02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
KP1111 said:
i really want to know how cic processes files. we are still waiting!
I think if you ever find out there are lots of people that want the same inside track!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
shronak said:
Hi Ocean19 ,
as of yesterday my ecas says decision made and inside the link it says that a letter was send on dec 5th.
I saw only 2 statuses there -the first was Application recieved and then it changed to decision made. I hope that the decision is approved... I didn't get the letter yet. :-\
it's probably an approval, unless there is something apparently wrong with your file.... if the sponsor has not criminal background and either already live in Canada or has provided proofs that he intends to come back, and can show how to support the family, then it's approved - if they had doubts they would have asked you for more details... very few people get denied in stage 1, so consider yourself approved! :) did you check the Spam folder of your email? sometimes the mail ends up there - the sponsorship approval is sent to the sponsor email address, or via normal post.
Good luck,
Sweden

Alex_29

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
KP1111 said:
i really want to know how cic processes files. we are still waiting!
I don't think there is a definitive way of how they process files....at least that's from my observation.

Who knows, but maybe it depends on which visa office you are applying to....if it's going through US, UK, or other similar economies as Canada there are more trust involved, less suspicion, and easier to obtain reliable info.......but if it goes through say 3rd world countries they probably do a more thorough background investigation of the sponsor as well as of the person being sponsored, and therefore takes longer!! But I am not sure if it is true, just a speculation.......if anyone else have a better understanding of the process, maybe they can shed more light :)

Alex_29

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Sweden said:
it's probably an approval, unless there is something apparently wrong with your file.... if the sponsor has not criminal background and either already live in Canada or has provided proofs that he intends to come back, and can show how to support the family, then it's approved - if they had doubts they would have asked you for more details... very few people get denied in stage 1, so consider yourself approved! :) did you check the Spam folder of your email? sometimes the mail ends up there - the sponsorship approval is sent to the sponsor email address, or via normal post.
Good luck,
Sweden
Hi Sweden,

Quick question....would it matter what type of criminal record it is?? Is it only applicable if you have a sexual / physical abuse or violent type criminal record?? Just curious!!

According to cic: "were convicted of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences—depending on circumstances such as the nature of the offence, how long ago it occurred and whether a record suspension (formerly called “pardons” in Canada), was issued

Thank you.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
No Updates from CIC ???

She mailed the papers thro NORMAL postal delivery from Toronto to CPC-M on OCT 17.

As of today there are no updates or emails about the application.

Whenever she calls the call center -- they are just mentioning 'wait' ! We even don't know " does our application is in the system /" ? T

This really worries me... What can I do? Any suggestions other than " wait" ??

KP1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_29 said:
I don't think there is a definitive way of how they process files....at least that's from my observation.
i think so too and that frustrates us a lot

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shanmba1174 said:
No Updates from CIC ???

She mailed the papers thro NORMAL postal delivery from Toronto to CPC-M on OCT 17.

As of today there are no updates or emails about the application.

Whenever she calls the call center -- they are just mentioning 'wait' ! We even don't know " does our application is in the system /" ? T

This really worries me... What can I do? Any suggestions other than " wait" ??
Hey,

you should definitely call again and ask about your application. I don't know how long it takes from Toronto to Mississauga by normal post, but let's say, at maximum, a week. Let's assume that your application arrived on the 24th of October. Right now, they are working on applications that have been received on the 31st of October... So - your application SHOULD be in the system. Call back and insist - nicely. They should be able to give her the File number and UCI. It might not be approved yet, but it should be in the system. Ask your wife to try, and if the first time she speaks to an agent that is not willing to look for more - then politely say thanks, and call back another time - most likely she will talk to another person, and the agent might be better informed/more willing to look for info.
You can call and ask for information once the date stated on the website (here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) has passed - so that's your case. Even if you don't know exactly what date it arrived, I think it's safe to assume that it was before the 31st of October.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Alex_29 said:
Hi Sweden,

Quick question....would it matter what type of criminal record it is?? Is it only applicable if you have a sexual / physical abuse or violent type criminal record?? Just curious!!

According to cic: "were convicted of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences—depending on circumstances such as the nature of the offence, how long ago it occurred and whether a record suspension (formerly called “pardons” in Canada), was issued

Thank you.
I think you have to have a "clean criminal record". For a sponsor, depending on the type of offense, you might get away with a few minor things - the ones that would disappear from your record after 5 years for example.
For applicants, i think you need a clear one - they more picky about who they are letting in the country.
At least - that's my understanding but I don't have direct experience with that.
Good luck,
Sweden

Alex_29

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Sweden said:
I think you have to have a "clean criminal record". For a sponsor, depending on the type of offense, you might get away with a few minor things - the ones that would disappear from your record after 5 years for example.
For applicants, i think you need a clear one - they more picky about who they are letting in the country.
At least - that's my understanding but I don't have direct experience with that.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks for your reply Sweden.

shronak

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel-Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
3-12-2012
File Transfer...
5-12-2012
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
LANDED..........
Hopfully 21-03-2013
Sweden said:
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks sweden, it is an approval ;D. I got it in the mail !!!
I was concerned becouse we don't live in Canada and I didn't have an actual proof of my intent to live in canada except for telling them my plans...

BTW, does anyone knows how they decide if to send by email of by regular mail? becouse I got my AOR by email, but the approval was by mail :eek:.

Ms Malawi can you please update my sposorship approval to be Dec 5th?
Thanks
Sharona

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shronak said:
Thanks sweden, it is an approval ;D. I got it in the mail !!!
I was concerned becouse we don't live in Canada and I didn't have an actual proof of my intent to live in canada except for telling them my plans...

BTW, does anyone knows how they decide if to send by email of by regular mail? becouse I got my AOR by email, but the approval was by mail :eek:.

Ms Malawi can you please update my sposorship approval to be Dec 5th?
Thanks
Sharona
Glad to hear that! AOR is always by email, if you get one, and approval can be either email or snailmail - I think it mostly depends on the officer....
Congrats on the approval and welcome to stage 2!
Sweden

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Ok, I don't know how to quote people here, but I just wanted to thank Ms Malawi and erinblaak.
Thanks for calm me down! My hubby is also all the way from Canada saying "Ommmm" to me.

Another thing, he is coming to visit me! YAY! After 8 months apart, I don't know if I still know how to kiss...
But anyway, would it be of any help if we go to the consulate while he is here?

Thanks again, people!
You are all awesome!
I love this forum!

BTW, congrats on the approval, shronak!

serf

Oct 5, 2012
Ms Malawi said:
Hello Serf, welcome. I have added you to the November spreadsheet. Can you please advise what VO your application was sent to?

Good luck in Stage 2
Hi Ms Malawi,

Thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet.
VO is New Delhi.

Thanks

serf

Oct 5, 2012
Hi All November Applicants,

I wanted to know whether their policy of conditional PR for the spouse sponsorship, that is applied on the files from 25 th October, going to affect pace of the VO to make decisions faster.
As the condition they are putting on is the couple shall stay together for 2 years to be a regular PR, So as , they have to verify the status after 2 yrs ,May be, they will make quick decisions.

but till now, they themselves have been prolonging the couple's separation and, thus the relationship's charm and essence, by delaying or acting on the files in a slower manner, as claimed by the previous applicants.

Experts, Kindly give ur opinion.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
Last night she got the AOR email mentioning application was received on Dec 04,2012 and today morning she got Stage 1 Sponsorship approval email from CPC-M .. A big relief . Should i add my name in Dec 2012 spreadsheet.

I have some questions regarding Stage 2.

1) I belong to visa exempt country (U.S.A) , Do they process it in ottawa or send the file to Los angeles ?

2) Since i took my medical in June 2012 -- do i need to take medical exam again ?

3) I didn't attach the police certificate in the original application , can i mail it now to Ottawa office ?

Sweden said:
Hey,

you should definitely call again and ask about your application. I don't know how long it takes from Toronto to Mississauga by normal post, but let's say, at maximum, a week. Let's assume that your application arrived on the 24th of October. Right now, they are working on applications that have been received on the 31st of October... So - your application SHOULD be in the system. Call back and insist - nicely. They should be able to give her the File number and UCI. It might not be approved yet, but it should be in the system. Ask your wife to try, and if the first time she speaks to an agent that is not willing to look for more - then politely say thanks, and call back another time - most likely she will talk to another person, and the agent might be better informed/more willing to look for info.
You can call and ask for information once the date stated on the website (here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) has passed - so that's your case. Even if you don't know exactly what date it arrived, I think it's safe to assume that it was before the 31st of October.
Good luck,
Sweden