+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

D

Dboss

Hi all,
I stumbled on the forum in the course of my research on canada immigration. Its so nice to see a naija group here keeping it real and helping each other. Kudos to you guys.

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
MUFU said:
Make i spokens small oyinbo for here; I sincerely
It has become obvious to me that this tirades against me probabaly goes to reveal how unhappy and frustrated some persons are with my style.
I am really sorry about this, and I truly feel pity for all those who feel so bad about me :'(. Please I humbly plead with you all to tolerate my style, since not everybody can be as PERFECT as you sir.
I respect and accept everyone here as friends, and I sincerely understand the primary aim of this forum. I have learnt and benefited quite a lot from your useful suggestions and advice. I have also contributed my little quota, but you
Alagba Mufu is not here to make you angry or unhappy, Mufutau Ogedengbe is here just to put a little smile of our faces, as we go through this tedious process of our various applications.
TRULY TRULY SPEAKING!!!!!. Pa' Mufu got his PR.

@Mufu,

Congrats on your PR

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
Egbon mufu, me no like this english wey you dey take write at all oooooooooooooo.
I really dey gbadun ya real write up. WHERE IS PA MUFU ?

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Hello my Naija people, can you read in between lines of Jason Kenny's speech today. As much as he gave example of this retrospective nature of the changes coming from a positive angle, i think there may also be some other negative aspect of it which may affect applicants that have already submitted their applications, like what we just saw in the pre - Feb 2008. I think we need more prayers. Am just thinking aloud. Please read and share your comments. Views of seniors are most welcome.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-04-17.asp

ralfee

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2010
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2011
Med's Done....
started 28-09-2011 completed 01-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
soon!
Jibaba said:
my MR will not come since september last year , so on 20th February , after 2 attempts at getting it posted , i paid DHL to pick it up for me in accra , i paid 19k , wrote an authorisation letter and asked Ghana to give me a pick up time ( got Friday 1pm - 4pm) and
i did my medicals at St Marie clinic at Yaba and the Xray at Medcure Oshodi , 77K family of 4 - same day on a friday 2nd March was told that is the best day to finish up everything) . ( pls go with recent passport photographs, though there is a photo studio you can get a quickie nearby )

Got a tracking number that the medicals got to paris on 22nd MArch ! ( imagine, took clinic and DHL 20 long days ) so i was expecting to hear from accra by next month at the earliest . it looks like Canada is calling me this summer !

I pray that this april annointing will touch everyone and all dead cases would rise in the spirit of easter ! Amen

Myself and family plan to only stay a month , clear papers etc and come back to naija before final departure some months after .....i need some advice(s)

cheap airlines ( qatar or which ever ...)
short accomodation
city to land , ( since it is temporary , )
how to shorten the getting PR card and required processes etc

will appreciate your recommendation or urls i can get info .

thanks
jibaba
Hi Jibaba, and congrats in advance.
This is my first post since I landed in Calgary two weeks ago. I've been faced with flurry of activities and that's why I've not been able to post my landing experience. Responding to your questions directly:

Cheap Airlines: We are a family of 4 and we went by Emirates because it was the cheapest we could get and we also used the opportunity to stop-over in Dubai for 2 days but it was a harrowing experience at the end of the day! The Dubai leg was fun of course, but the 14-hr flight from Dubai to Toronto was delayed by 4 hours making us to miss our connecting flight later that evening and we also missed the rescheduled flight the following day. Besides, flying 14 hours no be joke! So if u can afford the extra cost, and it's much i must tell u, then go by BA, Lufthansa or KLM. But if u love 'adventure' or hard on cash, then give emirates a try.

Short Accommodation: well, that depends on the city you are moving to. But i'm sure it should be a problem. But looking for a suitable long-term apartment might be a challenge considering the fact that yo probably don't have a job and no credit records.

City to Land: of course Toronto is your best bet since most airlines fly direct to the airport and if u go by Emirates, that's their final destination. There's really nothing much you can do about fast-tracking the PR process. It will take minimum 3-4weeks. This is not Nigeria where you can 'arrange' things! :)

Most importantly, please go to a city where you know someone who can be of assistance. Please read this line again and again. If you don't know someone on ground, you'll be like a fish out of water because you have so much to battle against: culture shock, the extremely cold weather and a general sense of being lost cos u can't easily find ur way around.

This is my 2 cents and if u do not take anything away from my long story, please remember the last point. Make sure you know someone on ground!

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
congrats Ralfee and best of luck...i quite support your stance on landing in a place you have someone...go and conquer the land.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Ikemba said:
Hello my Naija people, can you read in between lines of Jason Kenny's speech today. As much as he gave example of this retrospective nature of the changes coming from a positive angle, i think there may also be some other negative aspect of it which may affect applicants that have already submitted their applications, like what we just saw in the pre - Feb 2008. I think we need more prayers. Am just thinking aloud. Please read and share your comments. Views of seniors are most welcome.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-04-17.asp
I just read the press release too, very interesting. Yeah, you were really thinking aloud. An instruction maybe released anytime from now that enables VO to prioritize some applications already received based on applicants NOC, age and language skills. For MI3, London VO processed NOC 3131 faster than other NOCs, so they might have used LVO for a pilot test. Just posted it as a topic on the general forum for more applicants to comment.

Check link below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/mi-5-maybe-released-before-01-july-2012-t102226.0.html

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Where is TheJackson?

Hope & pray that "All is well" with him.

@TheJackson, best wishes sir!

MIDAS

Feb 16, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-08-2011
IELTS Request
Filed with Doc
File Transfer...
August 2011
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
@Mufu, Congratulations on ur PR visa. I wish u n ur family resounding success in Canada IJN amen. I am still waiting for d date of celebration of this success at Ajangbadi or is it going to be c u in Canada? Stay blessed whoever u are.

MIDAS

Feb 16, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-08-2011
IELTS Request
Filed with Doc
File Transfer...
August 2011
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
@ Ralfee, Congratulations on ur safe landing in Canada, go forth n conquer d land IJN. Ur advise is quite useful n am holding on to it for when my time comes. Thanks n stay mightily favoured n blessed IJN amen.

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
nothin to write about na, even almighty accra has gone quiet too.
All we can do now is P R A Y

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
mandiebraxton said:
The house really gone quiet...... :(
Where is everybody????
*Mandie*
its because Accra has gone quiet. No report from all the MI's. Seems Pa Mufu has retired as well.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Gabil said:
nothin to write about na, even almighty accra has gone quiet too.
All we can do now is P R A Y
[/Hr]
There is only one Almighty and He is the Lord of all. However, I seem to understand what you mean. Your suggestion is good. Let's pray. When we least expect positive surprises will greet us all.
Happy day.

Where is Loolo?