Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
edgarsitow said:
Alright so I just checked my application on eCas and it says that my Medical results have been received :)

The thing is, I just handed in my documents (including my Medical report A or w.e. it's called, that little green paper) a week ago, but I had the actual exam done a month ago on April 30th, so I'm not sure if they mean the exam, or the form itself.

Hmmm...
Oh that is great Edgar!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
I typed up a response but got an error message and lost it. Grr.
Hate it when that happens :(

canadiangirl78 said:
I am starting to think two last names is not that bad, LOL! I am seriously tired of paperwork. Visas, passports, proof of citizenship, B4, blah blah blah.
I think we can all relate. I haven't done the name change but looked it up for someone else and at a high level it doesn't look that bad. Just need to explain why you want to change it and mail it off after you've lived in ON for a year. Other provinces are a much bigger pain (Quebec I think requires that you are Canadian citizen for starters...)

canadiangirl78 said:
I don't think my daughter can get a Mexican passport. You cannot hold 3 passports can you? We just applied for her US passport today. She looks mean in the photo, but that is normal right? ha ha. We had to wait an hour and a half because you have to do minor passports in person! Oh well, it is done. We ended up in secondary customs coming back from Canada. US citizens have to fly on a US passport even if they're dual citizens and I only had her Canadian passport. It was $22 for her Canadian one. $120 for US. What!
I don't see why she couldn't get it. All 3 countries allow dual citizenship (which really just means you can hold another one, not that it's limited to 2) and she could get it from her dad. Question is whether you/he want it for her (an extra passport renewal fee) to make her a full NAFTA baby.

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Oh that is great Edgar!
Guyssss!! I really need your help at this moment! I just received a letter dated may 9th asking for the constancia of antecedents registrales... The same we sent 2 months ago! :( I don't know what to do or who to call to verify this information! .... Please help!!!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alesinha said:
Guyssss!! I really need your help at this moment! I just received a letter dated may 9th asking for the constancia of antecedents registrales... The same we sent 2 months ago! :( I don't know what to do or who to call to verify this information! .... Please help!!!!
Send them a case specific enquiry. It may just be that they didn't process the one you sent before they sent the letter out but it's best to confirm.

If you have copies of the one you sent them, attach a scanned copy. Also attach any waybills or proof of receipt you may have.

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Send them a case specific enquiry. It may just be that they didn't process the one you sent before they sent the letter out but it's best to confirm.

If you have copies of the one you sent them, attach a scanned copy. Also attach any waybills or proof of receipt you may have.

Is there something faster than that?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alesinha said:
Is there something faster than that?
Try going to the Embassy and see if they'll tell you?

Calling CIC's call center won't help since they can't see files being processed in VO's. GCMS notes will take longer. And I don't know of any way of reaching someone in the Mexico immigration section by phone :( Would be great if there was another way for cases like this.

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Try going to the Embassy and see if they'll tell you?

Calling CIC's call center won't help since they can't see files being processed in VO's. GCMS notes will take longer. And I don't know of any way of reaching someone in the Mexico immigration section by phone :(
The thing is i don't live in mexico city... OMG I'm freaking out! Do youthink if I call they will be able to give me some info?

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
margarita esperanza said:
I have an Update: June 6, 2012 Passport REQUEST!!!

We just checked our email and there is is! I am soooo happy! I can hardly believe we are moving to Canada together! I'm so glad I bought the cheap tickets! LOL

I think there's a few more on their way really soon! A few of you are in almost exactly the same timeline as us...go check your email!! Suerte!!!
I am really happy for you!!! I wish you all the best!! :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alesinha said:
The thing is i don't live in mexico city... OMG I'm freaking out! Do youthink if I call they will be able to give me some info?
I don't think you'll get through to anyone if you call :(

Hence, my initial suggestion re case specific enquiry. At least that way, there's also an official record that you sent the information.

And, try not to freak out. It wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't processed the constancia yet and updated your file before someone reviewed your file and made a note asking someone else to send out the request from you. So it may just be a miscommunication given how long it takes to get letters from the Embassy in Mexico.

Just to confirm, the applicant is in Mexico? Otherwise, they may be looking for an informe that the Embassy processed.

Sending good thoughts your way...

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
OhCanadiana said:
I don't think you'll get through to anyone if you call :(

Hence, my initial suggestion re case specific enquiry. At least that way, there's also an official record that you sent the information.

And, try not to freak out. It wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't processed the constancia yet and updated your file before someone reviewed your file and made a note asking someone else to send out the request from you. So it may just be a miscommunication given how long it takes to get letters from the Embassy in Mexico.

Just to confirm, the applicant is in Mexico? Otherwise, they may be looking for an informe that the Embassy processed.

Sending good thoughts your way...
Ohh you are really a great support! I am really sad about the situation and I still can't believe they can make mistakes like that... I mean do they not realize they are hurting people's feelings by keeping families apart??

I am the one who is being sponsored, I am in queretaro and my husband went back to Canada a couple of months ago... So I already wrote an e.mail and I will be trying to call tomorrow... Hope this is all a misunderstanding and no more than that :(

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Hello, I am sponsoring my husband from Mexico. The app was received in Mississauga on March 29, 2012. I would really love to hear from anyone on the total processing time from the time the initial app was sent in, until the PR was received. Going crazy.. So any help is appreciated :)

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
missmymexi said:
oh I will update the spreadsheet for you as well :) Does anyone else have any updates that maybe I missed ?
Thank you so much for the spreadsheet!!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Welcome TSauretBaxter! :D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Hate it when that happens :(
I think we can all relate. I haven't done the name change but looked it up for someone else and at a high level it doesn't look that bad. Just need to explain why you want to change it and mail it off after you've lived in ON for a year. Other provinces are a much bigger pain (Quebec I think requires that you are Canadian citizen for starters...)
I don't see why she couldn't get it. All 3 countries allow dual citizenship (which really just means you can hold another one, not that it's limited to 2) and she could get it from her dad. Question is whether you/he want it for her (an extra passport renewal fee) to make her a full NAFTA baby.
Oh wow! I always thought it was limited to two. Well this will make my husband happy. He'd be proud to get her a Mexican passport! Maybe when she's older.