+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We haven't yet received an AOR for her PR application, but we did get a confirmation of receipt for my "Application to Sponsor and Sponsorship Undertaking" mentioning it has been received and under process.
AOR simply means `Acknowledgment of Receipt', so if IRCC sent a `confirmation of receipt', that is the AOR.

Reactions: Calvy and YVR123

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
did anyone from May list get their request for Medical (or any updates after AOR & Biometrics)? There are people from June and July who are moving forward and it looks like May is stuck :(

Reactions: aashikha

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
did anyone from May list get their request for Medical (or any updates after AOR & Biometrics)? There are people from June and July who are moving forward and it looks like May is stuck :(
I applied in May and haven't got even the biometrics request, let alone medical request. Complete radio silence after the AOR for many May applicants. I haven't heard anything on the SOWP either, so I am going to try and put those questions out on a call to IRCC. I am going to give it a shot tomorrow and day after to see if I get some answers.

Last edited:

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
I applied in May and haven't got even the biometrics request, let alone medical request. Complete radio silence after the AOR for many May applicants. I haven't heard anything on the SOWP either which now has surpassed the service standard (which I believe is 60 days), so I am going to try and put those questions out on a call to IRCC. I am going to give it a shot tomorrow and day after to see if I get some answers.
Currently, the average for work permits from inside Canada is 113 days. How do you find out what the service standard is?

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Currently, the average for work permits from inside Canada is 113 days. How do you find out what the service standard is?
It was some website, but your post and question actually made me do another search which is when I landed on an official site and I stand corrected, it is not 60 days but 120 days (at least that was for 2022-2023) so I am not going to like it but I am going to have to wait patiently. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: alex00

Calvy

May 9, 2015
Spousal sponsorship submitted: May 13 2024
AOR Received: Saturday June 1 2024
Linked to PA GCkey account: June 1 2024
SOWP application submitted: June 1 2024
SOWP APPROVED: July 5 2024 (granted 2yrs)

Request for Biometrics received today: Aug 20 2024 (although weird that Biometrics done in 2022 for study permit which expires 2031 shows on the PR profile but I guess koz its PR app, they need new biometrics

Last edited:

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Request for Biometrics received today: Aug 20 2024 (although weird that Biometrics done in 2022 for study permit which expires 2031 shows on the PR profile but I guess koz its PR app, they need new biometrics
Yes, it is their policy to collect new biometrics for PR applicants.

Reactions: YVR123 and Calvy

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
It was some website, but your post and question actually made me do another search which is when I landed on an official site and I stand corrected, it is not 60 days but 120 days (at least that was for 2022-2023) so I am not going to like it but I am going to have to wait patiently. :(
"processed 30% of applications within the standard" is really awful performance, it would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html)

• Sad

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Congrats on the movement on your file. Your SOWP getting approved within a month was great too. I just hope I get some luck hit my applications too. More than 2 months have gone by on SOWP and more than 3 months PR application been submitted.

Reactions: Calvy

Calvy

May 9, 2015
Congrats on the movement on your file. Your SOWP getting approved within a month was great too. I just hope I get some luck hit my applications too. More than 2 months have gone by on SOWP and more than 3 months PR application been submitted.
Thank you.. I really pray everyone's app begins to see progress

Ralphbund

Jul 18, 2024
Hi all!

PR application submitted: May 17, 2024
Biometrics: August 21, 2024

So after waiting for months and without an AOR, today I got the biometric instruction letter.

Any Tipps for getting an appointment quickly near Ottawa?

Finally I know my UCI and application number, but the tracker on my IRCC account doesn't say much.

Any idea what all of this means where I stand in the application process?

Last edited:

Gin12

Jun 11, 2024
Hi all!

So after waiting for months and without an AOR, today I got the biometric instruction letter.

Finally I know my UCI and application number, but the tracker on my IRCC account doesn't say much.

In Ottawa East you get next day appointment, I just did my biometrics this morning. Book it at any Service Canada

Reactions: Ralphbund

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all!

I you get Biometrics and you know your UCI and application number, then you have passed/reached AOR. Try to check sponsor's email address and/or junk mail folder.