Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Hey nessa,

I dont know the answer to question one (but would love to find out the answer) but for number two, I am pretty sure I read a few pages back that you can pick it up and then drop it off at the embassy during the times that they are open :D Whats the wait time for the PGR right now?
It takes the PGR 10 days to process the antecedentes.

Re question 1, the CIC guide says to translate PCCs in general, however I know folks who didn't last year and were fine. I think that's because the Canadian Embassy in Amexico is super familiar with the forms and process them themselves. I'd drop if off at the Embassy, keep a copy so you can translate it if they ask for it.

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
Nessa said:
hey guys!

I have some questions about the constancia from PGR.

1)I imagine it will be in Spanish right? So do I need to get it translated before sending it to the embassy?

2) When we go to pick it up, can we just head on over to the embassy and drop it off in person or do we have to send it by mail?

The guide that the main CIC website provides to track all docs you send in does say to translate everything; however, that's a generic guide/checklist. If you go to the Mexican embassy site, they do say that anything not in "Spanish, English or French" needs to be translated. When I did my PR application, the only doc translated was a letter from me mum; everything else I just sent as is. Unless they've changed the rules (which I doubt since it still said that a couple months ago), it seems any official docs can go untranslated.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
NAFTA.couple said:
The guide that the main CIC website provides to track all docs you send in does say to translate everything; however, that's a generic guide/checklist. If you go to the Mexican embassy site, they do say that anything not in "Spanish, English or French" needs to be translated. When I did my PR application, the only doc translated was a letter from me mum; everything else I just sent as is. Unless they've changed the rules (which I doubt since it still said that a couple months ago), it seems any official docs can go untranslated.
Interesting. So I guess that is why they didn't care we didn't translate my husband's birth certificate. Do you think we should have it translated and send it to Mexico City to meet up with our app?

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
canadiangirl78 said:
Interesting. So I guess that is why they didn't care we didn't translate my husband's birth certificate. Do you think we should have it translated and send it to Mexico City to meet up with our app?
I'd wait to hear from them, since you will no matter what -- meaning the next step is to get from CIC the request for whatever else you need to send, such as police clearances, etc.
From reading this forum the last 15 months or so, it seems that CIC is pretty good at giving people notice and time when something is missing, and I've never seen a comment from anyone about the application being rejected or sent back just because a doc was missing at first (original or translation). It is only when people don't ask for an extension or simply mess up and don't send the requested docs in that CIC says no to the whole thing.
Anyone have a different experience? I remember when I did my PR thinking that it made no sense to have everything translated because the visa office personnel has to be expert when it comes to the many official docs for their assigned country, and of course they have to speak the local language.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
It's probably also hit and miss...as if you look at the mexico specific guide here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf)
it says:

If your documents are not in English or French, include an accurate translation with a copy of the originals. Failure to do so could result in substantial processing delays.
it also states below:

If there is a conflict between this guide and any other versions or publications, this document and its instructions take precedence and are to be followed.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
itscoezy said:
It's probably also hit and miss...as if you look at the mexico specific guide here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf)
it says:

If your documents are not in English or French, include an accurate translation with a copy of the originals. Failure to do so could result in substantial processing delays.
it also states below:

If there is a conflict between this guide and any other versions or publications, this document and its instructions take precedence and are to be followed.
I think the keyword up there is "COULD" lol. So if you want to make it as fast as possible into Canada with no delays I would recommend sending in a translation in advance. If you have time to spare and can wait for the request if the officer is having a bad day, then wait it out :)

sad143

Aug 7, 2011
Hello, please can anyone inform me aBout the arc process... We got an email from the embassy about the arc instructions but there is no actual application, there's is a link but we r not able to open it, where can I find an actual application , where do we have to send the application and where can we pay the fees? Please anyone??

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
NAFTA.couple said:
I'd wait to hear from them, since you will no matter what -- meaning the next step is to get from CIC the request for whatever else you need to send, such as police clearances, etc.
From reading this forum the last 15 months or so, it seems that CIC is pretty good at giving people notice and time when something is missing, and I've never seen a comment from anyone about the application being rejected or sent back just because a doc was missing at first (original or translation). It is only when people don't ask for an extension or simply mess up and don't send the requested docs in that CIC says no to the whole thing.
Anyone have a different experience? I remember when I did my PR thinking that it made no sense to have everything translated because the visa office personnel has to be expert when it comes to the many official docs for their assigned country, and of course they have to speak the local language.
The next step for us will be PPR and I don't want to delay that since we will be living in a mostly empty house.

M

mrandmrsromero

NAFTA.couple said:
I remember when I did my PR thinking that it made no sense to have everything translated because the visa office personnel has to be expert when it comes to the many official docs for their assigned country, and of course they have to speak the local language.
Well, thank you for that. I was beginning to think I'd quite lost my mind with all this translation business.

Way back in the olden days of our application submission we had the Mexican marriage certificate officially translated - thinking that if any particular official document needed verification/translation - that would be The One ! We did not have my husband's Mexican birth certificate translated, or any correspondence that happened to be in Spanish. Sent in everything "as is". I think we were so concerned with getting the marriage certificate done quite frankly we didn't consider any of the other stuff. And in retrospect ... all of my husband's communications with CIC Mexico have been in Spanish (hello!!!)

Even if all that has changed in the recent history of CIC Mexico, rest assured that if there is a translation they really really want, it WILL be requested. Based on our application experience, that is my two cents (less tax).

M

mrandmrsromero

Nessa said:
hey guys!

I have some questions about the constancia from PGR.

1)I imagine it will be in Spanish right? So do I need to get it translated before sending it to the embassy?

2) When we go to pick it up, can we just head on over to the embassy and drop it off in person or do we have to send it by mail?
1) Yes, it is in Spanish and no we did not translate it.
2) My husband picked it up and dropped it off in person at the embassy.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
mrandmrsromero said:
if there is a translation they really really want, it WILL be requested. Based on our application experience, that is my two cents (less tax).
That's so true romero. I might reconsider all these translations! I have 16-18 papers (we are waiting on one more document to arrive) and the cost of translations alone are more than 4 immigration medical exams! ugh :(

Debora

Apr 14, 2012
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!
I am a Canadian citizen (from Québec) who moved to Mexico City in October 2011 to be with my husband (we married here in Mexico in January 2012)... My question regarding the Family Class Sponsorship is:

Is it true that I have to do my 2011 taxes before sending in my sponsorship forms??

wansunika

Apr 15, 2012
Hi everyone!

I'm also sponsering from Canada my husband who lives in Mexico. We received the AOR from Mexico a week ago, but the link for the Constancia de Antecedentes Regístrales was wrong :( From what a was reading on the posts, they should send us a Carta de solicitud, so we can proceed at PGR. But in the AOR they didn't mentionned anything about the Carta de solicitud . Anyway, I sent them an email and I am waiting for a reply...

Also, I'm kind of preoccupied and confused about the requierements to get the Constancia done. Can we get it or not with the Precartilla? My husband doesn't have the Cartilla... not even the Precartilla. From what I understand it's fast and easy to get the Precartilla but will the PGR accept it or not?

Thanks for your help!