+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 0111 / 1111/1112/1114 ( May 2014 ) ( Joine here )

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trini_ac said:
Does anyone know what the job description for financial management officer under 1114 is? I'm worried I won't word it properly. Please help.
Would an "investor relations officer" be considered under noc 1114?
And besides the web description of "financial management officer" is there anywhere else a more detailed information?

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
micki said:
Would an "investor relations officer" be considered under noc 1114?
And besides the web description of "financial management officer" is there anywhere else a more detailed information?

Thanks
Hi, your current title does not matter so long as you can get a reference letter stating that you are working on the job roles matching NOC 1114. The roles stated must match those on NOC list up to 80%. See them here;
Main duties

The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Financial planners develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters; analyze clients' financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy; advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals; may also arrange for the purchase and sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability; and help to expand business and attract new clients.
Financial examiners and inspectors review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
Financial investigators investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses.
Trust officers administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts, direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
Mortgage brokers meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged, and negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, I've already read that, but I was confused because under 1114 there are two titles "financial planner" and "financial planner - personal finances" and the description of "financial planner" says "Financial planners develop personal financial plans ". So a financial planner who does not work with personal finances would be excluded, right?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
micki said:
Thank you, I've already read that, but I was confused because under 1114 there are two titles "financial planner" and "financial planner - personal finances" and the description of "financial planner" says "Financial planners develop personal financial plans ". So a financial planner who does not work with personal finances would be excluded, right?
Nope, the titles are just a guide because you have generalist financial planner and personal finances planner. As long as you can get your reference letter with the roles stated and they match those on NOC list up to 80%, you are good to go. No exclusion :)

sherzod

May 27, 2014
Tashkent
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CC charged 09.03.2015
Nomination.....
PER 29.03.2015
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SLU on 26.03.2015 but updated on 06.08.2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Seniors, please help!!!

I am confused about NOC 1111 requirements, the applicant wants to aply under NOC 1111, and has experience in the firm as an accountant, has bachelor degree of accounting and also master degree of accounting, and some short courses for financial accounting and managerial accounting.
Apart from his JD is filling minimum 80%, does he need to have the requirements below to get PR, or this requirement will be needed after arriving to Canada? And is it not enough having master degree of accounting? Does he need really to have all requirements below?

The requirement in the NOC 1111, Employment requirements:
Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a training program approved by the Society of Certified General Accountants or Society of Management Accountants and several years of on-the-job training
and
Certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Nope, the titles are just a guide because you have generalist financial planner and personal finances planner. As long as you can get your reference letter with the roles stated and they match those on NOC list up to 80%, you are good to go. No exclusion :)
Thanks, and just one more thing... I am not employed by "banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed." as stated in their directions - would that be an issue? I work in a privately owned production company.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
micki said:
Thanks, and just one more thing... I am not employed by "banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed." as stated in their directions - would that be an issue? I work in a privately owned production company.
No issue because Financial planners also work for the military, schools or in the medical field so this is no problem at all. You are good to go :)

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see 9 app in total in the spreadsheet for 1114. Would the members be willing to share their designations? As for ruchil I've already read through.

scorpio939

Sep 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO -> Manila VO
NOC Code......
1114:Other Financial Officers
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jun-2016
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
13-JAN-2015
Med's Request
22-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
18-July-2016
Passport Req..
14-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2016
LANDED..........
13-APR-2017
I work as Credit head for a branch of a commercial bank. And I want to apply under NOC 1114 as "Account Manager"

While filling up "Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)" at page # 3: 'Education/occupation detail', what should I provide for "Current occupation" ?

My functional role is 'Credit head ' & my job designation/rank is "Executive Officer". So what should be my occupation?
Some one suggested to write "Banker / Service in Bank" as Current occupation.

Or, should I put it as "Branch Credit head of a commercial bank" ?

BTW, I've written "Account Manager (NOC: 1114)" as intended occupation.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
Can someone please confirm if working as a Junior Accountant for a manufacturing company would be good enough to be considered for NOC 1111. This NOC seem to be applicable for chartered accountant and Articling student at Accounting firm (atleast thats the impression that I got)

My responsibilities would match more of the role of a bookkeeper or an accounting technician (NOC 1311) but the job title that I had was "Accountant"

I know that for FSW NOC 1111 is the only one related to my experience. I'm just wondering if I could pull off NOC 1111 with this experience.

Thanks

ruchill

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
micki said:
I see 9 app in total in the spreadsheet for 1114. Would the members be willing to share their designations? As for ruchil I've already read through.
Hii Micki
I am designated as" Key Business Manager" with Reliance Capital Ltd.

CIC will only cross check u r job responsibilities through some key words..... so dun worry abt ur designation and try to fetch reference letter from ur employer under the same wavelength required by our NO 1114.
All The Best.

lighter

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
IELTS Request
With documents
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
Inshallah waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah in April 2015
sherzod said:
Seniors, please help!!!

I am confused about NOC 1111 requirements, the applicant wants to aply under NOC 1111, and has experience in the firm as an accountant, has bachelor degree of accounting and also master degree of accounting, and some short courses for financial accounting and managerial accounting.
Apart from his JD is filling minimum 80%, does he need to have the requirements below to get PR, or this requirement will be needed after arriving to Canada? And is it not enough having master degree of accounting? Does he need really to have all requirements below?

The requirement in the NOC 1111, Employment requirements:
Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a training program approved by the Society of Certified General Accountants or Society of Management Accountants and several years of on-the-job training
and
Certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.

I am ACMA from Pakistan and have already applied for Canadian Immigration.
I am now thinking what we will do in Canada if the they allow us to come in Canada
what is the requirement of further education and time to complete any canadian education
what status they are giving to indian and Pakistan CMAs
Please comment

ttman

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
with documents
File Transfer...
20th nov 2014
Med's Request
20th nov 2014
Med's Done....
20th dec 2014
Interview........
Waived
hellooo...
ppl who have applied under 1112... has anyone heard anything yet?!? filed application on the 1st of May they received my application on the 7th of May... Is there anyway I can find out if they have started processing or need anything?

Regards
T

killer_AB

Mar 16, 2014
Hi ttman

All you can do is wait because CIC does not acknowledge the receipt of your application. However, I have seen posts in this blog where people from May 7th application has started receiving PER and their CC have been charged. You should hear from them shortly.