+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

unforgettableseries

Jan 27, 2024
I was one of the people who successfully completed the medical check by submitting the webform with information from my previous health check (from my visitor record). I included my IME# in the submission, and a few days later, it was updated as "completed" on my PR application tracker back in December 2023.

I was also one of those who didn’t receive the P1 email, despite IRCC confirming over the phone that it had been sent to me and they told me to wait for it to be resent again. After waiting for a few weeks, I decided to proactively send the information typically requested in P1 to the immigration email. A week later, I received P2, and then another week later, I got my eCOPR. Now, I have my PR card.

I'm assuming you sent the IME + Medical details only after you were requested for a medical... You didn't proactively send a medical?

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
It still doesn't explain why the applicants from May are waiting while June folks' cases are moving forward already ..
My hypothesis is that every 1st of the month they just restart their service standard clocks so that they can service maximum number of clients that apply in that month. So if one applies near the end of a month, the file probably will get picked up very late compared to someone who applied in the first week of a month.

It is definitely not a true first come first serve which they claim everywhere on the site.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I'm assuming you sent the IME + Medical details only after you were requested for a medical... You didn't proactively send a medical?
I was never asked for medical. I was informed at a Physical Panel that I did the test to keep the IME form as it can be used for PR application. I just sent the web form with my information and IME# and it was marked as completed without IRCC sending any medical request

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I also heard from my friend who did the medical exam for a visitor record and her medical under her PR was marked as completed automatically as well - you can also wait and see

Reactions: Shiva91

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
We haven't yet received an AOR for her PR application, but we did get a confirmation of receipt for my "Application to Sponsor and Sponsorship Undertaking" mentioning it has been received and under process.

9Apps
I submitted my Non EE PR on June 14th, and since then, I have had no update. No AOR or BIL. Should i raise a web form? How long does it usually take to receive AOR?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I submitted my Non EE PR on June 14th, and since then, I have had no update. No AOR or BIL. Should i raise a web form? How long does it usually take to receive AOR?
This discussion is for "May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship". Process and processing time for things like Non EE PR is very different from Inland spousal sponsorship application.
Post your question at other section of the forum.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
Did you have any status update on GCkey before OWP approved?
I think there was one ghost update, then Correspondence letter and then two days after the correspondence letter was the approval. I did not keep track of the individual updates on the profile

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
Don't send anything unless you're asked. You'll just delay the process.
Well, not sure how this would work generally, but yes in our case the medicals on the PR got updated automatically ( one week later ) once the visitor record medicals were processed. I did not send any webform to update the medicals.

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
It still doesn't explain why the applicants from May are waiting while June folks' cases are moving forward already ..
It is frustrating to see other people's applications move quickly while yours is stagnant and very expensive waiting while one's spouse cannot work.

• Sad
Reactions: Shiva91

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hello,
I would like to ask a question to the applicants who received and completed the BIL.
Did you pay the biometric fee?

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
I did my new Biometric even I have valid one.
Then later I got an email from IRCC to pay fee.

I remember I saw a posts wondering about new Biometric for PR even you have valid one.
FYI, I post the body of IRCC email.

Reminder – Biometrics Fee
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence.
As of June 15, 2023, you need to provide new biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You need to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.