+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My knowledge of getting an LMIA while working in Canada & asking your opinions.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
marcus66502 said:
Jealous, are we?? Landed immigrant or a Canadian citizen, I think you know what the difference is ....

I'm going to spend my time however I like. As for gloating immigrant-wannabes, I'm not even going to ask you what means. I couldn't care less. I have a few opinions about my new country's immigration policies and I'm going to voice them, whether you like them or not.

I also intensely dislike foreign students in particular, especially those with Post Grad Work Permit. I think it's an abuse to issue them 3-year open work permits. If they don't want to come study here without work permits, then so be it, Bye-bye. They're not genuine students if they demand work permits and PR as a condition for coming here. They're people who just want PR, like anyone else.

They are not entitled to any special path to PR status. Their place is in the same pool as everyone else, and they shouldn't get PR without LMIA. Feeling screwed? Good! Maybe they'll decide to pack up and take their sense of self-entitlement elsewhere. I think LMIA is about the best thing that happened to Canada's immigration.

There you have it. Suck on that!
Why do you keep on repeating your self we have got your point...now go and relax on beach....

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
theshak said:
Firstly I thought it was only a draw a month, so this is (good) news to me lol. You are probably right about me freaking out a bit. My work visa does not run out till Oct 20th but I guess I want to try get an ITA as soon as possible if I can. Getting a PR card has been on my mind for a while as having an expiry date annoys me especially given it effects my long term girlfriend as well. I am also a person who has a weird quirk.

When I get something in my head I become very determined. Some examples, I wanted a black belt in Kenpo Karate I trained hard for 5 years and got it, I wanted a first class honours for my Degree, studied like crazy and got it, I wanted my work visa, researched like crazy and blasted through the process and got it very quickly. Whats ironic is I am the polar opposite with other stuff. It has to matter to me I guess.

I know with this though I will just have to suck it up, not over think it and be patient. Chances are I will be completely fine but I dread the idea of losing my long term partner over something like immigration so I over think it and over analyze.
Glad to hear you feel relaxed in some way. And congrats on your personal achievements so far.

But those are things in which the most significant element is one's individual effort. Immigration is not. It is a process in which you max stand at a higher score and submit. But then you have to wait on government processes to materialize.

Multiple steps in life ahead, you would see many things like this. Canada is better in many ways than other countries, and has similar issues in others. I can tell you that many times i have been fed up with government processes here and at others - happy with what we get. So just be patient.

Count your blessings. You don't live in Quebec, so you have to worry about moving to apply for PR or achieve advance mastery in french to apply for local PR, for which you simply don't have time. You don't have medical concerns which would worry you till the end whether your PR could be stuck or get approved. There are many hiccups in life in which we cannot get through just by hard work, although it is the admirable personal trait. Learning to recognize the difference and be patient where you have to, is another step towards maturity :p Got too dry - sorry. Would stop here.

To answer your other question, it would only get competitive once job bank is actually effective and employers start hiring in large numbers out of those. Till then, there is no comparison between the number of Skilled LMIAs issued (ignoring those who are not currently applying for a variety of reasons) vs the intake CIC has annually through PR programs.

So based upon those numbers, a small minority in each draw would be the ones with that 600. Majority for a good period of time (at least a couple years) would be without job offers. So far less worries for you.