+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Gin12

Jun 11, 2024
Spousal Sponsorship Appl Submitted on 14-May AOR 01 Jun SOWP Application submitted 04-Jun Anybody who has submitted SOWP Application in May or Jun? Any updates on application? Any idea how much time does it takes?

Any update on anyone's SOWP?

Tomjerry

Apr 20, 2021
Spousal Sponsorship Appl Submitted on 14-May AOR 01 Jun SOWP Application submitted 04-Jun Anybody who has submitted SOWP Application in May or Jun? Any updates on application? Any idea how much time does it takes?

Any update on anyone's SOWP?
SOWP application submitted last week. No updates. My spouse’s current WP is expiring soon. I want to know what document he needs to prove that he is on implied status to continue working.

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
SOWP application submitted last week. No updates. My spouse’s current WP is expiring soon. I want to know what document he needs to prove that he is on implied status to continue working.
If you have submitted WP extension application and have got the submission confirmation letter within GCKey which includes the application number, then your spouse has implied status.

Keep a copy of the submission confirmation letter to prove your implied status and should be able to continue working.

Please don't consider this advice as legal. These are just my opinions based on knowledge that I've gathered so far from various resources available on the internet.

Reactions: Tomjerry

YEGAsh

Feb 15, 2024
Hi All,
Quick question.
For Inland spousal application.
Applied May 14th

Myself sponsor - We have not received AOR yet. I checked multiple times.

However we received medical request email June 14th.

Is this normal?
Also, how do we apply for sowp without aor ?

Can anyone please clarify
This is what has happened to me as well. We submitted our application May 18 (Ours was outland), no AoR, but we have received both IME and BIL. I tried asking around if this was normal and nobody seemed to have an answer. Good to know I'm not alone in this oddity. If I get an answer I will update here :)

Edit: called the call centre and it turns out the AoR was sent, but they didn't have my email address for some reason so they sent it by mail lol. Not sure why they didn't have my email because it's in about 20 spots on our application but who knows. So ma y give the call centre a poke (I got through first try) and it's possible your email is missing too.

Last edited:

Nikhil_52

May 30, 2024
IMM 5406 Additional Family Information (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family
Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and
signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all
dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must
complete and sign their own form.
• Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete. If you
are unable to provide any of the information for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you
must provide an explanation.You must submit the most recent version of this form.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf
I got the same email today, and my application got returned.

(no dependents in my application, So I left "Section B: Children" in Form 5406 empty)

Is this the missing info? Or is it something else?

Summerbliss

Oct 20, 2018
This is what has happened to me as well. We submitted our application May 18 (Ours was outland), no AoR, but we have received both IME and BIL. I tried asking around if this was normal and nobody seemed to have an answer. Good to know I'm not alone in this oddity. If I get an answer I will update here :)

Edit: called the call centre and it turns out the AoR was sent, but they didn't have my email address for some reason so they sent it by mail lol. Not sure why they didn't have my email because it's in about 20 spots on our application but who knows. So ma y give the call centre a poke (I got through first try) and it's possible your email is missing too.
Thank you!

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other

Could you please confirm the number you called for the call center?

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
Can someone please let me know the number of characters and format of the UCI received in the AOR email. The UCI I see in the AOR email is having a total of 13 characters ( starts with a single letter followed by 12 numbers ) ?

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can someone please let me know the number of characters and format of the UCI received in the AOR email. The UCI I see in the AOR email is having a total of 13 characters ( starts with a single letter followed by 12 numbers ) ?
If that's a number that starts with 'F', that's your application number not UCI.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
If that's a number that starts with 'F', that's your application number not UCI.
Yes, the application number is separate and starts with a 'F', however the UCI is 13 characters for me, I tried to see online and seems like it could be a party ID, since I was acting as my wife's representative, but not sure if this is the case with everyone who acts as the sponsor and the representative