+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

sansa7

Dec 17, 2016
Spreadsheet updated.

They take around 2-10 business days to review the test results and mark it as completed in the tracker. On top of it, we had a long weekend as well. You would most likely see it updated to completed this week.
Update: Background Check completed today. Thing is tracker said 3 updates but there is only one that said" September 3rd - Background verification updated to completed". I am not sure what the other 2 updates are about. Ghost updates again?

Reactions: hssrp

TedLA

May 12, 2020
July 26, 2024: Took the test.
July 29, 2024: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
August 14, 2024: Interview required
September 5, 2024: Interview attended. The reason for the interview is because I took the test outside Canada (which I informed them previously via email). The officer just asked several questions regarding the travel history. My current and expired passports were not really checked (only the bio pages were checked). The whole interview was less than 5 minutes. They told me everything was clear, and I should expect the oath, which would be scheduled by another team.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I submitted online from Ottawa.
My physical presence days are 1556
Spreadsheet updated. Your processing office might be Niagara Falls or Scarborough. Please check the contact us section of the test invite PDF.

Vancouver sends the Fingerprints request for most applicants irrespective of your processing office.

Reactions: edinera

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Update: Background Check completed today. Thing is tracker said 3 updates but there is only one that said" September 3rd - Background verification updated to completed". I am not sure what the other 2 updates are about. Ghost updates again?
Don't worry about the number of updates it shows. It is only 1 update, BG completed.
The IRCC tracker has a bug and shows all previously completed steps also as a new update whenever there is any update. When you have Oath scheduled, it will show that you have 8-10 new updates :)

Reactions: sansa7

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
August 14, 2024: Interview required
September 5, 2024: Interview attended. The reason for the interview is because I took the test outside Canada (which I informed them previously via email). The officer just asked several questions regarding the travel history. My current and expired passports were not really checked (only the bio pages were checked). The whole interview was less than 5 minutes. They told me everything was clear, and I should expect the oath, which would be scheduled by another team.
Congratulations, you should most likely see LPP completed in 2 business days (check the tracker on Saturday morning).

edinera

Apr 16, 2016

sansa7

Dec 17, 2016
Update : citizenship test completed on September 04

Reactions: hssrp and KT@9879

Petzold

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Just completed the virtual oath.

Crazy how some people still don't know how to use Zoom at this time.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their oath!