+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Follow the link and click "Yes". then you will see the additional information. Tricky part is that .. if today is the expiry date, is your work permit still valid?

Do you have valid temporary resident status? (required)
Yes
No
I think he should be good. Only if he applies today.
He must apply before Midnight today. Once he apply, he will be on Implied status and he can continue working on implied status.

Reactions: YVR123

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
I can't find the information you posted for me. this one Who’s eligible to apply for a work permit without an AOR
what I found from the link is

Principal permanent residence applicants
When you apply for your open work permit, you must also be

• in a genuine relationship with your sponsor
  • included in an application for permanent residence, and have an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)letter confirming that your permanent residence application is being processed
    • The AOR must be for your permanent resident application. You can’t use the AOR your sponsor received when they applied to sponsor you.
According to this, I have to wait AOR.. isn't it??
but as far as I know, if my wife is PR I can apply OWP anyway regardless whether I apply PR or not.. am I right?

How to apply for Spouse open work permit -- This video will be helpful

Reactions: Aurora9

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Has anyone informed change in marital status to ircc prior to sponsoring spousal request ?
You mean from common law to married? That's the only "change in marital status" I can think of after you send in your sponsorship application.

As if that's the case, it's better to send in the update via web form. It's a stronger application and additional proof.

Rysweb

Oct 22, 2020
If you don’t mind May I ask your timeline please
And any service Canada is good for biometrics?
Thanks
So I applied for my work permit extension on May 26 (late night) and almost immediately after I received the BIL on May, 27, so I booked my biometrics appointment right after getting my letter and had it done on Jun 11. It was already the earliest appointment I could see on the booking calendar and I'm not sure if you can do it by walk-in. I got it done in the W Broadway centre. A day after on Jun 12 I saw in my account the biometrics completion update, under both the work permit and PR applications. I just received my approval letter yesterday on Jun 26.

For more complete timelines in PR + SOWP apps, see my signature.

• Love
Reactions: Shiva91

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
I received an AOR today.
I linked my application to GC key, but I can not in Application Tracker.
Do you know how much time it takes after receiving AOR for your application to show up in application tracker?

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hello,
I have another question....
I couldn't applied my extension work visa yesterday.. ( my work permit expired yesterday)
As far as I know when I apply new visa and after expire date, I have to apply restore status which just pay more money..
According to your AOR today, I guess I will get my AOR soon.
So here's the question

1) Do I need to wait AOR and apply new visa with AOR? Then, is it possible to apply restore status together???
2) or Do I just apply extension work permit under family sponsorship?

What is your current status in Canada?
If you are on visitor visa and if your visa is expiring today, you have the right to apply for Open work permit without an AOR. you don't need AOR if your status is expiring. So you can restore your status in canada.

As per IRCC:
Who’s eligible to apply for a work permit without an AOR
You can only apply for a work permit without an AOR if you meet both of the following criteria:

• your work permit, study permit or temporary resident status will expire in 2 weeks or less and
  • you’ve applied for permanent residence under one of the following classes:
    • the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC) as a spouse or common-law partner
    • the family class as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner (sponsored overseas)
Link to IRCC - check here

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
did not get a request so far. Not sure if they will request to take one as my wife (Principal applicant) already took it while she applied for her studies.

Are you also on the same timeline? Any updates on SOWP?
Applied on May 21
Aor on 10 June
Medical completed on 13 June and no update ever since
We didn’t apply for sowp because my wife is on pgwp until end of 2026