+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi Guys,
It has been more than 2 weeks since LPP complete.
I havent received any info about oath or any other next step.
I wonder how much time it usually takes after LPP complete.
I was thinking to raise a webform not sure if that will help.

Thanks
It takes 2 weeks to 2 months for the oath after LPP depending upon the office. Based on recent trends, Niagara Falls office is taking longer (around a month or so) for the Oath to be scheduled.

Reactions: DRAJPUT

edinera

Apr 16, 2016
They check your name, DOB against the RCMP database for criminality. When there is a partial match with someone on the DB, they request for fingerprints to make sure we are not the one on the database. Sometimes they also request fingerprints for quality check of the process integrity.
Good to know. Thank you.

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Test given on August 30th but no update on the tracker that it is completed yet.
Spreadsheet updated.

They take around 2-10 business days to review the test results and mark it as completed in the tracker. On top of it, we had a long weekend as well. You would most likely see it updated to completed this week.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I finally got my letter yesterday. and submitted my fingerprints today in a RCMP accredited third party agency
Congratulations, it will take around 4 weeks for IRCC to receive and update the tracker with the same.

Could you please share your timeline so that I can add it to the spreadsheet.

Reactions: edinera

edinera

Apr 16, 2016
Congratulations, it will take around 4 weeks for IRCC to receive and update the tracker with the same.

Could you please share your timeline so that I can add it to the spreadsheet.
Sure. My application timeline is as follows:
Application submitted : May 28, 2024
Citizenship Test : August 1, 2024
Citizenship test tracker update: August 14, 2024 (Citizenship test complete status updated)
Fingerprint request : August 26 (in tracker), Received letter on September 4, 2024
Fingerprint submitted: September 5
Processing office: Vancouver

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Sure. My application timeline is as follows:
Application submitted : May 28, 2024
Citizenship Test : August 1, 2024
Citizenship test tracker update: August 14, 2024 (Citizenship test complete status updated)
Fingerprint request : August 26 (in tracker), Received letter on September 4, 2024
Fingerprint submitted: September 5
Processing office: Vancouver
Thank you, added to the spreadsheet. Did you submit the application from Vancouver?
Also could you please confirm the Physical presence days.

nirajparihar

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
Currently, it is the fastest office on earth :) . A good number of folks have got the oath scheduled status the next day of LPP and many others in less than a week from LPP. Of course, YMMV.
You were right.

Today I have finally received email to attend virtual oath ceremony on 17th Sep. It has been a journey with lots of excitement. Good luck to everyone!!