+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Secman1

Aug 1, 2020
Applied May 20
AOR June 12 (email to Sponsor)
OWP applied June 13

Quick question if someone can answer...
Does any IRCC officer link the OWP app to PR application tracker or can we (applicants) do something like that on our own? I see an excel sheet tracker which has a column named "OWP linked to account", what is that?
Applied May 27
AOR June 21 (email to Sponsor).

Just a quick question: we did not get any PDF documents for AOR, and the email reads in this line: This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on (Date) on behalf of the following member(s): XXXX

I assume that's the AOR right there? If yes, which document do we then submit when applying for an Open Work Permit (OWP) (since getting AOR is a requirement for receiving an OWP)? Do we convert the email to PDF as proof of AOR, or is there no need for that since they can know we've received AOR automatically?

Also, they said we can use my (sponsor) UCI number (and the application number they just sent) to check the status of our application! Do we link this on the PR tracker? If yes, Do I fill the information of the sponsor there or for the Principal Applicant (PA)? I'm a bit confused because I thought it was supposed to be about the PA (but it seems it's about Sponsor, lol).

Last edited:

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Applied May 27
AOR June 21 (email to Sponsor).

Just a quick question: we did not get any PDF documents for AOR, and the email reads in this line: This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on (Date) on behalf of the following member(s): XXXX

I assume that's the AOR right there? If yes, which document do we then submit when applying for an Open Work Permit (OWP) (since getting AOR is a requirement for receiving an OWP)? Do we convert the email to PDF as proof of AOR, or is there no need for that since they can know we've received AOR automatically?

Also, they said we can use my (sponsor) UCI number (and the application number they just sent) to check the status of our application! Do we link this on the PR tracker? If yes, Do I fill the information of the sponsor there or for the Principal Applicant (PA)? I'm a bit confused because I thought it was supposed to be about the PA (but it seems it's about Sponsor, lol).
1. Yes, the AOR comes to the sponsor saying the application to sponsor is received for the listed family member(s), in this case the spouse.

2. Yes, you can print the email (with the images) to serve as proof of AOR for OWP application. I used this video as a guide. Good and clear content.

3. Both sponsor and PA can create accounts on the PR Application Status tracker using the application number you received in the AOR and their individual UCI numbers. The sponsor's account on PR application tracker will receive different and less number of updates. Whereas, the PA's account on the PR application tracker (different account with different sign-in credentials) will receive more number of updates and more information regarding the PR application.

4. You can also, if you want to, link your application to the GC Key account (usually this is the sponsor's GC Key account) and this way you can keep an eye on the updates the PA is getting but keep in mind the updates to the GC Key account and linked application will not be as detailed and frequent as the updates on the PA's account on PR application tracker.

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Amazing!! I submitted my application in May 20th, but have not received any updates/AOR yet..
@DNAGB2021 Try what @YEGAsh did to find out what happened to the AOR

Edit: called the call centre and it turns out the AoR was sent, but they didn't have my email address for some reason so they sent it by mail lol. Not sure why they didn't have my email because it's in about 20 spots on our application but who knows. So ma y give the call centre a poke (I got through first try) and it's possible your email is missing too.

Secman1

Aug 1, 2020
1. Yes, the AOR comes to the sponsor saying the application to sponsor is received for the listed family member(s), in this case the spouse.

2. Yes, you can print the email (with the images) to serve as proof of AOR for OWP application. I used this video as a guide. Good and clear content.

3. Both sponsor and PA can create accounts on the PR Application Status tracker using the application number you received in the AOR and their individual UCI numbers. The sponsor's account on PR application tracker will receive different and less number of updates. Whereas, the PA's account on the PR application tracker (different account with different sign-in credentials) will receive more number of updates and more information regarding the PR application.

4. You can also, if you want to, link your application to the GC Key account (usually this is the sponsor's GC Key account) and this way you can keep an eye on the updates the PA is getting but keep in mind the updates to the GC Key account and linked application will not be as detailed and frequent as the updates on the PA's account on PR application tracker.

Thank you so much- I appreciate it.

Although we're still unable to link it to the tracker. I hope we will be able to do that soon.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Does anyone have clear pictures about biometrics for pr applicant !
I have checked previous months applications and pretty much 90% applicants done with their biometrics. Please let us know if anyone has recently done their biometrics (steps after you received your Bil )
Many thanks

Reactions: aashikha

Rysweb

Oct 22, 2020
I have checked previous months applications and pretty much 90% applicants done with their biometrics. Please let us know if anyone has recently done their biometrics (steps after you received your Bil )
Many thanks
I just did.

You just follow the instructions on the letter - book your appointment at Service Canada within 30 days receiving your letter. Once you’ve done it, the account will show the biometrics completed update in the account. In my case i saw it the day after I did it.

Reactions: aashikha

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Fellow applicants, could you share your BIL and Medical Request timelines with the group? Please. It would be beneficial to curb the anxiety a bit.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
I just did.

You just follow the instructions on the letter - book your appointment at Service Canada within 30 days receiving your letter. Once you’ve done it, the account will show the biometrics completed update in the account. In my case i saw it the day after I did it.
If you don’t mind May I ask your timeline please
And any service Canada is good for biometrics?
Thanks

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Many thanks
Have you got your BIL yet, @Shiva91?