+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alesinha said:
Ohh you are really a great support! I am really sad about the situation and I still can't believe they can make mistakes like that... I mean do they not realize they are hurting people's feelings by keeping families apart??

I am the one who is being sponsored, I am in queretaro and my husband went back to Canada a couple of months ago... So I already wrote an e.mail and I will be trying to call tomorrow... Hope this is all a misunderstanding and no more than that :(
Hope you get an answer back soon :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TSauretBaxter said:
Hello, I am sponsoring my husband from Mexico. The app was received in Mississauga on March 29, 2012. I would really love to hear from anyone on the total processing time from the time the initial app was sent in, until the PR was received. Going crazy.. So any help is appreciated :)
Welcome :).

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Oh wow! I always thought it was limited to two. Well this will make my husband happy. He'd be proud to get her a Mexican passport! Maybe when she's older.
;D

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Nessa said:
Welcome TSauretBaxter! :D
Thank you! It's nice to meet people in the same boat!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
Thank you! It's nice to meet people in the same boat!
Processing time used to be about six months. But step 1 is taking two extra months recently so I'd say 8 months maybe less.

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
canadiangirl78 said:
Processing time used to be about six months. But step 1 is taking two extra months recently so I'd day 8 months maybe less.
Yes I am still in Step 1, and the processing time keeps getting longer. On the CIC website, it says the average time for Step 2 for Mexico is 13 months... So that is what I had been expecting. 8 months total would be a breeze compared to that! :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
Yes I am still in Step 1, and the processing time keeps getting longer. On the CIC website, it says the average time for Step 2 for Mexico is 13 months... So that is what I had been expecting. 8 months total would be a breeze compared to that! :)
Mexico says in the AOR email that processing is 6 months on average. The 13 months is just how long it takes for the 80% to get done and of course some are slower for different reasons. But according to statistics, 20% finish in just 5 months. This board will help you get it done faster because you get so much good info!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
itscoezy said:
Wouldn't it be the actual med results that the doctor would have sent?
Hmm you're probably right. I suppose that helps because it says on their site that they have to contact you within 3 months of the medicals being received, so my two month timeline is fairly accurate.

I was hoping to get my COPR by mid-July so I could move back by August. The first time I went to Canada was on August of 2006 so it would've been awesome to just make it exactly 6 years after that when I finally land :p

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
canadiangirl78 said:
I typed up a response but got an error message and lost it. Grr.

I am starting to think two last names is not that bad, LOL! I am seriously tired of paperwork. Visas, passports, proof of citizenship, B4, blah blah blah.

I've started changing my name on everything, and now have two last names. My maiden name and my husbands paternal last name. I never really cared to change my last name, but since it is not common in Mexico to do that, my husband thought it was a nice gesture, and I think it's unique. Now I have the same last name our child(ren) will have since they would have taken his last name and mine :)

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
Mexico says in the AOR email that processing is 6 months on average. The 13 months is just how long it takes for the 80% to get done and of course some are slower for different reasons. But according to statistics, 20% finish in just 5 months. This board will help you get it done faster because you get so much good info!
I never landed in the top percentile in school. If life is one big bell curve, I suppose it makes sense that we're stuck in the 80%. ;) Crap!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
canadiangirl78 said:
I typed up a response but got an error message and lost it. Grr.

I am starting to think two last names is not that bad, LOL! I am seriously tired of paperwork. Visas, passports, proof of citizenship, B4, blah blah blah.

I've started changing my name on everything, and now have two last names. My maiden name and my husbands paternal last name. I never really cared to change my last name, but since it is not common in Mexico to do that, my husband thought it was a nice gesture, and I think it's unique. Now I have the same last name our child(ren) will have since they would have taken his last name and mine :)
It is nice having the same last name as the children. My friend didn't change hers so the whole family has one last name and then her another. I guess it isn't a big deal but I do like the unity. However, I would prefer one last name. =) And to make it more confusing, my last name is usually a first name! Ha!

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
canadiangirl78 said:
It is nice having the same last name as the children. My friend didn't change hers so the whole family has one last name and then her another. I guess it isn't a big deal but I do like the unity. However, I would prefer one last name. =) And to make it more confusing, my last name is usually a first name! Ha!

That is confusing.. haha Yes it's confusing to have two last names.. I feel like it takes forever to sign my name!! :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
That is confusing.. haha Yes it's confusing to have two last names.. I feel like it takes forever to sign my name!! :)
I only sign with one. Otherwise I wouldn't have room on the line! Now I know why paperwork always has a spot for "Other names you have gone by"!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
I never landed in the top percentile in school. If life is one big bell curve, I suppose it makes sense that we're stuck in the 80%. ;) Crap!
But....you will still get to the finish line! :)