Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
My Wife's SOWP got approved on 26th July 2024

Updated Timelines:
PR Application: 31st May,2024
AOR: 27th June,2024
SOWP Application: 27th June, 2024
SOWP Approval: 26th July,2024

Still, I can not register on Tracker. I linked my application to GC Key. No updates on PR application.
When your wife got the SOWP, did you get approved email?
What about GC key? was there anything status changed before getting SOWP?
I applied SOWP a month ago and the GC key status has nothing changed since I linked GC key.

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
When your wife got the SOWP, did you get approved email?
What about GC key? was there anything status changed before getting SOWP?
I applied SOWP a month ago and the GC key status has nothing changed since I linked GC key.
Hi,
I received a mail in GC KEY with letter of approval.
During this process, yes I had updates on my GCKEY, like we are revieing your eligibility etc.
Considering timelines, I have seen 4 weeks to 7 weeks in processing SOWP.

Reactions: Aurora9

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Hi,
I received a mail in GC KEY with letter of approval.
During this process, yes I had updates on my GCKEY, like we are revieing your eligibility etc.
Considering timelines, I have seen 4 weeks to 7 weeks in processing SOWP.
It's longer for anyone who didn't previously hold a work permit. More like 3 months.

Reactions: Aurora9

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
I have submitted a 'Spousal Application - Inland' for my wife. She currently holds an open work permit, which is going to expire in one month. After that, she will not have any temporary visa and work permit. Can she still stay in Canada with me, given that our PR application is in processing? What are our obligations in this situation?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
I have submitted a 'Spousal Application - Inland' for my wife. She currently holds an open work permit, which is going to expire in one month. After that, she will not have any temporary visa and work permit. Can she still stay in Canada with me, given that our PR application is in processing? What are our obligations in this situation?
Apply for OWP when she is within 2 weeks of her WP expiring or after you get AOR, whichever comes first. That will give her maintained status and be able to stay.

Reactions: YVR123

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Apply for OWP when she is within 2 weeks of her WP expiring or after you get AOR, whichever comes first. That will give her maintained status and be able to stay.
Thank you @alex00
While applying for a Open work permit, what Option should I select for the below question. I am living in Quebec, and if I select "Permanently", it shows ineligible to apply for Open Work permit. Can you clarify?

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
- Temporarily - less than 6 months
- Temporarily - more than 6 months
- Permanently

DNAGB2021

Jun 11, 2024
Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my post.
I used a rcic consultant to help submit my application as I had trouble submitting it successfully before. They are not the greatest, I eventually got more help/answers from the forums then from the consultant - but thankfully it was successfully submitted.

For context, I have been married to a Canadian for 3 years now, and my visa expired around 3 years ago too. I tried submitting my application myself 3 times by mail when it was not yet online and it got returned all 3 times due to, pardon my language, stupid mistakes. Due to mental health reasons, I struggled to keep up and eventually hired a consultant to get it done.

My inland spousal PR application was successfully submitted in May 21st.

On June 18th, the consultant received a letter requesting that I resubmit the IMM5669 form with an original signature. The letter had an application number on there like a AOR. They didn’t notify me until June 26th.
I carefully filled it out, updating some info and provided a letter of explanation for any discrepancies from previous form submitted. That was submitted again on July 3rd.
I also completed my medical exam ahead of time (June 14th) and the consultant submitted it on July 3rd.

I unfortunately do not see the progress as the consultant submitted my application, and they said that my medical exam is marked as complete and the other form/application still says submitted. The consultant told me that the letter we received to resubmit the IMM5669 is also an AOR since it had an application number.

Is that true? Is everything going normal or should I be worried?

Benz37

Jan 17, 2024
Thank you @alex00
While applying for a Open work permit, what Option should I select for the below question. I am living in Quebec, and if I select "Permanently", it shows ineligible to apply for Open Work permit. Can you clarify?

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
- Temporarily - less than 6 months
- Temporarily - more than 6 months
- Permanently
Open work permit is still a temporary residence, you need to choose "Temporarily - more than 6 months"

Reactions: alex00 and aashikha

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
The consultant told me that the letter we received to resubmit the IMM5669 is also an AOR since it had an application number.

Is that true? Is everything going normal or should I be worried?
That does sound like the AOR. Try linking your application to GCKey (IRCC Secure Account).

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Where do we see the "Biometrics passed" date, is it on the GCKey portal or the tracker site?
Tracker has stopped working since mid-June but I believe you would normally be able see that on both.

Reactions: sonusweetie

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Wow! Thank you!! So we just wait for emails to know our next updates?
GCKey still works so anything important will show up there and you will receive an email notification if IRCC needs anything from you.