File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
margarita esperanza said:
Alesinha said:
Hey its good to know that someone started almost as me! I submitted mine the last week of march and still haven't got any news :-X
[/quote

We are also in the same application step...it has been about 5 weeks since the constancia was received at the embassy. Checking our email every 5 minutes for good news... hopefully we will all hear soon!
Lol I know, me too... I am sure it's coming for this month :D we are really positive! Please keep me posted incase you receive something!

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
edgarsitow said:
Yes I've noticed that CIC takes about two months between interactions.

My file once again shows on eCas as "in process" and it says that they started processing it on February 27th, (they sent me the email on April 26th)

In my case they also requested for the Medicals, Police Certificates for Baja California, and two updated generic forms. I already have everything except for the PGR document, still waiting on the original letter, I'm wondering if I should take what I have now, or wait until I get the PGR document and go hand in everything at once. :-\
Hi edgar,

I think I got a bit lost they contact you on April 26th to ask you for the medicals and police certificates??

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Alesinha said:
Hi edgar,

I think I got a bit lost they contact you on April 26th to ask you for the medicals and police certificates??
Yes last Thursday I got an email asking me for the medicals, the PGR and the Antecedentes penales from Baja California.

I already have everything with me except for the PGR, I'm waiting for the letter so I can go get it and then I'll hand in everything together.

The doctor said everything is fine, so I'm not dying anytime soon LOL ;)

Also I don't know if anyone here that submitted antecedentes from another state knows, but mine doesn't have my fingerprint and it says "without photograph" because my dad got it for me (I'm not traveling to Tijuana just for that!) will this affect me? It just has my name. or is this normal?

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
my husband´s state police check from Veracruz didn´t have fingerprints or pictures. It was just a letter.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Nessa said:
my husband´s state police check from Veracruz didn´t have fingerprints or pictures. It was just a letter.
Thanks Nessa.

That's good to know, because the one from Baja California indeed has one fingerprint and a black and white digital photo. The lady said that since I couldn't be in person, they would just do it without the photo or the fingerprint. Was getting a bit worried!

I basically have everything, just waiting on the PGR letter..

memexico

Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
1) Yes, it is in Spanish and no we did not translate it.
2) My husband picked it up and dropped it off in person at the embassy.
Hi!
My fiancé will go pick up the PGR police certificate next week.
Anybody else can inform me if he can drop it off at the embassy right away? That would save us sending yet another document and some time too...
Thanks!!

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
edgarsitow said:
Yes last Thursday I got an email asking me for the medicals, the PGR and the Antecedentes penales from Baja California.

I already have everything with me except for the PGR, I'm waiting for the letter so I can go get it and then I'll hand in everything together.

The doctor said everything is fine, so I'm not dying anytime soon LOL ;)

Also I don't know if anyone here that submitted antecedentes from another state knows, but mine doesn't have my fingerprint and it says "without photograph" because my dad got it for me (I'm not traveling to Tijuana just for that!) will this affect me? It just has my name. or is this normal?
Lol thats gd to know! I submitted mine from queretaro but it was with fingerprints and photos... Where are you located?

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
memexico said:
Hi!
My fiancé will go pick up the PGR police certificate next week.
Anybody else can inform me if he can drop it off at the embassy right away? That would save us sending yet another document and some time too...
Thanks!!
Yes you can, the embassy will receive it Monday - Thursday from 8am - 12pm

Alesinha said:
Lol thats gd to know! I submitted mine from queretaro but it was with fingerprints and photos... Where are you located?
I was born and raised in Tijuana, but moved to Mexico City a month after submitting my application :)

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Gotta love the haters.

I posted a photo on my Facebook of me wearing a hospital robe with polka dots from when I went to get my medicals done on Monday with the quote "Whoever invented hospital robes had no fashion sense whatsoever!"
And I get some nice comments and a whole bunch of likes, then along comes a "friend" and says "you're still going on with that crap?" And I'm like "Yeah, already got approved :)" then she's like "but you've been on that crap for like 5 years" and I'm like "actually 2 years, so what? It's a sacrifice I have to make and it's worth it, the best decision of my life" and then she's like "are you still married? and I'm like "of course!" and she's like "duuuhhhh long distance relationships don't work" with the Spanish saying for those who understand "amor de lejos..."

Like what the hell? I don't understand, this used to be a good friend back in Tijuana and now she's being a massive hater. This is something I'm definitely not gonna miss from this country, you start moving forward and people try to drag you back, they can't stand that someone else is doing better than them. I don't know if you guys are aware of the story about the Mexican crabs, but I'm seeing this right here.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to say it somewhere, I hope you guys understand.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
mc1234 said:
Your hubby should look up Mexicanos En Toronto on this site called MeetUp! Great way to meet other Mexicans living in Toronto and surrounding areas. :)

Heres the link: http://www.meetup.com/viva-mexico/
This is so cool! I wish they had one for BC.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
edgarsitow said:
Gotta love the haters.

I posted a photo on my Facebook of me wearing a hospital robe with polka dots from when I went to get my medicals done on Monday with the quote "Whoever invented hospital robes had no fashion sense whatsoever!"
And I get some nice comments and a whole bunch of likes, then along comes a "friend" and says "you're still going on with that crap?" And I'm like "Yeah, already got approved :)" then she's like "but you've been on that crap for like 5 years" and I'm like "actually 2 years, so what? It's a sacrifice I have to make and it's worth it, the best decision of my life" and then she's like "are you still married? and I'm like "of course!" and she's like "duuuhhhh long distance relationships don't work" with the Spanish saying for those who understand "amor de lejos..."

Like what the hell? I don't understand, this used to be a good friend back in Tijuana and now she's being a massive hater. This is something I'm definitely not gonna miss from this country, you start moving forward and people try to drag you back, they can't stand that someone else is doing better than them. I don't know if you guys are aware of the story about the Mexican crabs, but I'm seeing this right here.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to say it somewhere, I hope you guys understand.
Sorry to hear Edgar! I don't like haters either! A really close friend messaged me about 3 months ago and told me I should break up with my SO who I have been with for 2 years and move back to Canada because it wasn't a good situation for a young girl to be in lol. I replied with a sweet email and have never heard back! Their loss :)

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
edgarsitow said:
Gotta love the haters.

oh that is just awful! I have had a few comments from people in Canada about this stuff too! But these people will never know what it´s like until they find themselves in a similar situation! And I would like to think that the people who go through all of this visa stuff will have a better relationship in the end! I mean if you can make it through the visa, you can make it through anything :p

So it´s best to just ignore these people, who have no clue what they are talking about.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Yeah the long distance comments don't bug me. I've gotten enough of those to become immune to them. What grinds my gears is the fact that people seem to be upset that things are working out for me. When my friend moved to Berlin, I was happy for her, when another friend got accepted at the University of Alberta for his masters, I was genuinely excited and congratulated him. It just boggles my mind how some people will be upset that someone else is doing great. And unfortunately this is something that is prevalent in Mexican culture, we can't seem to know how to work as a team. It's sad really.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
edgarsitow said:

I understand completly. As many of you know, my SO is here on a visitor visa with me. Last year, he stayed with me here for 5 and a half months and when we returned to Mexico in Jan my SO got a real dose of this. Edgar, what was your reaction after coming back to Mexico having been in Canada for so long?

It is truly then (when you return) that you see who your true friends and family are. Theres also another side to this, *some* people will now assume since you spent some time in a country like Canada you are rich! Not realizing all the costs associated with immigration. Someone actually texted us out second day there asking if we could help them get a visa and set them up in Canada?! We were shocked, to say the least!!

Even when my SO and I met and started dating, some of his old "friends" were so jealous. They said that Canadians and girls like me would never take him seriously so dont waste his time on me! How Rude! Another example of Mexicans Crabs, jaja.

There will also always be people who dont get why your going through with the visa, etc. I actually have stopped contacting a few old "friends" of mine because I just dont think I need to explain myself to anyone. One time we were at coffee talking about Mexico, and this girl goes "THERE ARE FLAT SCREEN TVS IN MEXICO?" lol! I actually didnt know how to respond. Before I left we were talking and I was saying how excited I was to be going back and she was like "I could never live in Mexico." Even though shes never even been. I responded with a smile on my face and said "Well its a good thing your staying here then" and left lol.

My 2 pesos, Haters are all over. Even when its hard, try hard not to let people get the best of you - that's what they want. Some people have no idea what true commitment and patience it takes to make an intercultural relationship work where visas are involved, and if they don't want to be educated.. well better to leave them alone with their assumptions!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Does anyone know what Epazote is called in English?? Also, does anyone know where we could find some in the Toronto and/or the surrounding areas?? Gracias!