent you a letter on December 27, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Under the applicant's part, it said
application received on Nov. 26, 2012 and Medical results have been received.

Does that mean VO has already had our application.

So excited!! hope you guys have a quick approval.

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
Ya, they should have it. If Beijing's office works like Guangzhou's office, stab me in the eye with an icepick cause communication in nil to nothing.

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
On eCAS.... what does it mean when it says "Medicals Received"?? like.... who received it and what part did they receive? Do they mean the part that the doctor mailed in, or the sheet that was included with my application? And does it mean that it was recieved at the case processing centre in missisauga, or at the visa office i selected (ottawa)? theres still so much i dont understand..... havent heard anythoing yet but at least its only monday, hope i get something before i go back up to canada on the 19th, any advice for when i cross the border this time? last time was easy cause i over prepared myself and the officer didnt say a word to me, not even a hello lol, but this time i dont have a return ticket.... im coming back to the US because i need to work, i just dont know an exact date yet because we havent booked a flight back for financial reasons. just wanna know if theres anything i should or should not say lol

KP1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we watched many boarder security episodes over new years and from what we saw, they don't like people who lie or hide things, who don't have enough money to support their stay in the country, whose visit plan is weird like too short or long stay, strange reason, who is under the influence, who carry prohibited items, who have a bad attitude.

when i entered with my husband without a ticket leaving canada, we told our plan (to live in canada and will apply for pr) and showed the marriage paper. only question asked was what we would do if i didn't get pr. his answer was then we will go to japan. immigration said, that's what i wanted to hear and repeated i am not allowed to study or work with the visitor visa.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
blueboom said:
I'm using a representative. No lawyer or representative can speed up the processing or promise a result in your application. Lawyers don't work with immigration. The best way to ensure speedy processing is a complete and well-organized application package, for which some people are more comfortable using a representative. I would be wary of your lawyer saying "he" could get your spouse to Canada within 8-10 months. The responsibility will remain with you whether or not you used a representative/lawyer. I would suggest you stay on top of your lawyer and know your rights and responsibilities so that you know whether or not your representative is giving you bad advice. I hope s/he did not charge you exorbitant fees on any kind of promise (although if it's a lawyer, the fees would probably be high anyway...).

Thank you so much for that clarification I just hope this process won't be long

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
oneandonly said:
medicals were done novemeber 12
Mel Grover said:
Can you changed my details to application recieved on the 9th of Nov & visa office Sydney.
Hi Mel Grover and oneandonly

I will update the spreadsheet tonight! Thanks for the reminders!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bscinto92 said:
On eCAS.... what does it mean when it says "Medicals Received"?? like.... who received it and what part did they receive? Do they mean the part that the doctor mailed in, or the sheet that was included with my application? And does it mean that it was recieved at the case processing centre in missisauga, or at the visa office i selected (ottawa)? theres still so much i dont understand..... havent heard anythoing yet but at least its only monday, hope i get something before i go back up to canada on the 19th, any advice for when i cross the border this time? last time was easy cause i over prepared myself and the officer didnt say a word to me, not even a hello lol, but this time i dont have a return ticket.... im coming back to the US because i need to work, i just dont know an exact date yet because we havent booked a flight back for financial reasons. just wanna know if theres anything i should or should not say lol
It means that the results sent by the doctor to your visa office have been received and entered into the system. so at least no need to worry about that part! now once you get the sponsorship approval, your file will go to Ottawa and it will be matched with your medicals, but since you are already in the system ( as you had an AOR and you can log into ecas), then that part is already done more or less.
For the border - don't make it sounds like you don't have a plan! :) because if you appear that you don't know when you will leave Canada, the border officer might get suspicious and think that you will overstay. So just be prepared this time too: you are going to visit your husband, for 5 months let's say, and you have applied for PR. Bring the proofs ( fee receipt or sponsorship approval). Don't make it sound like you want to work in Canada ( mentioning financial difficulties etc). You're visiting your husband, and will go back to the US to work later on.
Good luck,
Sweden

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Well I just recieved some great news. I recieved an email today with my approval to Sponser. Actually kinda of blind sided me as I wasn't prepared. The email came from the OttPilot-immigration. It also said that my application had been recieved Nov 8th. I assume from this that some of the applications must have been forwarded to the ottawa branch for processing which would explain the weird processing times. At anyrate I imagine that for those that havn't heard anything yet you will probably hear something real soon.

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Hi Ms Malawi,
When you get time could you update the spread sheet to show that I recieved AOR on Nov 8th and sponsership approval January 14th.
Thanks.. :)