+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

unforgettableseries

Jan 27, 2024
I was never asked for medical. I was informed at a Physical Panel that I did the test to keep the IME form as it can be used for PR application. I just sent the web form with my information and IME# and it was marked as completed without IRCC sending any medical request
This worked. They updated it within a day. Thanks

Still waiting for elibiligty and background check.
  • Date Received: May 16, 2024
  • Review of eligibility
    • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • Review of medical results
    • August 10, 2024 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents
    • We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview
    • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics
    • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check
    • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision
    • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlamanderxxxx

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
This worked. They updated it within a day. Thanks

Still waiting for elibiligty and background check.
  • Date Received: May 16, 2024
  • Review of eligibility
    • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • Review of medical results
    • August 10, 2024 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents
    • We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview
    • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics
    • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check
    • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision
    • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Yay! good news! hope other things come soon!

unforgettableseries

Jan 27, 2024
Yay! good news! hope other things come soon!
Thanks but...

I don't really look at this as "good news". As a 2nd Generation Canadian - it is my right to sponsor a foreign spouse to become a permanent resident. The fact that you can have a baby faster than you can sponsor a spouse is an utter failure of the Liberal government's doing.

To me this is just a failure of the current administration prioritizing foreigners on PRs who are sponsoring their spouses over citizens. The reality is 90% of the indians who are coming to Canada are doing so to get access to the NAFTA visas which enable them to work in the US. My guess is that the US will eliminate NAFTA/USMCA visas anyways (at the Canadian government's request) since indians are simply abusing it. Canadian taxpayers are footing the bill for indians to immigrate to the US. Here's how it works: Indians come to Canada somehow, they get a PR, they sponsor their spouse, either gets a Canadian passport, they immediately quit and go on a TN or L! visa to the US, they move to the US, they have a child in the US, TN or L1 conversion to greencard begins.

The only solution to this is to not allow people who have had their citizenship for less than five years access to the NAFTA/USMCA visa program

Prioritization IMO should be as follows:

Citizens with both parents born in Canada
Citizens with one parent born in Canada
Citizens born in Canada
Naturalized citizens
PRs
everyone else

Last edited:

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Thanks but...

I don't really look at this as "good news". As a 2nd Generation Canadian - it is my right to sponsor a foreign spouse to become a permanent resident. The fact that you can have a baby faster than you can sponsor a spouse is an utter failure of the Liberal government's doing.

To me this is just a failure of the current administration prioritizing foreigners on PRs who are sponsoring their spouses over citizens. The reality is 90% of the indians who are coming to Canada are doing so to get access to the NAFTA visas which enable them to work in the US. My guess is that the US will eliminate NAFTA/USMCA visas anyways (at the Canadian government's request) since indians are simply abusing it. Canadian taxpayers are footing the bill for indians to immigrate to the US. Here's how it works: Indians come to Canada somehow, they get a PR, they sponsor their spouse, either gets a Canadian passport, they immediately quit and go on a TN or L! visa to the US, they move to the US, they have a child in the US, TN or L1 conversion to greencard begins.

The only solution to this is to not allow people who have had their citizenship for less than five years access to the NAFTA/USMCA visa program

Prioritization IMO should be as follows:

Citizens with both parents born in Canada
Citizens with one parent born in Canada
Citizens born in Canada
Naturalized citizens
PRs
everyone else
What you're suggesting is illegal. They cannot treat citizens with different parentage differently as it would create multiple classes of citizens. Also, there is no evidence that PR sponsors are being prioritized over citizens. Outland applications are prioritized for family reunification purposes regardless of whether the sponsor is a citizen or PR. Don't compare your inland application to outland timelines.

I am not aware of any evidence that a specific group of people is abusing the PR sponsorship system just to get US visas.

Reactions: aboat

unforgettableseries

Jan 27, 2024
What you're suggesting is illegal. They cannot treat citizens with different parentage differently as it would create multiple classes of citizens. Also, there is no evidence that PR sponsors are being prioritized over citizens. Outland applications are prioritized for family reunification purposes regardless of whether the sponsor is a citizen or PR. Don't compare your inland application to outland timelines.

I am not aware of any evidence that a specific group of people is abusing the PR sponsorship system just to get US visas.
Of course it is illegal. The law needs to change... the system needs to change. But by your very own words "Outland applications are prioritized", so there already is a class system.

Trudeau has destroyed this country with unchecked immigration (mostly from india) when a taxpaying citizen who was born here, and who's parents were born here, has to sit backseat to new PRs.

You are not aware because you are not part of the indian community. I am, and this is common knowledge in the community. Indians with an education have no affinity or interest in Canada and want to go to the US.

To add, I expect fully that at the next USMCA discussions people born in India will very likely be put on a restricted list for TN or L1 visas, BY REQUEST of the Liberal Government. At which point immigration to Canada from India will drop drastically. There are lots of links online but you can see a quora page here which describes the scams and abuse

https://www.quora.com/Has-any-IT-professional-Indian-by-birth-successfully-moved-back-from-Canada-to-the-USA-in-TN-visa-in-2021-post-Trump-How-is-the-job-search-and-visa-related-from-companies-and-USCIS-experience

Just search "indian TN to Greencard via Canada" and there are thousands of articles. Or just ask newly minted indian PRs in Canada what their plan is.

Come to Canada somehow. > Get PR > Sponsor spouse > Spouse arrives > Get citizenship > Get TN job in US (fake or real) > move to US with spouse > have child in US > Child is US citizen > petition for H1B or Greencard

Then they plan to retire in Canada or buy rental properties in Canada with American income, and also cross over for non US-covered medical services, or if they are scamming the system by having a fake TN job in the US they use Canadian medical.

Last edited: