+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
Hello friends,

Here is my data for the spreadsheet. Godspeed to everyone!

App Type: Single / Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1435
App Sent: May 22
App Delivered: May 28
AOR Date: June 12
Tracking Link Date: June 14
Test Invite Date:
Test Window:
Test Interview Date:
Test Completed Date:
Finger Print Request: (if requested)
Finger Print Received Date: (if applicable)
Background Complete Date: July 24
Language Complete Date:
Prohibitions Complete Date:
Physical Presence Complete Date:
Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:

Ghost Update Dates
Ghost update #1: July 20
Ghost update #2: July 24
Ghost update #3: July 24 (I have received two new updates on July 24, not sure what that would mean. Perhaps one of them was the background complete update. If anyone has more info on that, it would be great.)
Few updates regarding my case:

Test Interview Date: Aug 18
Test Completed Date: Aug 22
Language Complete Date: Sept 03

I believe the office is Scarborough which from what I gather is the fastest currently, which is very good. Office Email: IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

However, from other cases I noticed LPP was often completed at the same time whereas I only got the language approved so far, is that normal?

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Few updates regarding my case:

Test Interview Date: Aug 18
Test Completed Date: Aug 22
Language Complete Date: Sept 03

I believe the office is Scarborough which from what I gather is the fastest currently, which is very good. Office Email: IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

However, from other cases I noticed LPP was often completed at the same time whereas I only got the language approved so far, is that normal?
Spreadsheet updated.
Yes, Scarborough is the fastest office right now so you should expect quick movements. Usually LPP is done together, but sometimes they take longer for some of LPP so they complete whatever is possible. We do have a few cases where L,P,P were done at different times.

Reactions: Arsen Lupin

JohnWick24

Sep 6, 2024
App May 26 AOR Jun 4 BG Jul 23 Test Aug 7 LPP Aug 29 Oath Not Started.

Application from Burlington. Test invite from Niagara office.

I haven’t heard anything re the oath and it’s been just over a week. I have travel October 13th. What are the odds this thing gets closed off? According to the spreadsheet most people who have LPP completed seem to get their oath invite in 2-3 days.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
App May 26 AOR Jun 4 BG Jul 23 Test Aug 7 LPP Aug 29 Oath Not Started.

Application from Burlington. Test invite from Niagara office.

I haven’t heard anything re the oath and it’s been just over a week. I have travel October 13th. What are the odds this thing gets closed off? According to the spreadsheet most people who have LPP completed seem to get their oath invite in 2-3 days.
Added your info to the spreadsheet. Could you please confirm if it is a single application or family? and your Physical presence days please.

The oath invite in 2-3 days are mostly from Scarborough office. Niagara falls office is taking at least 3-4 weeks right now. How long are you traveling for?

JohnWick24

Sep 6, 2024
Added your info to the spreadsheet. Could you please confirm if it is a single application or family? and your Physical presence days please.

The oath invite in 2-3 days are mostly from Scarborough office. Niagara falls office is taking at least 3-4 weeks right now. How long are you traveling for?
Single application. PP days 1,701.

I am only travelling for 10 days but it’s for my brothers wedding. Based on 3-4 weeks, I may not get the oath invite until end of September which means it’s likely to coincide or be just before. Should I just let IRCC know now not to schedule it during those days?

I don’t care about having it before or after, it’ll be less of a headache after to be honest. I need it by end of Jan 2025 as that’s when my PR card expires.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Single application. PP days 1,701.

I am only travelling for 10 days but it’s for my brothers wedding. Based on 3-4 weeks, I may not get the oath invite until end of September which means it’s likely to coincide or be just before. Should I just let IRCC know now not to schedule it during those days?

I don’t care about having it before or after, it’ll be less of a headache after to be honest. I need it by end of Jan 2025 as that’s when my PR card expires.
I had informed IRCC about my unavailability, but it took them four months after my return to schedule my oath. It seems that notifying IRCC can sometimes lead to delays, as my file appeared to be put on the back burner. I had to send multiple emails, make phone calls, and use the webform to eventually get my oath scheduled.

You have to decide to inform or go with the flow as important life events mostly clash with oath dates :)

JohnWick24

Sep 6, 2024
I had informed IRCC about my unavailability, but it took them four months after my return to schedule my oath. It seems that notifying IRCC can sometimes lead to delays, as my file appeared to be put on the back burner. I had to send multiple emails, make phone calls, and use the webform to eventually get my oath scheduled.

You have to decide to inform or go with the flow as important life events mostly clash with oath dates :)

Yeah I’ve heard this. Did you notify them before or after they had scheduled you?
Maybe I’ll submit my PR card renewal too as a backup.

I’ve been here 16 years. I’m not bothered by an extra six months even.

k519

Jul 22, 2024
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: - 53 days not in canada
App Sent: May 16 ONLINE
AOR Date: May 23
Test Window: Jul 19- Aug 18
Test Interview Date: no interview
Test Completed Date: Jul 19 (but it update on Jul 24)
Finger Print Request: (if requested) july 9
Finger Print Received Date: (if applicable) aug 6
Background Complete Date:
Language Complete Date:
Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: - 53 days not in canada
App Sent: May 16 ONLINE
AOR Date: May 23
Test Window: Jul 19- Aug 18
Test Interview Date: no interview
Test Completed Date: Jul 19 (but it update on Jul 24)
Finger Print Request: (if requested) july 9
Finger Print Received Date: (if applicable) aug 6
Background Complete Date:
Language Complete Date:
Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:
Added to spreadsheet

gpr17

Jan 3, 2024
I received an update today.

Test taken - 1st Sept
Status changed to completed - 5th September
Updated on tracker - 7 September

LPP in progress. From the test invite email, I think it’s Niagara Falls office.
Please update the sheet. Thank you for all the guidelines about the test. Both myself and spouse scored 20/20 in the test.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I received an update today.

Test taken - 1st Sept
Status changed to completed - 5th September
Updated on tracker - 7 September

LPP in progress. From the test invite email, I think it’s Niagara Falls office.
Please update the sheet. Thank you for all the guidelines about the test. Both myself and spouse scored 20/20 in the test.
Congratulations, spreadsheet updated

komalmonga123

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I have to go back to my home country at the end of Sep for an extended period of time for family reasons. Since my background and test are complete, with LPP still in progress, I am thinking of going without informing IRCC as I don't have a fixed date of return. However, I can fly back to Canada for my oath as soon as they inform me.

Thoughts???

Last edited: