+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

pltr2021

Jul 30, 2024
Hi,

My wife took the citizenship test in early August and test was updated to complete on Aug 4th but LPP is still stuck. Her processing office seems to be Sydney (based on the AOR email she had received in May). I see most people complete LPP within 2 weeks of the test. Is that dependent on the processing office?

How has your general experience with Sydney office been? How long should we wait for applying for GCMS notes?

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
I have to go back to my home country at the end of Sep for an extended period of time for family reasons. Since my background and test are complete, with LPP still in progress, I am thinking of going without informing IRCC as I don't have a fixed date of return. However, I can fly back to Canada for my oath as soon as they inform me.

Thoughts???
Yes:

Can I travel outside Canada after submitting my citizenship application? | CIC News

Is it permissible to travel outside of Canada after I’ve submitted my citizenship application? - CAN Pathways

Traveling outside Canada while your citizenship application is being processed is allowed, but you must maintain your PR status and meet the residency requirements..
Can I Travel Outside Canada While My Citizenship Application Is Being Processed? (citizenshiptracker.com)

Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
Yes. You can leave Canada after we receive your application. If you need to leave Canada and want to stay eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:
  • make sure that you live in Canada long enough to keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status
  • be a permanent resident (when you apply)
  • not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship
  • bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily
Make sure your PR card won’t expire while you are outside Canada.

We usually only mail letters, notices and other documents to addresses in Canada. In some cases, you may receive an email from us. You must reply to these letters or emails within a specified amount of time. If you don’t reply within the time frame and don’t provide an acceptable reason for not being able to keep your appointment with us or providing requested information, we may stop processing your application.

You must attend appointments and other events at our offices, like your:

• citizenship test (for applicants 18 to 54 years of age)
  • interview or hearing
  • ceremony
These events only take place in Canada. If you can’t attend the appointment or event, you must either e-mail or write to the local office that sent you the event notice. You can also use the online web form to contact us.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi,

My wife took the citizenship test in early August and test was updated to complete on Aug 4th but LPP is still stuck. Her processing office seems to be Sydney (based on the AOR email she had received in May). I see most people complete LPP within 2 weeks of the test. Is that dependent on the processing office?

How has your general experience with Sydney office been? How long should we wait for applying for GCMS notes?
Please check the contact us section of the test invite PDF to find your local processing office (you can find it out from the email address). Sydney office sends AOR for all applications.
As per the tracker, there are many applicants with test completed in Aug and waiting for LPP so it is pretty normal. The applicants with faster LPP are mostly from Scarborough processing office.

If you want to add your info to the sheet, please share the below info.

Type: Online application/Paper application
Location (City applied from):
Physical Presence Days:
Application: Single/Family(number of family members):
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:
Tracker Link date:
Ghost Update(s):
Fingerprint Request Date:
Fingerprint Received Date :
Background complete:
Test invite date (in-progress in the tracker):
Test window :
Test given date:
Test completed date (marked completed in the tracker):
Processing office :

pltr2021

Jul 30, 2024
Please check the contact us section of the test invite PDF to find your local processing office (you can find it out from the email address). Sydney office sends AOR for all applications.
As per the tracker, there are many applicants with test completed in Aug and waiting for LPP so it is pretty normal. The applicants with faster LPP are mostly from Scarborough processing office.

If you want to add your info to the sheet, please share the below info.

Type: Online application/Paper application
Location (City applied from):
Physical Presence Days:
Application: Single/Family(number of family members):
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:
Tracker Link date:
Ghost Update(s):
Background complete:
Test invite date (in-progress in the tracker):
Test window :
Test given date:
Test completed date (marked completed in the tracker):
Processing office :
Thanks, you are right. My wife's processing office is Vancouver. I see the code VAN in the email.

Type: Online application
Location (City applied from): Vancouver
Physical Presence Days: 1126
Application: Single/Family(number of family members): Family
Application sent: May 5th 2024
Delivered:
AOR: May 15th 2024
Tracker Link date:
Ghost Update(s):
Background complete: May 27th 2024
Test invite date (in-progress in the tracker): Jul 2th 2024
Test window : Jul 8th 2024 - Aug 10th 2024
Test given date: Aug 4th
Test completed date (marked completed in the tracker): Aug 6th 2024
Processing office :

Reactions: hssrp

komalmonga123

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Yes:

Can I travel outside Canada after submitting my citizenship application? | CIC News

Is it permissible to travel outside of Canada after I’ve submitted my citizenship application? - CAN Pathways

Traveling outside Canada while your citizenship application is being processed is allowed, but you must maintain your PR status and meet the residency requirements..
Can I Travel Outside Canada While My Citizenship Application Is Being Processed? (citizenshiptracker.com)

Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
Yes. You can leave Canada after we receive your application. If you need to leave Canada and want to stay eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:
  • make sure that you live in Canada long enough to keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status
  • be a permanent resident (when you apply)
  • not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship
  • bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily
Make sure your PR card won’t expire while you are outside Canada.

We usually only mail letters, notices and other documents to addresses in Canada. In some cases, you may receive an email from us. You must reply to these letters or emails within a specified amount of time. If you don’t reply within the time frame and don’t provide an acceptable reason for not being able to keep your appointment with us or providing requested information, we may stop processing your application.

You must attend appointments and other events at our offices, like your:

• citizenship test (for applicants 18 to 54 years of age)
  • interview or hearing
  • ceremony
These events only take place in Canada. If you can’t attend the appointment or event, you must either e-mail or write to the local office that sent you the event notice. You can also use the online web form to contact us.
Thank You :)

İznik

May 15, 2024
Hello,
Is anyone's application being processed at Calgary office? How is the experience. My Background was completed August 16. After that no progress. LPP is still pending. Any idea how long it will take?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thanks, you are right. My wife's processing office is Vancouver. I see the code VAN in the email.

Type: Online application
Location (City applied from): Vancouver
Physical Presence Days: 1126
Application: Single/Family(number of family members): Family
Application sent: May 5th 2024
Delivered:
AOR: May 15th 2024
Tracker Link date:
Ghost Update(s):
Background complete: May 27th 2024
Test invite date (in-progress in the tracker): Jul 2th 2024
Test window : Jul 8th 2024 - Aug 10th 2024
Test given date: Aug 4th
Test completed date (marked completed in the tracker): Aug 6th 2024
Processing office :
Added to the spreadsheet.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
September 9, 2024: Oath ceremony email received today, scheduled for September 19. The tracker has not been updated yet.
Congratulations! Is it a virtual oath or in person?
The tracker has 2 business days delay so you might see it updated either tomorrow or the day after.