+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Is there anyone who had an OWP and then applied for a SOWP after receiving an AOR but it hasn't been approved yet?

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Are AIP and SA the same thing? If not, how long does it take nowadays to get AIP after sponsor receives SA?
AIP is for a principal applicant and SA is for a sponsor. These are sent out when the eligibility stage is done for both principal and sponsor and should come around the same time but are not necessary on the same day. Can be a few days apart.

Reactions: aashikha

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
AIP is for a principal applicant and SA is for a sponsor. These are sent out when the eligibility stage is done for both principal and sponsor and should come around the same time but are not necessary on the same day. Can be a few days apart.
thanks! i got worried because everyone else from May inland who has received SA so far seems to have received AIP already and that too on the same day, but my spouse hasn't seen anything yet.

aashikha

Star Member
Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
thanks! i got worried because everyone else from May inland who has received SA so far seems to have received AIP already and that too on the same day, but my spouse hasn't seen anything yet.
At least you have received the SA. The AIP will follow soon. Wish you good luck.

The wait is excruciatingly painful for some cases from May (mine being one)!

Reactions: sonusweetie

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Could be a glitch with the application that sends the letters or they may have sent it by post. I have heard of people who called IRCC and were told AIP was sent despite never receiving it. It wouldn't hurt to check.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Could be a glitch with the application that sends the letters or they may have sent it by post. I have heard of people who called IRCC and were told AIP was sent despite never receiving it. It wouldn't hurt to check.
Agreed! I was one of the unlucky ones (but not AIP/SA) but P1! I never received it!!!