+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2012 Applicants - JOIN HERE!

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonitanita said:
Hey guys

Well this is a truly excruciating wait. Things here are awful and the whole situation is putting a strain on our relationship and it sucks!

I have always been independent & been in charge of my own finances. And, now, I am here in Canada forced to wait around for as long on this while relying on others for practically everything. I'm slowly withering away and I can't remember what it feels like to be happy.

I thought about going back to England until my visa is approved but my bf doesn't want us to be apart for that long. I don't want to be apart for that long either but at the same time, I am sick of spending every waking minute alone. He is at work all day long and when he gets home, he is exhausted and wants to relax.

I miss working so bad. I miss having a reason to get out of bed and to get dressed. I miss being able to go and get a pedicure. He doesn't earn an awful lot and we're trying to make ends meet while trying to save for our future too but I just wish I was able to contribute and wish that I had some independence financially.

Sorry for the rant, have nobody else to turn to. :(
exact same story !!!

been working since I was 17, this is the first time I've been forced not to work, I came here because my wife works here and she insisted on me not being back in Europe!!!

now I have to wait until the papers are approved or I must get a foreigner work permit. whole another application!!!

I've been up and down Toronto for the past month (i came here on May 15th) but I am already too bored just sitting around!!!

not to mention that this is the first time I am not getting any paychecks.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
bonitanita said:
Hey guys

Well this is a truly excruciating wait. Things here are awful and the whole situation is putting a strain on our relationship and it sucks!

I have always been independent & been in charge of my own finances. And, now, I am here in Canada forced to wait around for as long on this while relying on others for practically everything. I'm slowly withering away and I can't remember what it feels like to be happy.

I thought about going back to England until my visa is approved but my bf doesn't want us to be apart for that long. I don't want to be apart for that long either but at the same time, I am sick of spending every waking minute alone. He is at work all day long and when he gets home, he is exhausted and wants to relax.

I miss working so bad. I miss having a reason to get out of bed and to get dressed. I miss being able to go and get a pedicure. He doesn't earn an awful lot and we're trying to make ends meet while trying to save for our future too but I just wish I was able to contribute and wish that I had some independence financially.

Sorry for the rant, have nobody else to turn to. :(

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aip6KZdQpZf7dGNweDk2SlFUaGc2MnVEODBTSm1TVVE&pli=1#gid=0
Don't be sorry I'm in the same boat my husband and I were at eachothers throat 2 weeks ago and he went back to the states for 6 weeks....have you tried maybe volunteering while you wait? This is putting a strand on everybody and being together is not always the best situation...We miss eachother when were not together but not being able to have your independance can put you in a depressed mood...and then you take it on on the other person that the one who is working feels unappreciated and wishes that they could get time off because everything lies on their shoulders so then they take it out on the already depressed spouse and it escalates....I'm calling it the immigration syndrome we all go through it ups and downs! Keep venting!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
been working since I was 17, this is the first time I've been forced not to work, I came here because my wife works here and she insisted on me not being back in Europe!!!

now I have to wait until the papers are approved or I must get a foreigner work permit. whole another application!!!

I've been up and down Toronto for the past month (i came here on May 15th) but I am already too bored just sitting around!!!

not to mention that this is the first time I am not getting any paychecks.
I agree with Cgagnon. If you haven't thought about it, volunteer is good way not only to kill time but also gives you "Canadian experience". I do not know which country you are from but many immigrants are channeled to deskilling survival employment because of lack of Canadian experience when it comes to the time you are able to work. (I feel this is another way Canada takes advantage of us for free labor.. Sad oh, well.... Huh)

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
AnaMaria said:
CORRECTION to my previous message!

PS. Is there any way to delete my previous message?
yes, log in with your username and password, then go to the message you want to delete, there should be a "REMOVE" button marked with a red X on the upper right corner of the message box, click on that button to delete the message.

good luck.

babbysophia

Jun 19, 2012
Can i be added in the chart aswell?, its interesting to see the chart mine was sent on may 19 and received on may 24th. thx

babbysophia

Jun 19, 2012
BEGAN PROCESS 8 of September 2011
APPROVED SPONSOR 15 of November 2011
LETTER WITH STICKERS 26 of march del 2012
PASSPORT ASKED FOR 23 OF April
APPROVED VISA 20 of June
TIME TOTAL 9 months and 12 days
this was for a friend of mine here in Colombia. i hope we are this lucky

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Farfelu said:
yes, log in with your username and password, then go to the message you want to delete, there should be a "REMOVE" button marked with a red X on the upper right corner of the message box, click on that button to delete the message.

good luck.
Thanks a lot!

Franzi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-2012 (received 05-17-2012)
Doc's Request.
10-12-2012 additional information req.
AOR Received.
Vienna 09-26-2012, in process 10-09-2012, DM 01-18-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
issues 14-01-2013, received COPR 30-01-2013
LANDED..........
February 05, 2013!!!!!!!!!
Hi everybody,

I'm also in the same boat. I even worked in Canada for one year but then my work permit expired and I couldn't get an extension. :( So here I am, just waiting for the months to go by so I will be able to work again. I know I am very lucky to spend this time here with my husband and not far away from him, but it's tough getting through life with only one income.

Where are you guys living? I live in Mississauga.

Franzi

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
cgagnon said:
Don't be sorry I'm in the same boat my husband and I were at eachothers throat 2 weeks ago and he went back to the states for 6 weeks....have you tried maybe volunteering while you wait? This is putting a strand on everybody and being together is not always the best situation...We miss eachother when were not together but not being able to have your independance can put you in a depressed mood...and then you take it on on the other person that the one who is working feels unappreciated and wishes that they could get time off because everything lies on their shoulders so then they take it out on the already depressed spouse and it escalates....I'm calling it the immigration syndrome we all go through it ups and downs! Keep venting!
Well, I agree with this title: Immigration Syndrome. IS!

It is really a tricky situation for all of us: those of us who have to endure separation, we are strained, and believe me long distance when you can't plan for anything together with major time differences is really difficult to go through.
and then there's those of us who live together, but one side isn't independent, and that also puts a major strain on both parties.

I wish there was a way to make things easier for everyone. What we've found to be really helpful is to communicate, and to make sure both parties are feeling useful. and we are very serious about our workout schedule. We find it extremely helpful.

I would imagine if my husband was here and couldn't work, it would've been really difficult, but still, I want him to be here so badly. I know the inland wait time is longer, but in the meantime, maybe the person being sponsored can come up with a way to feel useful? Volunteering was a great suggestion. Sports are great. Maybe you can pick up a new language or a hobby in the meantime? Learn a new instrument if you like music? Even though no money is made, still, it doesn't mean you can't learn something that will potentially be useful for you in future, either in your professional life, or for your personal development.

I wish we all could live life without worrying about things that are so ordinary to other people. By normal I mean being with your partner, and having the option of working or functioning like any normal functional couple can. But at the end, I always try to remember that we chose to go through this, because it's worth it. It's damn difficult to go through it, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We are all working towards something that we have already decided is a very precious and special thing. So when either of us are having one of those sad days- you know, the ones that in your head nothing is working- we re-iterate this fact: how special our relationship is to us.

Hang in there. We will all get there.

Franzi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-2012 (received 05-17-2012)
Doc's Request.
10-12-2012 additional information req.
AOR Received.
Vienna 09-26-2012, in process 10-09-2012, DM 01-18-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
issues 14-01-2013, received COPR 30-01-2013
LANDED..........
February 05, 2013!!!!!!!!!
BCgirl2012 said:
I wish we all could live life without worrying about things that are so ordinary to other people. By normal I mean being with your partner, and having the option of working or functioning like any normal functional couple can. But at the end, I always try to remember that we chose to go through this, because it's worth it. It's damn difficult to go through it, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We are all working towards something that we have already decided is a very precious and special thing. So when either of us are having one of those sad days- you know, the ones that in your head nothing is working- we re-iterate this fact: how special our relationship is to us.
This was very beautifully said! Whenever I feel sad or upset about our situation, I remind myself that I am able to live with the person I love most and that I'm spending every day with him and everything's fine. :) And I also tell myself, once this whole process is over, I won't look back in anger, I will just be happy that everything's back to normal!

lambchop

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Well, I agree with this title: Immigration Syndrome. IS!

It is really a tricky situation for all of us: those of us who have to endure separation, we are strained, and believe me long distance when you can't plan for anything together with major time differences is really difficult to go through.
and then there's those of us who live together, but one side isn't independent, and that also puts a major strain on both parties.

I wish there was a way to make things easier for everyone. What we've found to be really helpful is to communicate, and to make sure both parties are feeling useful. and we are very serious about our workout schedule. We find it extremely helpful.

I would imagine if my husband was here and couldn't work, it would've been really difficult, but still, I want him to be here so badly. I know the inland wait time is longer, but in the meantime, maybe the person being sponsored can come up with a way to feel useful? Volunteering was a great suggestion. Sports are great. Maybe you can pick up a new language or a hobby in the meantime? Learn a new instrument if you like music? Even though no money is made, still, it doesn't mean you can't learn something that will potentially be useful for you in future, either in your professional life, or for your personal development.

Hang in there. We will all get there.
Well put!

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
I feel I am lucky that my husband is able to be here with me while the application is processing. He was here for 6 months last year and just arrived last month - I'm hoping he won't have to leave ever again. It's a little hard to support 2 people (and 2 dogs, and 2 cats) on 1 income, but we make do. Though I guess not everyone is lucky enough to be able to be from a visa-exempt country. :(

crna80

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-7-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
I have been volunteering two days a week. It gets me out, also allows me to meet people locally, so when I do need a job I may have some contacts. Plus it fills in blanks spots on a work history. And I find it fun! If where you are is your potential new home, now is the time to explore and learn the new area. Act like a tourist and enjoy what's around. It's the first time
in my life I've not had to go to work. Enjoy it as you know it will not last!

peggyfran

May 16, 2012
I have a question. We are moving to PEI at the end of July. Our address and email will change. Since I will have no file number until they actually open my application, how do I notify them of an address change?
Thanks for your help.