+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
I also got this letter today and I've only done biometrics so far. It says " We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada." Is this normal???

-> just noticed eligibility status changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." and background check also changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." from "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
What’s your Timeline?

Reactions: aashikha

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
My wife went for biometric today but somehow they told her they were unable to scan all of her fingers !!even though nothing wrong with fingers , They took her picture and scanned few fingers and sent it to them , i find it quite odd they told her you should be okey with the report but i still have doubt that if they don’t have full biometrics do you guys think it will be okey ?

• Wow
Reactions: aashikha

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
My wife went for biometric today but somehow they told her they were unable to scan all of her fingers !!even though nothing wrong with fingers , They took her picture and scanned few fingers and sent it to them , i find it quite odd they told her you should be okey with the report but i still have doubt that if they don’t have full biometrics do you guys think it will be okey ?
That's so odd and strange. Not trying to scare you as I don't know myself. Just sending my wishes that everything stays A-OK and that you both get application approvals as soon as possible.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I also got this letter today and I've only done biometrics so far. It says " We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada." Is this normal???

-> just noticed eligibility status changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." and background check also changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." from "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
yaa that is normal. It is called a "Pre-Arrival Letter" and it is sent to both inland and outland applicants

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
What's the purpose of it though, does it even meaning anything esp for inland cases?
As far as I know, it's an automatic form letter that all PR applicants receive. As an inland applicant, I didn't get to do anything with it. I received the letter 1 month after applying but then had to wait another 7 months for the entire process to be completed. I have seen several threads here asking about the purpose of it as well. You might want to check them out!

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
What's the purpose of it though, does it even meaning anything esp for inland cases?
It's pretty much pointless for inland applicants because you can't access the services if you're already in Canada but it is an indication that your eligibility is completed or about to be and you will receive AIP soon!

Reactions: sonusweetie

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
It's pretty much pointless for inland applicants because you can't access the services if you're already in Canada but it is an indication that your eligibility is completed or about to be and you will receive AIP soon!
Thanks for responding. That's very interesting, esp considering the medical request also has not been asked...

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Thanks for responding. That's very interesting, esp considering the medical request also has not been asked...
Medical is considered part of the background check so it doesn't need to come before the eligibility check. It can come after.

Reactions: sonusweetie

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Just curious about the biometrics update !! Once you give your biometrics do they get updated at the same day or it takes time ?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Just curious about the biometrics update !! Once you give your biometrics do they get updated at the same day or it takes time ?
They typically show up on GCkey at the top of the application page within 1 or 2 days but it may take a little longer for it to be marked completed there.

• Love
Reactions: Shiva91