Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
missmymexi said:
Here is a question i am sure we all have and there probably is no good answer but what the hey !

If you are applying outbound and you request an ARC can that person return to Canada and wait out the rest of the process here with permission or is this just a dream ?
It's a dream. You can request an ARC if you want, but it will be denied since there are no compelling reasons (you haven't been approved yet)

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Also, let me join in on the conversation! I created my profile a few years back (when I first started my process) I'll let you know how it's going so far. I applied outland and everything has been a nightmare! I'll try to summarize my case to the best of my ability.

*Application sent ---> September 2009
*Application received and started processing in Mexico City ---> November 2009
(I moved to Mexico City in October so I could be next door to the embassy, which brought more problems since they never bothered to update my mailing address despite the numerous letters and emails, they kept sending everything to Tijuana)
*Interview at embassy ---- > March 2010
(The lady was very rude and condescending, to the point where I believe she already was planning to deny me, I requested my interview to be in English and it was in Spanish despite my request)
Letter received (In TIJUANA!! after several months) ----> June 2010 DENIED, No instructions for appeal included.
Requested instructions for appeal through emails and letters. Nothing, no reply.
Sent a very straightforward email telling them I never received the appeal instructions (made it clear I was pissed) ---> Got Appeal Instructions.

Sent appeal Application ----> September 2010
Appeal Hearing ------> January 9, 2012 (APPROVED)

I was visiting my family in Tijuana, They called me and the judge and minister talked to me, they were very nice, the judge was even cracking up jokes, two minutes after I hung up my wife called me to tell me that I had been approved and that I could go back :D

Now this is where I am so far..... They sent her a letter with the decision and the reasons for allowing the appeal. The date on this letter is February 8th 2012. She got the letter on February 17th (her birthday ironically). I went to the embassy and wrote a letter with the excuse of my new address and told them there that the appeal had been allowed, and if they could advise me what were the next steps.

Now here's my dilemma.... When should I contact them again? I was thinking of sending them an email with a scanned copy of the decision and also going directly to the embassy and give them a copy, I was thinking to wait until the beginning of April, I know I'll have to get that Federal police certificate or whatever it is, and also that I'll need to renew my medical exams.... and possibly an ARC, that's what I hate the most.

Background info on me:

I moved as a minor with my family (dad, stepbrother, stepmom) to Canada and my dad applied for Refugee status, it was denied as well as Humanitarian and compassionate grounds, we didn't apply for the PRRA, we left voluntarily after this and we paid for out own tickets to get back home. Now according to this I would need an ARC, but I've read some conflicting laws saying that only the main applicant (my dad) needs one. Not even the embassy knows, they told me on an email (I still have it) that I didn't need one, but that an error in the system was saying I needed one, they advised me not to travel to Canada while they fixed it, when I asked again about the status, they told me that I did, in fact need one, but that they wouldn't charge me for it. When I had my interview at the embassy the lady told me that they would let me know if I needed one when they send me the decision by mail, they didn't include that. so I'm confused as to whether I need one or not.

I really hope I don't, considering all the terrible stories of people getting the ARC denied, and having to appeal AGAIN for them to give it to you, this is just so confusing, I've been at this for 2 and a half years.

If I can help anyone in anyway, let me know, and if anyone has any input on my case, I will appreciate it.

Edgar

R

robrod

I would get your wife to contact her local MP to enquire about this whole thing.
And definitely go to the Embassy and show them that appeal decision as well and press them for your visa.
But then again, knowing how humans can be and especially down there, pressing them to do their job can have an opposite effect.
Hence my advise of your wife contacting her MP and press from Canada instead.
Best of luck, Edgar. But it looks like it's just matter of time for you to come back to Canada as a PR.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
edgarsitow said:
It's a dream. You can request an ARC if you want, but it will be denied since there are no compelling reasons (you haven't been approved yet)
Yep, thats what i thought, oh well shot in the dark

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Is there a Mexico spreadsheet I can look at?

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Hey Robrod, thanks for your reply!
Yeah I'm hoping it's just a matter of time as well. I just find it funny how waiting for the PR gets more unbearable once you know you've been approved. :D I was being so patient until January 9th when I found out the decision haha.
I'll use the two month rule. If I don't hear anything by April 8th, I'll send them a letter and an email.

I'm sorry missmymexi :( Just be patient (I should be following my own advice ha!) and wait it out. Don't let your hubby travel to Canada if you need an ARC, I tried and got (kindly) sent back the next day. They weren't sure if I needed one of not, but just to be sure they didn't let me in.

Sleeping at a detention centre is NOT fun, though I had cable TV and gained like a kilo from all the food they gave me, but I was treated so nicely because I spoke English, the poor handcuffed Chinese guy next to me didn't do so well. :(

Canadiangirl78 I haven't heard of anything like that. Most of the info I know of immigration is through months of reading threads in this forum.

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
Is there a Mexico spreadsheet I can look at?
Most posters in this thread have typically been putting their timelines in the info section under the name. Another option is checking out trackitt for timeline comparison purposes: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

R

robrod

Good to know they treated you well and fed you better than the Hungry Meals I have eaten on the outside, Edgar... hehehe.
The rule of 2 is a wise option, the best in my opinion. And yes, it gets quite impatient once you know the end of the tunnel is near, that's how I felt myself when I waited 2 full months for the letter from my local office for the landing interview and then one full more month for the appointment itself!... The day my landing came, it went so fast and smooth!. I will always remember it well and the moment is so precious...
Hang in there!.
Rob.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
mrandmrsromero said:
Most posters in this thread have typically been putting their timelines in the info section under the name. Another option is checking out trackitt for timeline comparison purposes: trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class
Neat website!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
itscoezy said:
Neat website!
itscoezy said:
Neat website!
This is totally awesome, thank you for sharing, seems the average time for the approved applications is between 6 - 8 months, that certainly is positive !

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
Guys I need your help, I received this from cic mexico today in email for sponsor application for my common law:

Dear Applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada at our office. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
Copy of lease or any other evidences showing that you and your sponsor lived at the same address for one year.·
Evidences of joint bank account, insurances, etc

I do not have any documentation, other that a few mails and costco card that we had in our name. Kindly advise what else can I send?

Thanks

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
lv1234 said:
Guys I need your help, I received this from cic mexico today in email for sponsor application for my common law:

Dear Applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada at our office. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
Copy of lease or any other evidences showing that you and your sponsor lived at the same address for one year.·

I do not have any documentation, other that a few mails and costco card that we had in our name. Kindly advise what else can I send?

Thanks
Have you lived together for one year? Where? Get a letter from the landlord.

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
I think you need to send them everything you have !

Plane tickets
Passport seals
Bank statements
School receipts
Invoices
Friends / Family /Landlord Affidavits (Include phone Numbers)
Gym membership
Anything that has your address and her/his name

And a good letter with an explanation of why she/he is not listed in your lease.

The more the better.

If my memory is right you are applying common law, I think they want proof that you guys have been together for a year

Good Luck

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
lv1234 said:

Dear Applicant,

Thanks

We had the same issue as my landlord would only put one name on the lease, that being mine since i had the housing reference ect. What we did is got letters from our neighbors verifying that he lived there, we also had some dentist bills that had been sent to our address and other documents such as money transfers to his daughters that show our address. Immigration also picked him up from our house, so i guess that would be good proof too !

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Do you have anything else..a bank account would really help at this point, even a letter stating that you two have one and a few copies of the statement, affidavits, insurance (car or life), anything substantial that shows you two are starting to build a life together would help.