+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

AlishaK

May 7, 2024
You should absolutely respond to the PFL. If you don't respond, there is a risk they make a misrep finding against you and ban you from Canada for five years. I would personally respond, confirm the details of the marriage, confirm your husband failed to declare you and why, and request to withdraw the sponsorship application based on this.

There is always some risk that IRCC could move to revoke your husband's PR. But again, we have seen that happen in recent memory so likely an extremely low risk this will happen.
Hey guys,

I sent my PFL reply. Below is my timeline. I am unable to understand what is this happening

9th july - Received PFL to submit proof that I belong to in- Canada class as my husband forgot to change his marital status after marriage (landed single in Canada) and officer mentioned that my husband can not sponsor me.

16th July - We responded to PFL

But on *10th July* itself my husband (sponsor) received a mail that he has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

And on 29th July my file was transferred to Etobicoke for further assessment.

Why they sent the APR saying he met the requirements, when they mentioned earlier that he did not? Is this normal?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
But on *10th July* my husband (sponsor) received an email that he had met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
This is certainly not something I am an expert on, but I suspect this means your husband may be eligible to sponsor in general, but not to sponsor *you*.

AlishaK

May 7, 2024
This is certainly not something I am an expert on, but I suspect this means your husband may be eligible to sponsor in general, but not to sponsor *you*.
The message also says:
You have met the eligibility to sponsor.
The APR of your relative will be processed separately and she will be contacted shortly.

I think it pretty much means what you mentioned. I thought that too.
But what they gonna contact me for in this case?

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I did my new Biometric even I have valid one.
Then later I got an email from IRCC to pay fee.

I remember I saw a posts wondering about new Biometric for PR even you have valid one.
FYI, I post the body of IRCC email.

Reminder – Biometrics Fee
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence.
As of June 15, 2023, you need to provide new biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You need to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
Hi, The valid one that you have, is it from the temporary residence application? If yes, you need a new biometric as a permanent resident applicant and yes, I paid for the fee.

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi, The valid one that you have, is it from the temporary residence application? If yes, you need a new biometric as a permanent resident applicant and yes, I paid for the fee.
I had WP. So I've done it for temporary residence visa.
I didn't pay biometircs when I applied PR because I thought they won't ask new biometrics. I didn't know PR need new biometrics

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I had WP. So I've done it for temporary residence visa.
I didn't pay biometircs when I applied PR because I thought they won't ask new biometrics. I didn't know PR need new biometrics
Yes, based on my understanding, if you previously provided biometrics for a temporary application, you will need to submit new biometrics for a permanent application. You can find more details here: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp. Then I think you should pay the fee to proceed with the application process.

Jnirman

Sep 6, 2021
Applied spousal sponsorship on june 24 2024
No AOR
Straight medical and biometric request on Aug 22
Its an inland application

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Applied spousal sponsorship on june 24 2024
No AOR
Straight medical and biometric request on Aug 22
Its an inland application
Were you able to login in to tracker?
Whats status of your spouse? Work Permit?
Has he/she given biometric and medical before for temporary visa?

Secman1

Aug 1, 2020
Yes, visitor visa
Congratulations!!

Did you have to submit upfront Medical for the OWP? I submitted my wife's OWP in the last week of June without any update till now. I wonder whether doing medical (even though they have yet to request it) would speed things up. Did you submit a medical exam result or not?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Congratulations!!

Did you have to submit upfront Medical for the OWP? I submitted my wife's OWP in the last week of June without any update till now. I wonder whether doing medical (even though they have yet to request it) would speed things up. Did you submit a medical exam result or not?
Only certain professions require you to have a medical exam done for OWP, so I don't think that would speed it up. It just takes a while to process.

Reactions: Secman1

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
I also received biometrics request today. Application - May 20, AOR - June 12, BIL - Aug 28
The request came via GCKey linked application. No updates on tracker whatsoever.
I even submitted the upfront medical exam form done for visitor extension. That is not updated in tracker yet but got updated in GCKey.