Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
wansunika said:
Hi everyone!

I'm also sponsering from Canada my husband who lives in Mexico. We received the AOR from Mexico a week ago, but the link for the Constancia de Antecedentes Regístrales was wrong :( From what a was reading on the posts, they should send us a Carta de solicitud, so we can proceed at PGR. But in the AOR they didn't mentionned anything about the Carta de solicitud . Anyway, I sent them an email and I am waiting for a reply...

Also, I'm kind of preoccupied and confused about the requierements to get the Constancia done. Can we get it or not with the Precartilla? My husband doesn't have the Cartilla... not even the Precartilla. From what I understand it's fast and easy to get the Precartilla but will the PGR accept it or not?

Thanks for your help!
Sorry I can't help you but someone else will. I have a question though - how long did it take for you to gear from the Mexico visa office?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wansunika said:
Hi everyone!

I'm also sponsering from Canada my husband who lives in Mexico. We received the AOR from Mexico a week ago, but the link for the Constancia de Antecedentes Regístrales was wrong :( From what a was reading on the posts, they should send us a Carta de solicitud, so we can proceed at PGR. But in the AOR they didn't mentionned anything about the Carta de solicitud . Anyway, I sent them an email and I am waiting for a reply...

Also, I'm kind of preoccupied and confused about the requierements to get the Constancia done. Can we get it or not with the Precartilla? My husband doesn't have the Cartilla... not even the Precartilla. From what I understand it's fast and easy to get the Precartilla but will the PGR accept it or not?

Thanks for your help!

The requirements from the PGR are at http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

You'll need ID, comprobante de domicilio, cartilla (according to the requirements although if you go back a few pages you'll see some folks were exploring the precartilla alternative and they will surely chime in when they see your post), birth certificate issued this year, photos, and proof of payment to the PGR to make the request. They will process the request and send you to get your prints taken and then your partner can pick it up 10 days later.

You can call them - once you reach someone, I found they were very helpful in walking you through the requirements. I just realized the website no longer says the acts de nacimiento tiene que ser emitida en el año en curso and they made it more graphic - double check because they used to be very picky about that!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
And in retrospect ... all of my husband's communications with CIC Mexico have been in Spanish (hello!!!)
Yes - the LES (locally engaged staff) tends to be the ones replying to emails so that's understandable :). They also prep the files for the Officers who ultimately review all the documents and take the decisions.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
wansunika said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks for your help!
He HAS to get the precartilla.. I dont know where you two are in Mexico, but my SO got his recently in Cancun and it took about a week. The PGR will accept the precartilla, but having no precartilla they will not issue the PGR. My advice: Go and get the precartilla, asap!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
For the translation conversation, I only translated what they stated needed to be done i.e important documents such as birth certificate, police check, etc. We have some secondary evidence in Spanish (Our Blockbuster card, Costco card, and bank contract from Mexico) as is and will not be translating it.We figure its more additional evidence since we already have so much in English.

They wouldn't ask you to translate something if it was not important for them. I am really hopeful that our application does not have any delays and don't want to risk doing something that may create delays in our application which is why I went ahead and got the translations done. Its all personal choice! I think only important documents should be translated, ones that aren't vital for your case is up to your own discretion IMO.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Question:

On the region specific guide under the passport section it says "If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa for the country in which you currently reside."

So if my SO is here with me in Canada while we wait for his PR, should we include a copy of his multiple entry visa to Canada? Or are they talking about people born in Mexico but have lived in another country for a long time? Because technically he is just visiting here.

Thanks.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Question:

On the region specific guide under the passport section it says "If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa for the country in which you currently reside."

So if my SO is here with me in Canada while we wait for his PR, should we include a copy of his multiple entry visa to Canada? Or are they talking about people born in Mexico but have lived in another country for a long time? Because technically he is just visiting here.

Thanks.
It depends on the visa office you selected.

You do not need to include it if you are applying through the Mexico Visa Office (as he is just visiting you in Canada). They are referring to people who are citizens of Country A but live in Country B and are applying through the visa office in Country B (or in country C based on the fact that they live in County B).

If, however, you are applying through Buffalo, and not Mexico City, based on his status in Canada then you do need to include it.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
wansunika said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks for your help!
Hi! I also got the AOR about a week ago, and haven´t gotten the letter yet! It hink they mail it through regular mail so you should get it soon!

There was some confuison a while back about the precartilla and the cartilla...But now it has been confirmed that they will accept the precartilla!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
OhCanadiana said:
It depends on the visa office you selected.

You do not need to include it if you are applying through the Mexico Visa Office (as he is just visiting you in Canada). They are referring to people who are citizens of Country A but live in Country B and are applying through the visa office in Country B (or in country C based on the fact that they live in County B).

If, however, you are applying through Buffalo, and not Mexico City, based on his status in Canada then you do need to include it.
kk thanks we are applying through Mexico City. What are the requirements to apply to Buffalo?

wansunika

Apr 15, 2012
mc1234 said:
He HAS to get the precartilla.. I dont know where you two are in Mexico, but my SO got his recently in Cancun and it took about a week. The PGR will accept the precartilla, but having no precartilla they will not issue the PGR. My advice: Go and get the precartilla, asap!
Thanks mc1234!

I spoke with my husband today and he'll go for the precartilla this week.

wansunika

Apr 15, 2012
Nessa said:
Hi! I also got the AOR about a week ago, and haven´t gotten the letter yet! It hink they mail it through regular mail so you should get it soon!

There was some confuison a while back about the precartilla and the cartilla...But now it has been confirmed that they will accept the precartilla!
I'm glad for you! It's always nice to know that the process is going foward. We're also waiting for the letter and hope they'll send it to the right addres. In the AOR that we received by email, the address on the paper was not up to date... even if we informed them of the change!!! My husband was living with me in Canada, but after a removal order he had to go back to Mexico... We don't want them to send the letter to Canada. Anyway, I sent them a new email to let them know. Now we're crossing fingers...

wansunika

Apr 15, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
You'll need ID, comprobante de domicilio, cartilla (according to the requirements although if you go back a few pages you'll see some folks were exploring the precartilla alternative and they will surely chime in when they see your post), birth certificate issued this year, photos, and proof of payment to the PGR to make the request. They will process the request and send you to get your prints taken and then your partner can pick it up 10 days later.

You can call them - once you reach someone, I found they were very helpful in walking you through the requirements. I just realized the website no longer says the acts de nacimiento tiene que ser emitida en el año en curso and they made it more graphic - double check because they used to be very picky about that!

Thanks for the hints! We'll make sure to call them before we go.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
wansunika said:
I'm glad for you! It's always nice to know that the process is going foward. We're also waiting for the letter and hope they'll send it to the right addres. In the AOR that we received by email, the address on the paper was not up to date... even if we informed them of the change!!! My husband was living with me in Canada, but after a removal order he had to go back to Mexico... We don't want them to send the letter to Canada. Anyway, I sent them a new email to let them know. Now we're crossing fingers...
They always seem to do that, I informed them of my new address at least 5 times (without exaggerating) and they sometimes sent info to the wrong address, and sometimes they would send it to the right one. the problem is that the "wrong" address is in Tijuana!! and I live in Mexico City! last time it took a month for the snail mail to finally deliver that letter.

If I were you I'd rather have them send the letter to Canada, since it arrives faster and then I'd pay Fedex or UPS to send it to Mexico overnight, lol.

wansunika

Apr 15, 2012
edgarsitow said:
They always seem to do that, I informed them of my new address at least 5 times (without exaggerating) and they sometimes sent info to the wrong address, and sometimes they would send it to the right one. the problem is that the "wrong" address is in Tijuana!! and I live in Mexico City! last time it took a month for the snail mail to finally deliver that letter.

If I were you I'd rather have them send the letter to Canada, since it arrives faster and then I'd pay Fedex or UPS to send it to Mexico overnight, lol.
It really arrives faster in Canada?!? Well... it's kind of too late, I sent them an email with the addresses and don't want to confused them up more... lol

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
wansunika said:
It really arrives faster in Canada?!? Well... it's kind of too late, I sent them an email with the addresses and don't want to confused them up more... lol
Well the IAD (Immigration Appeal Division) sent a letter to my wife on Feb. 8th and she got it on the 17th.

In comparison I just got my electricity bill in the mail......Dated March 10th :-X