Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
New question: I mailed my husband's a trv application on feb29. I mailed it DHL and it arrived pretty quickly. I didn't used VAC or whatever it's called since we are in the US. I tried including a prepaid return envelope but DHL said I couldn't. How is it mailed back to me? I am expecting rejection as I found this board and read about how hard it is to get hours after I mailed it. But I'm anxious for an answer and to have my husbands passport back. Any info would be appreciated.
When we sent ours in, DHL had a service (I think) 250 pesos (roughly 25 dollars) and it included a prepaid waybill to send back.. I would send one asap or else I think they will put it in the Mexican mail :/ and mexican post is famous for loosing things.. why wouldnt DHL let you buy a prepaid waybill for return :S

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
When we sent ours in, DHL had a service (I think) 250 pesos (roughly 25 dollars) and it included a prepaid waybill to send back.. I would send one asap or else I think they will put it in the Mexican mail :/ and mexican post is famous for loosing things.. why wouldnt DHL let you buy a prepaid waybill for return :S
You are in Mexico right. DHL here in the US said they don't allow prepaid international envelopes. Nothing in the application said to send postage or a prepaid envelope. Only if you used VAC.

When we got the first PR which we had to let expire - they mailed it in a brown envelope that we did not supply. I think it was Canada Post come to think of it. So I think the Canadian embassies have their own mail system. Kind of like US military still have a US post system even in Iraq, Japan etc. Hmm.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
You are in Mexico right. DHL here in the US said they don't allow prepaid international envelopes. Nothing in the application said to send postage or a prepaid envelope. Only if you used VAC.

When we got the first PR which we had to let expire - they mailed it in a brown envelope that we did not supply. I think it was Canada Post come to think of it. So I think the Canadian embassies have their own mail system. Kind of like US military still have a US post system even in Iraq, Japan etc. Hmm.
Noo I am in Canada, my SO is here with me :) Oh, thats awesome then.. Maybe they will do that again.. Maybe you could send an email to the embassy to ask what you should do?

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
When your labeling the photos, do you say this is Spouses brother, or Mom, or better to say their actual names??

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
I put actual names and on the first few pictures I would put the name and then example (name´s mom) in parenthesis.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Nessa said:
I put actual names and on the first few pictures I would put the name and then example (name´s mom) in parenthesis.
Thanks, I ended up doing that too!

@ Grice, any update with your husband and the PGR?

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
sorry guys luck off sleep...... too much on my mind..... :'(
yeah my hubby is going to see them on monday with all the papers and right after to the canadian embassy we are going to try to get a written letter from PGR, please give a prayer for US....
question i was able to send a email to my MP
but got no response back should i send her another email?

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
gricelanora said:
yeah my hubby is going to see them on monday with all the papers and right after to the canadian embassy we are going to try to get a written letter from PGR, please give a prayer for US....
I contacted 2 MP's last summer about immigration and I receved a response back from both of them within a week. It wasn't them but representatives responding on their behalf. You definitely won't hear back right away.

Goodluck on Monday, hoping everything goes smoothly for you.Looking forward to hearing what happens

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
gricelanora said:
Hoping everything works out.. Your in our thoughts!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
itscoezy I think your next to hit HERO member, lmao. :D

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Nessa said:
Just guessing but I think the cartilla liberada is completely independent of actually joining the military or whatever...

here in mexico military service is required for all males when they turn 18...I was told something about how there is a random draw where they take out blue green or black marbles. If you get a black one you don´t have to actually do the service, you just have to go every month and get your papers signed. If you get blue you have to do like 10 months of service in the marina and if you get green in the army.

If you don´t do it when you are 18 then you no longer get the opportunity of getting a black marble.

So I think it would be possible to have the cartilla liberada and then later joining the military.
This is what my fiance told me about it as well, seems crazy but apparently its true

x2012

Mar 1, 2012
Re: Mexico CURP

Hello forum

I'm like all of you looking for information about filling documents.

I need help from any Mexican here or anyone who knows the answer

Today's question is concerning the National Identity Document section in the Generic Application Form.

I'm from Mexico, I have made a research and our National Identity Document is the CURP (not IFE), for USA immigration forms it's needed to write down the CURP because it's printed in our passport.

The matter is in the ISSUE AND EXPIRY date, the CURP DOESN'T have an expiration date! neither issue date, because we basically gets the CURP since our birth day and it's valid for the whole life.

What did you put here?

x2012

Mar 1, 2012
I forgot some more questions

*While I'm filling they ask me about my FAMILY MEMBERS, are my parents and brother part of the family members? do they need to go through medical examination?

*How about medical examination? I have read and found that "Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office."

I have read until page 16 in this forum and some of you have sent the medical examination with the initial application to avoid delays. How can i do that? We haven't sent the application to Mississagua. What will happen if I go to the doctor now and he sends the results automatically to the Mexico City office when the Mexico City don't even have my application?

*Do I need to send in my application all my documents translated and LEGALIZED??

Sadly Canada is not a member of the Apostile and we need to legalize :S I understand the most important documents are State Police certificate, Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate, do i need to legalized all of them before submit my application?

While I'm filling the form I found notes like:

"If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit it along with your application."
"you there is not enough space you can use additional sheet"
"on a separate sheet of paper provide any additional details...."
"If you need more space, attach a separate sheet of paper."
"you must write an explanation of what happen in the space provided. If you need more space, attach a separate sheet of paper."

I need more space in some forms, example in the question 8 of the Schedule A BackgroundDeclaration IMM5669E form. Should I print additional copies ONLY of the page 2 where the question 8 is? or a white letter-size paper with the additional information is enough?
I'm asking because in the cic webpage I found I only need to use official forms.

I will be so thankful by your answers.

Thanks

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
x2012 said:
I forgot some more questions

*While I'm filling they ask me about my FAMILY MEMBERS, are my parents and brother part of the family members? do they need to go through medical examination?

*How about medical examination? I have read and found that "Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office."

I have read until page 16 in this forum and some of you have sent the medical examination with the initial application to avoid delays. How can i do that? We haven't sent the application to Mississagua. What will happen if I go to the doctor now and he sends the results automatically to the Mexico City office when the Mexico City don't even have my application?

*Do I need to send in my application all my documents translated and LEGALIZED??

Sadly Canada is not a member of the Apostile and we need to legalize :S I understand the most important documents are State Police certificate, Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate, do i need to legalized all of them before submit my application?

While I'm filling the form I found notes like:

"If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit it along with your application."
"you there is not enough space you can use additional sheet"
"on a separate sheet of paper provide any additional details...."
"If you need more space, attach a separate sheet of paper."
"you must write an explanation of what happen in the space provided. If you need more space, attach a separate sheet of paper."

I need more space in some forms, example in the question 8 of the Schedule A BackgroundDeclaration IMM5669E form. Should I print additional copies ONLY of the page 2 where the question 8 is? or a white letter-size paper with the additional information is enough?
I'm asking because in the cic webpage I found I only need to use official forms.

I will be so thankful by your answers.

Thanks
Hi and welcome!

About the CURP...I´m not sure because I can´t remember the form...but are you given the option of using a different ID like a passport? If so I would use that.

Let me see if I can answer some of your other questions

-Family members that would need to go for the medicals are only your spouse (if they are also mexican and you plan to sponsor them later), and any dependent children.

-Medical exams are done before you send in your application. You need to look on the list of doctors that are authorized to do the exams, and find one near where you live. The doctor will mail your results for you. And they will give you like a reciept/form thing that you will send with your application to show that you have done the medical exam. Here is the list of doctors in mexico:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2041&CountryName=Mexico

-I recommend going to the medical exam a few weeks before you plan on sending the application package. Because if you wait too long, the medicals expire after a year and you may have to re-do them. For me the doctor sent the results to ottawa...and I think from there it was sent to Mexico.

-The only documents we got translated were marriage certificate, birth certificate and state police report. Didn´t get anything legalized.

-For the more space pages I just typed out my entire answer to that question and printed it on a normal white sheet of paper and then stapled it to the form it belongs to.

Good luck! :)

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Re: Mexico CURP

x2012 said:
Hello forum

I'm like all of you looking for information about filling documents.

I need help from any Mexican here or anyone who knows the answer

Today's question is concerning the National Identity Document section in the Generic Application Form.

I'm from Mexico, I have made a research and our National Identity Document is the CURP (not IFE), for USA immigration forms it's needed to write down the CURP because it's printed in our passport.

The matter is in the ISSUE AND EXPIRY date, the CURP DOESN'T have an expiration date! neither issue date, because we basically gets the CURP since our birth day and it's valid for the whole life.

What did you put here?
Where did you find the information regarding it being the CURP? I was under the impression it was the IFE. :( confused!

I did however check into the expiry date and issue date problem and you leave that section blank, validate the form and then include it on a separate sheet since there is no expiry date otherwise it will not let you validate the form. This is what CIC advised. They are aware some countries dont have that same format of issue/expiry. :)