+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My knowledge of getting an LMIA while working in Canada & asking your opinions.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
AAA2133 said:
There may have been less backlog, I don't know. Surely when you reister on Jobs Bank it is all automatic.

Currently my Jobs Bank registration still says Pending. When I clicked help it said "Pending means that we are waiting for you to complete your Job Bank registration."

I had a solicitor enter in all my details for me so I an kind of confused why it still says pending. Is there a process with a jobs bank? I know I won't be placed in the pool if I am not registered in time. Its getting me rather stressed to be honest.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Just heard from a friend who applied probably around end of first week of Jan and he received the confirmation to pool entry email, the next day.

So latter submissions are probably subject to further delay.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
At this point, I have to ask: Why Canada?

Judging from all the whining and complaining in here about how difficult it's become, I find it strange that you are STILL fixated on getting PR in Canada.

It's not the only country in the world you know. If it's become so hard, if you feel screwed, WHY aren't you looking at other countries already? Makes no sense that you continue picking at something that has made you feel so shortchanged. It doesn't lend originality to your real concerns.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
fkl said:
Just heard from a friend who applied probably around end of first week of Jan and he received the confirmation to pool entry email, the next day.

So latter submissions are probably subject to further delay.
I would agree with you yet I found another post discussing this and someone said they had been waiting since Jan 2nd. I can't post the link here but I searched "Job Bank Registration pending" in google and found a post in the forum saying:

"submitted my application 7:09PM on Jan 1st. I also read in this forum that someone called CIC and was sent an email afterwards. But not sure if it is the same case as us (e.g., answering yes for the job offer question)".

The link in google is called "No Email or MyCIC Message after Submission".

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@theshak,

I am inclined to say if this was the common case, there would be a lot of chatter going on around and CIC must have been taking that into consideration.

Probably it is an individual case, where there might be something wrong with the specific profile, or may be just some system fault with which only this guy got unlucky.

There is an EE sheet floating on the forum with a large number of people who have applied. I am sure there are many others who haven't updated their info there.

So it's safe to say majority has been able to apply fine. Just that if some body intends to apply at the 11th hour, we won't know if his profile would be accepted in the first draw or not.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
marcus66502 said:

Judging from all the whining and complaining in here about how difficult it's become, I find it strange that you are STILL fixated on getting PR in Canada.

It's not the only country in the world you know. If it's become so hard, if you feel screwed, WHY aren't you looking at other countries already? Makes no sense that you continue picking at something that has made you feel so shortchanged. It doesn't lend originality to your real concerns.
That is a very ignorant response when you don't know everyones backgrounds and reasons. I feel I should not even dignify you with a response but then you won't learn anything.

My girlfriend of nearly 7 years lived with me in Ireland for a good 5 years. She had to go back to Canada or she would lose her PR card which would of been a terrible considering all her family live in Canada. I decided to take to plunge and travel back with her on a work visa. My main goal is to stay with my longterm girlfriend in Canada, not for money or a better job. So no, I can't just go somewhere else.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
marcus66502 said:

welcome back...please can you say more :D

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
curious_123 said:
chill out people..every one is stressed for some reason...
It seems like everyone is worried (including me). Outside of the nasty comments above, people are just trying to get other peoples perspectives and experiences so far.

For instance, my job bank registration still says "Pending" could be sometime simple like delays or it could be a bug that I need to contact CIC about which is difficult seeing its impossible to get someone on the phone. So naturally I am going to worry as there are so many unknown variables.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
theshak said:
It seems like everyone is worried (including me). Outside of the nasty comments above, people are just trying to get other peoples perspectives and experiences so far.

For instance, my job bank registration still says "Pending" could be sometime simple like delays or it could be a bug that I need to contact CIC about which is difficult seeing its impossible to get someone on the phone. So naturally I am going to worry as there are so many unknown variables.
Welcome to this blog...we have seem it several times...Any way, i do not know why it shows pending for you...but i am seeing many people are posting the same thing...i guess its a common issue for everyone...

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
curious_123 said:
Welcome to this blog...we have seem it several times...Any way, i do not know why it shows pending for you...but i am seeing many people are posting the same thing...i guess its a common issue for everyone...
Thank you! I knew I was not completely going nuts. At least I am not the only on. The problem is its almost impossible to tell the CIC this.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
theshak said:
Thank you! I knew I was not completely going nuts. At least I am not the only on. The problem is its almost impossible to tell the CIC this.
If it's technical glitches, I think CIC will respond to it.

But regarding LMIA requirements on PGWP...maybe we can voice to our local MP, but being a government agency, I doubt they could care less.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
mf4361 said:

But regarding LMIA requirements on PGWP...maybe we can voice to our local MP, but being a government agency, I doubt they could care less.
may be we can have sort of online petition...where we can make international students sign it to show that our community isnt happy with this....

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
mf4361 said:

Do you think? I sent their technical support an email but I am not holding my breath. I had tried to call them in the past and it seems like all their numbers brings you too is a series of automatic answers that ends with them telling you to just go to the website. Its super frustrating pressing a whole much of numbers on call expecting to talk to someone at the end and getting that.