May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello! i just want to ask if having a diabetes or heart problem can cause medical inadmissability to come to canada as a dependent of the primary applicant?thanks and god bless!

WWVET

May 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[*****UPDATE *****]

Hello my friends, sorry for the long delay in updating you. I am well (health wise) since my last post. Havent had any medical issues worth mentioning. But I do have to update you guys on my application. This long wait has really been tough on both my wife and I but we're hanging in there and praying all goes well. After sending a gazillion enquiries, I finally got the medical request notice letter. Apprently, most canadian visa offices have some serious back logs that put major delays on processing applications.
If you've been following this thread you'll know that this would be my second time doing the medicals. I have no issues doing them all over again, except I may have to do the hiv post test follow ups again to support my application. Whatever it takes, I'll do. I have since scheduled my appointment with dmp for sometime next week.
My questions now are, now that CIC has requested to re-do medicals, what does this mean overall? Am I closer to getting a visa or we paly the wait game again? The letter says I have 90 days from the date on it (march 25th 2011) but obviously the sooner I get them done and sent off the better. Any input is welcome.
Again sorry for not updating sooner. Let's chat! Thank you. :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WWVET said:
[*****UPDATE *****]

Hello my friends, sorry for the long delay in updating you. I am well (health wise) since my last post. Havent had any medical issues worth mentioning. But I do have to update you guys on my application. This long wait has really been tough on both my wife and I but we're hanging in there and praying all goes well. After sending a gazillion enquiries, I finally got the medical request notice letter. Apprently, most canadian visa offices have some serious back logs that put major delays on processing applications.
If you've been following this thread you'll know that this would be my second time doing the medicals. I have no issues doing them all over again, except I may have to do the hiv post test follow ups again to support my application. Whatever it takes, I'll do. I have since scheduled my appointment with dmp for sometime next week.
My questions now are, now that CIC has requested to re-do medicals, what does this mean overall? Am I closer to getting a visa or we paly the wait game again? The letter says I have 90 days from the date on it (march 25th 2011) but obviously the sooner I get them done and sent off the better. Any input is welcome.
Again sorry for not updating sooner. Let's chat! Thank you. :)
2nd medical request typically means they are almost ready to issue the visa.

WWVET

May 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
2nd medical request typically means they are almost ready to issue the visa.
Is that so? Well, thank you for your quick response. I wonder how long it takes for the visa office (pretoria) to recieve and process medicals. Oh well, will just do as they've ask and see what happens. Praying praying and more praying.
Again, thanks for giving me some HOPE!

WWVET

May 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
hello! i just want to ask if having a diabetes or heart problem can cause medical inadmissability to come to canada as a dependent of the primary applicant?thanks and god bless!
Not too sure about your question but maybe someone here will respond to your query>>>but my guess is that since you'll be a dependant of the primary applicant, its likely to be inadmissable.

In doing my own research, I found this link to be informative. Its a long read-be prepared.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
WWVET said:
Is that so? Well, thank you for your quick response. I wonder how long it takes for the visa office (pretoria) to recieve and process medicals. Oh well, will just do as they've ask and see what happens. Praying praying and more praying.
Again, thanks for giving me some HOPE!
hi wwvet i've just been reading ur old posts and i wish u all the best!! the most important is to stay strong and positive!!

from ur timeline it looks that ur application is close to the end....was ur interview waived? did ur previous medicals expire? if yes than usually they ask new medicals when they are ready to issue ur visa....don't worry...keep us updated!

lots of good luck for u and ur wife

WWVET

May 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello missmini, (like your name) thank for your post. Actually to answer your questions; NO my interview was not waived. I had one last year 2010 (in april) I just did not have access to a PC and update my time line but I will plug in there ASAP. The strange thing is that, after the interview which by the way went ok in my opinion, it appears as though thats when the background checks were being done. Strange because I thought you do the background checks before you call someone in to interview. Anyway whatever the case was, its been approximately a year later (post interview) that am hearing back from VO. So yes, the medicals obviously expired. I just hope they dont come back and ask for police/FBI reports again. That will just be unfair and pathetic.
Thank you so much, we remain in good spirits...my wife actually reads these posts :) even though we are worlds apart :( so, there you have it!!!

This forum has been extremely helpful and am glad I stumbled on it when I did. Yes, I will definitely keep you all posted.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
WWVET said:
hello missmini, (like your name) thank for your post. Actually to answer your questions; NO my interview was not waived. I had one last year 2010 (in april) I just did not have access to a PC and update my time line but I will plug in there ASAP. The strange thing is that, after the interview which by the way went ok in my opinion, it appears as though thats when the background checks were being done. Strange because I thought you do the background checks before you call someone in to interview. Anyway whatever the case was, its been approximately a year later (post interview) that am hearing back from VO. So yes, the medicals obviously expired. I just hope they dont come back and ask for police/FBI reports again. That will just be unfair and pathetic.
Thank you so much, we remain in good spirits...my wife actually reads these posts :) even though we are worlds apart :( so, there you have it!!!

This forum has been extremely helpful and am glad I stumbled on it when I did. Yes, I will definitely keep you all posted.
hehehe my name is from mini mouse :p thanks
no worries abt updating, if they would have refused cuz of the interview they would have done it a few weeks after, not one year and without asking for other medicals ;) actually i did read some other posts where the background checks were not done at first or they were done again (depends how long the processing is)...as for police certificate/fbi they should have asked them first and after the medicals...it really looks that u r at the end

good luck for u and ur wife!

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
Our background checks were done after our interview...I think it may vary depending on the reason the interview is called. Keep your hopes up, I am sure you will be with your wife soon :)

WWVET

May 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL, mini mouse huh> I see. You have a point on the interview. I even asked the interviewer lady if I was refused how soon I'd know. she said well, either "now" as in that same day or "in writting" later on. As for the background, its just ridiculous how this whole process works. They really could have asked for that first and according to my attorney as well. I mean, its more sensible to do an interview after they do ALL their checks and all instead of the reverse. That would just simplify and speed up things because the so-called processing times
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
are just out of this world. They have completely jacked up everything. I wonder if any of those immigration officers come to such forums and read just what people go thru to unite with families and if they even would put themselves in our big shoes...but then again, that's CIC right!!!!!!
It just looks as though the end is soooooo far. But with all the positive feedbacks I truley believe we're slowly getting there.

* Thanks for your post Cdagal. You also do have a point and I guess, it all depends on why they called for an interview in the first place huh. I actually did anticipate an interview just based on my situation overall but then again, when I got the notice to appear for one, I really thought they had to have been finished with their part. It was actaully fairly quick based on my timeline. So yeah, nothing new there. Your post has given me more hope. After I resubmit medicals, the wait continues. Again, thanks! :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
yeah the timelines r out this world... :'( i didn't submit our application yet, i'm still preparing hoping if we have more proof and explain everything clearly and organize all very well, we will wait less (recently all the timelines increased by approx 2 months, including phase 1 which increased with 5 more days (now it's 41 instead of 36); for us, for now, we will b at the 2nd slowest embassy, it is very upsetting but i keep my hopes :) )

u will not wait that long after u resubmit the medicals; hopefully in around 2 months u'll have ur visa...but what's 2 months comparing with one year something ;) u r almost there

WWVET

May 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the more you put in your application in as far as supporting documents/evidence the better. Do as much research especially here as you can before you submit just to make sure you're clear on all fronts, (you can never be too sure you did everything right, even when you think you have). There many helpful people here who have been through what we have and yet to go through. The truth is, every time we put in an inquiry, the timeline was increased somehow< every single freaking time until we are almost at the 17th month from day the application was recieved for processing. Its ridiculous :mad:. Which visa office are you applying through missmini? With the best luck and ample and thorough preparation, you may just breeze through with out hiccups. Yes, 2 months is better than another year plus! All in all, good luck to you too and...hope all works out as intended.

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
Hey WWVET
Your story is amazing! Have u heard anything yet? I'm in the same boat, can u send me a private message pls?!

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
WWVET

I just wanted to tell you something I seen on tv once. It has nothing to do with what you asked but your unique situation of why your not ill. This show was about a man who had watched all his gay friends pass away and wandered why he never so he got tested only to find out he is like you and he contacts different people to do a study on him and they discovered all persons unique like him had ancestors who lived through the plague and this made them immune to this illness.In my opinion you are a miracle to others who have this your walking around with the cure in your genes. good luck to you with your wife and unique situation and god willing you can help others.