Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
I have tried linking, but it does not work. I think it’s because my application is linked to the consultants portal.
Oh, yes, you can only link the application to one GCKey account.

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
I submitted the Spousal PR application through the principal applicant's account, and as the sponsor, I received the following email from IRCC. Should I consider this as the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR), because my wife who is principal applicant did not receive any AOR email and there is no update in the account. Someone pls confirm if I can proceed with submitting the Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) application, or should we wait for a separate email from IRCC that explicitly states the AOR?
And I came across below link stating that the sponsor's letter should not be used for this purpose. Could someone please clarify?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html
  • The AOR must be for your permanent resident application. You can’t use the AOR your sponsor received when they applied to sponsor you.

EMAIL from IRCC at Sponsor id:
"
UCI: XXXX
Application No.: XXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear [Sponsor NAME],

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2024/07/15 on behalf of the following member(s):

[Principal Applicant name]

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application"

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
I submitted the Spousal PR application through the principal applicant's account, and as the sponsor, I received the following email from IRCC. Should I consider this as the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR), because my wife who is principal applicant did not receive any AOR email and there is no update in the account. Someone pls confirm if I can proceed with submitting the Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) application, or should we wait for a separate email from IRCC that explicitly states the AOR?
And I came across below link stating that the sponsor's letter should not be used for this purpose. Could someone please clarify?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html
  • The AOR must be for your permanent resident application. You can’t use the AOR your sponsor received when they applied to sponsor you.

"

Dear [Sponsor NAME],

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2024/07/15 on behalf of the following member(s):

You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
Check this out

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
No updates whatsoever. I just got my medicals done for visitor visa extension so thought I'd send it and maybe that will do something to the file.
My wife also had her medical done for visitor visa. I thought it might automatically reflect on the spousal and OWP applications. I think I might go ahead and send the medicals via webform as well

Reactions: Shiva91

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
My wife also had her medical done for visitor visa. I thought it might automatically reflect on the spousal and OWP applications. I think I might go ahead and send the medicals via webform as well
Yes, that is a good idea! I sent the webform with my IME and no. and a few days after it is reflected on the tracker.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

"

Dear [Sponsor NAME],

That's AOR. Use that to apply for OWP.

btw I think another member mentioned something about "no". I think he/she means application number.

Reactions: deep60801

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
That's AOR. Use that to apply for OWP.

btw I think another member mentioned something about "no". I think he/she means application number.
Thank you @YVR123

My wife is currently on a Post-Graduate Work Permit, which, along with her TRV, is going to expire next month. We have already submitted the Spousal PR application and received the AOR in the sponsor's email id. When filling out the Spousal Open Work Permit application, specifically in form 5710e, what should I respond to the following question?

3. I am applying for one or more of the following:
i Apply for a work permit for the same employer
ii Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
iii Restore my status as worker
iv Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

When selecting option (iii), I'm prompted to choose between options (i) and (ii). However, since my wife is not currently working, I'm unsure whether selecting either option makes sense. Could someone please clarify this?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you @YVR123

My wife is currently on a Post-Graduate Work Permit, which, along with her TRV, is going to expire next month. We have already submitted the Spousal PR application and received the AOR in the sponsor's email id. When filling out the Spousal Open Work Permit application, specifically in form 5710e, what should I respond to the following question?

3. I am applying for one or more of the following:
i Apply for a work permit for the same employer
ii Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
iii Restore my status as worker
iv Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

When selecting option (iii), I'm prompted to choose between options (i) and (ii). However, since my wife is not currently working, I'm unsure whether selecting either option makes sense. Could someone please clarify this?
I am not familiar with this online form. Hopefully other members can answer.